Disappointed in Sim Update 5

You can do performance improvement without ruining immersion.

Werd, Newark to Teterboro, no freezing.
Graphics still not good though (to put it nicely).

I want the game I played 4 DAYS ago!!

4 Likes

I know what I’m gonna do!

Farming simulator 19! screw being a pilot…

4 Likes

The people who see no problem with quality, I suggest the following:

Take off from MSLP (El Salvador Intl) in clear weather, head out a bit to the West until you are near the coast at about 7000 feet and go to external and pan around what happens with the textures.

I might mnake a video at some point but right now I can’t. But it cannot stay like that or I will eventually go back to XPlane.

2 Likes

When MSFS released I was running it on an OC’ed GTX 1070. Upgrading to a 3080 did not really have the expected “wow effect” pre SU5 as in other games due to being limited by main thread, just eliminated the low dips and slightly improved performance. Hope this answers your question.

I would still wait with upgrading your rig and see what your current rig can handle following feature updates - I saw today a post on avsim that shared a quote from a PMDG dev that stated that the previous SU5 builds had even better performance than we see now on live.

2 Likes

Same thinking. Really I can’t believe why they destroy the sim.
Fs2020 is unflyable since SUV and is ugly.
For me is parked at gate until they solve this.
Ladies and gentleman Clear Skys Simulator 2021
Is here!!!

3 Likes

But they see no problem with quality just because they were playing with the lowest settings and maybe they had some issues with the SIM (CTD, game not fluid) and now they are happy cause they can play…instead playing on ULTRA is absolutely impossible not to see the difference.

2 Likes

Just thinking out loud.
When Microsoft left the flight simulator in 2004 they gave a license to Lockheed Martin who then continued to develop it. By creating a Prepar3D flight simulator which also had many problem CTD and others. One year in they changed the simulator to a 64bit flight simulator system.
May be the time has come to at least talk to them?

2 Likes

Thank you. It does.
I had planned to upgrade everything for 4K in light of the SU5 / cross-platform changes.
Your experience wrt to performance confirms that waiting for the dust to settle was wise :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry, I really thought that i would get used the new scenery. I just Can’t. It’s REALLY REALLY freaking awful. Every time I start the game and load a flight my blood begins to boil thinking about the investment i made in hardware and software to run an awesome simulator the way MSFS throughout the years has always been geared towards…the serious simpilot that wants to hone his or her real world skills in a sim or just the challenge of administering the correct procedures in fairly accurate flight models that will easily crash or not start or whatever if not piloted correctly.
Now it’s just an elaborate world scenery viewer from a cockpit now ironically with worse scenery than before.

10 Likes

You have to admit, it does have comedy value.

Promise of great performance improvements, I for one did not think along the lines of, “Oh lets just nerf the hard coded element responsible for visual quality” - I expected old code to be cleaned up / optimised and other back end tasks we don’t see. Not the visuals!!! LOL

They basically just backed off some back end equivalent of sliders under “Graphics” menu in any other game of this calibre.

17 Likes

Don’t know what you got 'til it’s gone :frowning:

4 Likes

If this is about the 172 on floats that you guys added free, you guys can have back.

5 Likes

IOIOOIIOI8864 It is indeed hilarious. I can’t wait until the first Risitas videos comes up.

4 Likes

Please please please please give us an option to go back to the beautiful graphics of SU4 please please please please. I am unable to play now the scenery is so depressing.

17 Likes

That’s an expensive disappointment :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Well they wouldn’t want to actually improve anything would they? That costs $$$ you know :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There’s really something quite nasty about people coming on with this ‘I’m OK so I don’t believe or care about anyone having problems’. It’s quite bizarre, even if it does work for you, why would you not want it fixed for others?

And even if you don’t have the CTDs or stutters, there are parts of the game that are broken within the engine and I would have thought you would care about that? You don’t mind an FMC that can’t programme an approach correctly? You don’t mind temperatures being all over the place at altitude? You don’t mind ATC that is obviously a port of the FSX engine and makes all the same errors? You don’t mind having to make workarounds for all sorts of basic stuff in every flight because it hasn’t been done right after a year? AI and live traffic that still doesn’t work. Something as simple as the spoiler lever not moving when they spoilers extend/retract. How are such simple things not working? The poor crosswind physics.

Anyone who’s happy with this is obviously not looking for a remotely realistic sim, which is fine but it’d be helpful to say that when you post that you think this is fine.

6 Likes

I think this comment of yours is entirely useless and not helpful. Your “love it or leave it” attitude is anathema to the spirit of community built around players helping each other and working with developers to improve the product for everyone. I am glad everything is working perfectly for you. But that begs the question, why are you here replying to posts by people who want to have things fixed instead of enjoying your improved FPS?

6 Likes

Totally frustrating, I just landed at an airport and during the flare I saw runway intersection and taxiway signs start popping out of thin air in sequence. The runway I was landing on is only 2,100 feet long, what in the world is the actual draw distance, lol?

2 Likes