[Discussion] 1.15.8 Hotfix is Available!

I still have a pretty low performance, I don’t know if there is a way to fix this.
After 10-15 minutes, the fps goes from 20-25 to 10
Any advices ??

Turn loggin on in you router and see if your being attacked from the outside world. I was and once I eliminated the threat everything is back to normal…I only caught it by chance…

I did that, already.
Doesen’t help
1 Gbps / RTX 3090 / I7 9700k@5,1 GHz

Nothing kicking up in you router logs? Run resource monitor and see how many connection are attached to FS when you start flying should stay around 5. 2 akamitech 1 amazonaws and 2 that dont resolve.

I had the same symptoms. Saw that I was being DDOS’s from a amazonaws account (prbly spoofed). You can try to change the mac on you router, see if it gives you a new IP address, or call your ISP and have them do it.

I changed MACs and IP and the extra connection went away for me so did the slow steady decline of 30,20,10,4. Before the issues happend it was always 35-40+…Now its back to that, all my drivers are re-installed and everything seems good to go here 3 days and counting knock on wood…and it only took 8 weeks to get this resolved…

I think we all just have to be patient and wait for them to fix things. As a few of us noted there does seem to be a particular issue now with RTX 3000 series cards. I really hope we get a fix in the next few weeks though. I would prefer not having to wait until the DX12 version comes out to get back the performance I had only a month or ago. I’ve got a 5600X and an OC RTX 3080 and I was getting 50 - 60FPS in 4K with ultra settings whilst flying over the Swiss alps. Now I get 30 - 40FPS. That drop matters hugely for VR performance.

2 Likes

Web Assembly, abbreviated (WASM)

It looks like you have great specs and have posted in several other threads on this forum.

So as we like to say here, this is obviously “not your first rodeo”!

I am curious to hear what your graphics and other settings are. (I searched in some of your other posts.)
For example are you using custom or are you using one of the pre-set graphics settings?
If pre-set, which one?
VR?
Have you changed any of your Nvidia Controller settings from default?
HAG? Game Mode? Overclocking?
Multi-flyer on?
etc.

Obviously, I know what my low-end system settings are that presently give me the best, stutter-free flying in version 1.15.8.

Perhaps if we can determine the deltas between our 2 systems, it might help you to rediscover your “happy-place” in the simulator. There are just so many, many variables!

Should anyone from MS be reading this, 1.15.8 has removed my ability to actually start the game at all.

After the Blackshark splash screen, the app just crashes. Tried multiple complete reinstalls, not sure what else to do at this point.

To add to this. I feel like MSFS should figure out a way of letting us run the previous version as well as the current version.

Their track record of breaking more stuff than they fix in an update is not good.

1 Like

great idea, and when they realize that they could also implement a crash report for CDT, just only a message what causes the crash. Sad to say that customers have to propose that.

Btw now they killed also all Airmanager/Mobiflight G1000 functionallity, no buttons no Nav/Com roatries noting working anymore. Since WU4 this happened to the events used in Spad.next, now they completed their destruction with Airmanager.

I´m so fed up I have no words and I find it very hard to use friendly words…

Not everyone gets a CTD. I can start the game without any problems and other people can’t. At this point Asobo would need to analyze your specific system and figure out what the problem is. You can’t generate an automated report for that.

Just have a crash watcher app or process send details on the crash and the system configuration. Maybe they’re already doing that, but some visual confirmation that a crash report has been sent would be nice.

Plenty of other apps do that.

Just to maybe at least get you into the sim, have you tried bypassing the initial promo clips by using the faststart option on the command line.

That would only be any use, of course, if it is a clip(s) that is causing the CTD, but it might be worth a try and you could also let Asobo know the results, to help them narrow it down a little more.

Also to me. Please check this for us. Thank you, now it´s unplayable.

:flushed:fast start option!
How do you do that?

Where is the exe located? - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Should provide the answer to that.

I had misremembered that the option is in fact Fastlaunch, not faststart, so sorry for that.

the update to 1.15.8.0 downloads fs-base.patch0.1.156.fspatch over and over again… ? been downloading 127.6MB Update for half an hour now; yet it only gets to 112.06 and starts over again. It’s stating that it is part 2/4…

After Restarting it’s 34.89 GB…

Hi @tr3y4rch6158,
Try doing a search in #bugs-and-issues on the word “looping”

Also, in the FAQ:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016844080-Download-stuck-on-packages-Install-loop-Decompressing-issues

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.