Disappointed in Sim Update 5

Agreed…at least it was an update not a downgrade

The tool tip thing is a non-issue… you can turn it off and go back to how it was before. Its under accessibility in the options menu.

I’ve got all of those options OFF yet it still shows up, do you know which setting it is?

Picture says it all …

8 Likes

I dont remember exactly but the current setting says “locked” and you can change it to legacy.

Oh, so the solution is to go spend another $600 on a game that’s 70% of what it used to be?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice…

2 Likes

I would if I could. However can’t get the old version back. I’m always using an AI flight from JFK to Newark via Manhattan to test a new version in regards to performance and visuals. And I’ve never seen such a degradation of fidelity. So I can’t believe this is because of bandwidth issues. I was able to download the Update with 180Mb/s and right after that did this test (and the following day too).

Read my post about xbox series x only having 16gb of Ram. When 32gb was recommended for PC. When Asobo said their lowering the Dam usage as it was not needed was BS. Truth is they had to lower the Ram due to xbox ram limitations. This is the result. As you pointed out.

4 Likes

That ain’t right man. Mine doesn’t look like that at all.
They definitely will not leave the sim looking like that :joy:

I can see from the other screen shots what you mean now. That’s definitely not right mine doesn’t look like that. It wouldn’t be your connection it would be their server not being able to pump out the demand of weather, ATC, scenery plus everyone either downloading or updating.
I personally think it will be better when server load cools off.
Still a few bugs around though regardless of the server.
I’ve put it on the shelf until Asobo catch up with Microsoft’s unrealistic deadlines and hunger for money.

I don’t think Asobo are the bad guys here I think it’s Greedy Microsoft pushing deadlines that compromise quality. Nothing new from MS.

The lack of control over buttons. I used to use the left and right arrows on lights etc.
The fact they have combined Landing and taxi guidance as one. WHY. This is awful.
Half of the buttons on my saitek light switch no longer work.
You have taken a great sim and made it like a kids toy.

I think SU4 will be on the marketplace soon, obviously for a nominal fee of 50 bucks :slight_smile:

Would you buy it?

I have a full backup of SU4, if I could figure out how to bypass the server version check, then maybe I could go back to the glory days just a few days ago, wouldn’t that be something. Anyone else with a full SU4 backup?

I agree, but the main problem is this game out of the box is a fantastic « tourist » sim but not a « flight » sim. If you want a decent flight sim, you MUST use 3rd party aircraft, or mod, free or payware. So I understand the high disappointment of the community which jump from a stable version to something close to the first launch version with everything to restart from zero.

I certainly would not buy it. They need to fix this version and deliver what was promised to everyone not just some users.

The sucker I am, I would probably buy it lol

Totally agree with your statement.
But will Microsoft listen I don’t think so.
Only hope is for a new flight simulator using Google scenery or Google buys out a simulator company.
So forget about Microsoft many people predicted this 2 years ago I for one did not believe it at the time.

2 Likes

Yeah do it! Microsoft needs the moneh.

I have a ZFS snapshot. I can rollback to SU4 in a second.
But I don’t know how to bypass the update.

Disconnect Internet then reconnect once flying lol

Well, not all areas are like the screenshots, some are better, but definitely not as crisp as before the ■■■■ update :rofl: