Discovery Flights. HOW exactly are those flown?

I like the discovery flights and hope to see more of them at more exotic less visited places in the future. Those nordic Islands were fantastic and I had never heard of them before. Very relaxing music too.

1 Like

These are amazing! I showed my brother who loves simming, but has never got into it seriously.

Great way to showcase my 3080 too :wink:

Hmm I think there is a way to complete them. I just did the mount everest one and just flew around the POI’s then a box came up and said something like… CO-Pilot, you can exit the flight now anytime by pressing escape. Afterwards my decathlon went from 20% to 30%.

And by using the search function, I now have an answer to my question. I’ve been wondering if there was a “plan to follow” (as with the Bush flights) in order to complete a Discovery Flight. It seems I’m doing it right by just buzzing around as I see fit.

Cool. I like it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it true if you fly four hours a new spotlight event pops up ? Is there a poi list For every flight I have to fly by for completing the discovery flight or is it just fun ?

I agree, and for me, it is about that freedom. Flying amazing places and seeing things from home. Love it. Not for everyone I understand that. I am just trying to get my hardcore gaming brother to play this with me.

2 Likes

I wish I could download them somewhere, they are amazing.

Just my two cents here, to help you understand there is some fan base for this, not trying to be salty in here.
I use it mainly to relax and chill a bit. Usually there is nice views and music and helps me to decompress a little from a tough day. Is kind of a VFR flying on nice sceneries with some music on.

I do inderstand that maybe you don’t need that (probably yet ;)) and as you said, directly plan your flight in VFR/IFR or do a bush flight and that’s all and I think is fine too.

Another way I used that is as demonstrator for some friends of what is to be inside an aircraft and “piloting” without going through all the hassle, as they usually are not from this hobby.

1 Like

Without a new event, a lot of people will never finish this achievement, and the old ones don’t work for it. Really time to either enable the catalog events, preferred, or create some new ones that people can use to pop. A lot of us have hundreds of hours in the game, and a completion is a major feather.