Disappointed in Sim Update 5

So you have the same issue? Surprisingly I haven’t seen it in any recent video on youtube.

I saw that issue posted in this thread yesterday somewhere so yes I’ve seen it with SU5.

I found that this bug occured when I pushed my render scale slider in VR above 100 - ie 105.
See if that is your problem or not?

It was the first thing I noticed along with stuttering:

My biggest issue with the update is that I can’t do VFR anymore…

That’s my favorite type of flight to do, low and slow navigating with a chart… But now I can’t tell what’s in front of me few miles ahead since unless I’m on top the area everything else is incredibly low res and blurry.

I came to land in an airport with multiple strips and I swear I just couldn’t read the numbers on the runways…

I am on all ULTRA btw 1440p.

3 Likes

Fixed it. But still, bugs like that shouldn’t happen… anyway, thanks!

Got a leaked about Sim Update 6…

24 Likes

That Concorde flying over Rio De Janeiro is beautiful.

They need to reverse the visual downgrades for PC users, asap. It’s not a good experience anymore to fly VFR or just cruising in general. Let users decide through conventional setting adjustments to determine their visual fidelity to FPS performance. Not have it decided for us. Perhaps the new allocations of CPU and GPU usage will be more than enough for some to increase FPS. No need for decreased visuals.

14 Likes

Ever since this update my sim crashes every 30 minutes. I can’t do a single flight. Anyone find a fix?

on lower spec machine…why they have to ruin my experience instead?

I am getting a very smooth performance in VR but the view keeps sticking for a few seconds have to keep shaking my head to get it to catch up other than that its ok.

i9 - Nvidia 3090 - 64gb mem and Reverb G2

Your SU5 picture looks more realistic to be honest.

That’s not how I use a POV-hat at all! I use it to pan, not switch.

I am still playing around with the graphics setting on my 3090 since they got defaulted / changed. How are other 3080/3090 users finding the graphics quality now compared to SU4? I think it looks worse, but I need to run it a while to see for sure.

I also have VR but don’t really use it, I am happy with my ultra wide, so I haven’t really tested it in VR yet.

Are you 3080/3090 users on max everything graphics? including sliders

Running on 3440x1440 on 34 inch Ultrawide on 3080Ti. no VR, no trackIR.

Was on Ultra on everything, with scaling at 110 and LOD at 110 with SU4. Game looked amazing. Frame locked it to 30 Fps, and I was having a rock steady 30fps, except for the occasional stutter when approaching major airports due to CPU, which they now fixed with SU5.

With SU5, I’m still on Ultra everything, except now my LOD sliders are at 200, but everything looks way worse despite the increased the sliders. Cities especially look garbage. Buildings not showing up until last minute, you now only see buildings immediately surrounding you. Night looks worse due to lack of building as well. Terrain looks lower res until getting much closer. In addition to all this, now you get all the poping in and out of buildings and trees.

System RAM and VRAM utilization is about half of what they were before. Because I lock my frame at 30 FPS anyways, the only improvement I got was the occasional stutter, but lost so much visual fidelity.

15 Likes

Thats exactly what I am seeing right now in my limited testing, everything seems to “pop in” at much closer distance than in SU4 and I seemingly have no way to influence that at all, no matter what settings I choose.

1 Like

So… less than 2 days in and the consensus is that they’ve objectively crippled the game on PC without any valid reason. Any thoughts on how they’ve answered criticism in the past or is this long thread just a waste on time (ie, they haven’t got a good track record at listening to feedback ?)

2 Likes

Don’t you just miss seeing the skyline from KJFK?

10 Likes

This update is just awful. 60 minutes playing and I had 6 crashes of simulator. Yes, I have more FPS about 20-30 %, but what price is it? Textures are blurry, less objects in the terrain,… Addons don’t work properly. Why can’t Asobo colaborate with other major developers in advance? Now we must wait and hope that developers will repair it. Nowadays I worry when I do anything in MSFS - connecting the joystick → crash, opening the menu → crash, finishing a loading scene → crash, taxiing → crash, … Shame on Asobo and Microsoft. A great amateurism.

7 Likes