Discussion: February 25th, 2021 Development Update

And I was agreeing with you on this statement. What I was subtly trying to point out is there is another person / role in play, and it their job to put the best spin on things. Even this “hot fix” may just be fixing the config files of premium planes, and waiting until SU3 for fully tested code changes.

But did you see that they added a dedicated web site for SDK and other documentation? That seems very promising!

2 Likes

Have you received any offers for community manager or moderator yet?

Asobo should release the updated .cfg files as a “hot-workaround” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:.

1 Like

I’m sure they could but I suspect that will be complex because of the cloud based nature of this and all the server stuff.

It seems like the upcoming hotfix for the flaps issue will delay the sim update, expected to solve many more all at once, one week ahead, it’d better be canceled and the sim update should be worked straight away.

Every update causing new problems is getting old too…

It’s nice and all that they own up to mistakes they’ve made, but after a while, I wish they could just test their work and release it bug free in the first place.

3 Likes

Strange, I don’t see that at all.
The main aircraft I’ve been flying recently is the Cessna Caravan and that was badly affected after the patch making it fairly unusable. I switched over to the Mooney and it seemed to be working fine for me.

Once they posted the workaround with the cfg files I just applied it to the Caravan and am now flying that and the mooney depending on the type of trip I’m doing.

Yeah you’re right! Team got excited about all the new planes and enthusiasm got the best of us. Hats off to inibuild’s progress anyway. Corrected the blog post.

6 Likes

I already have a full time job and am too stupid to comprehend why anyone would volunteer to try to herd this collection of hissing, clawing, feral cats.

One of my ex-wives adopted a big old stray and made me try to hold him down in a mop bucket while she poured in water to bathe it. Two months later I regained full use of my left arm. I’m still missing a finger on my right hand.

4 Likes

lmao I totally agree.

Or it could be to give them time to investigate what when wrong in their build process that allowed in-progress code changes to be included. If I were them I would want to be confident this wasn’t going to happen again before releasing another major update.

And it could be a bit of both.

+1 I agree, not only this might reduce signal/noise ratio and genuinely surprise us once in a while, but also opens the simulator SDK to let 3rd party devs access the simulator deepest core so that we can finally bring more GTN and GNS to simmers… :innocent:

1 Like

Or it could be that they’ve learnt from this and want to ensure that it doesn’t happen again.

I miss my GTN Complete on MSFS… It’s such a wonderful system. Get me some A2A aircraft in MSFS (I know they are coming) with GTN750 and I am happy.

Except you’d get the most complete GTN from me instead :wink:

(see the URL when you click my avatar)

1 Like

AH! So you are with Reality… I see. I was contemplating your product as well as the GNS… Went with Flight 1 instead. I am a little bit disappointed in what happened with the latest version of the Garmin trainer. You can’t upgrade to 3.0 or Flight 1 will stop working. And they publicly stated they don’t plan to support 3.0… This is a bit of an issue. What if Garmin pulls the old version? I may get stuck with a non-functional product. I have been a bit less than impressed with their Support. That’s all I got.

I was sitting here recently wondering when someone is gonna come and bring GTN into MSFS… What’s stopping you right now? I don’t know technical details of SDK or software development, but it’s not possible for us to get a GTN or GNS product from third parties?

2 Likes

Question what was going to be included in the next sim update one thing i hope is addressed is the AI Flight Controls feature

i need help with installation MSF2020. please help :slight_smile:

If you need help you will need to provide more information. If you need general advice create a topic in General Discussion. If your request for help stems from a bug or issues during installation then create a topic in Bugs and Issues - Performance.

Make sure you include the following information in your topic:

• A description of your issue - what you are stuck on
  • What have you tried
  • Is your sim licenced through Game Pass, or is it purchased through Steam or the Windows Store
  • Is your OS up to date

This will give others enough information to be able to help.

Translation:

Sim update III was not going to be ready anyway. So in an attempt to broker some good favor we decided to do what we should have done all along and release a hotfix for the flaps issue weeks later than it needed to be.