Disappointed in Sim Update 5

Sure at the same time, I remember seeing a “mandatory update” message during the update process.
I took it seriously :slight_smile:

I’ll try in a couple of days and will touch wood. One of the nice things of the Update 5 is that most of the micro stutters went away. Still some around as well as bigger ones, but I can live with this. But the pop-ins and the current degradation of visuals is a concern. Another concern is that currently we will have one release for xbox and for the PC. The xBox will always be the bottle neck. Whatever is currently available or will be available in regards to high end GPU’s will not profit in such a situation. Maybe they will give the PC community some flexibility to increase LOD, fidelity, Memory usage etc.

Let’s wait and see.

1 Like

The fact some areas are better than others makes me suspect even more their ■■■■■■ server is sweating buckets lol

If I recall they said that the PC version would pull away from the xbox version by having additional settings only PC users can access. So that is hopeful.

1 Like

Yeah Microscruge don’t give a toss about us. In fact have a listen to what CEO said only two days ago. “xbox and xbox games will be driving focus as it one of our highest forms revenue income” That says it all. US PC users just lab eats to them.

2 Likes

i believe it is not a server-side issue cuz it clearly works and has internet usage so i doubt …
i also did a test with vpn still same ■■■■ …

If they don’t fix it guarantee this community will do a mod anyway lol

Honestly the only problem I have with the “optimization” is the fact they are they forcing it. Lower RAM usage for medium/high settings on PC and/or whatever works on XBOX, I mean I sure don’t have a problem with that, and general system resource optimization is always a good thing. For example if I had my settings on Medium/High before, now I get higher FPS thanks to the optimizations, but I have to use High/Ultra to have the same fidelity, and give back some of that FPS gain, then I have no problem with that.

The issue is they forced it on absolutely everybody, for no reason whatsoever. It’s not like this system resource thing is an engine limitation. If my settings are on Ultra, they SHOULD be the absolute best the engine can deliver, with none of this forced resource limitation. Graphical options are there for a reason, LET THE USERS DECIDE THEIR EXPERIENCE!

2 Likes

The buildings look like Google Earth’s 3D Buildings.

1 Like

That’s from the Asobo Nuke they dropped on us all.

Hello,

we can understand, that some people are frustrated.

We are still asking everyone here to keep the topic constructive and to avoid violations of the forum guidelines.

Thank you.

3 Likes

We humbly ask for Asobo to give us an update.

I thought graphic quality was important, it was at the end the real improvement over other simulators and something that ASOBO highlighted in all the advertise, including the last one for xbox: “how excellent is the scenery”
Now that graphic is ruined compared to SU4 (hard to say the opposite honestly) I see people that don’t care…amazing.
Instead of fix LOD and photogrammetry as requested many times, affecting the SIM since the release we move back…and people are still happy. I guess it is not difficult to make a present for them at xmas

2 Likes

Hey this is interesting!

Back home from work, I was willing to give Sim Upheaval 5 another try.

After 17 minutes loading (yes, 17, was 4 before), I get the message I have an update waiting in the content manager. It was not there for this morning´s breakfast CTD galore.

Aparently, Deluxe Content was not properly installed before. The content manager says I still have half the download size to go. Again, it was not there this morning.

So, right now I´m downloading that extra 1.5 Gb of content (at the glorious speed of 1.5 mbps… :P). Who knows, maybe this was de the problem and after this download my sim will be stable again. Really looking forward to test it. Will let you know in two or three days when the download is finished (600 mbps connection, working perfectly with anything other than FS2020).

Who would have thought a 30 hour, five times crashed, update process could break something? (or am I being too sensitive?..).

since sim update 5 I have lost the ability to load runways, approaches in the world view. flight plans created in simbrief and navigaph no longer load as created. Anyone else with this problem? Any suggestions?

I mean they were not honest about downgrades, why would you believe that now?

1 Like

Let’s all land our planes next to Asobo

4 Likes

nice :wink: never saw that, maybe it’s something in your community folder receiving an update.

can you remember where you saw that?

By far the biggest issue in my opinion is the live weather.
(I only tested it with the FBW A32nx)

If you’re playing with live weather and try to cruise trough “warmer” airspace’s i guess, the TAT and SAT, which are shown on the lower ECAM, jump into a positive value making the aircraft think its climbing at a lower speed than it actually is.

This causes the aircraft to level off and it is not continuing to climb until the TAT and SAT either get a higher value or just jump straight back to a negative value.

I asked the FBW-Team if this could be maybe their issue but they said that they are not responsible for this issue and that its already a known issue.

The only “fix” for this is to play with a preset weather.

Please let me know if anyone got the same problem.

Also i think its pretty weird from ASOBO to say this update is a performance boost when they are just lowering the quality of for example the clouds because i also noticed this. I think the performance is actually way better than before the update but if they’re just lowering the graphics you don’t have to wonder why.

1 Like