Discussion: January 28th, 2021 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Use this thread to discuss the development update.

5 Likes

So now that the update is delayed an additional 2 weeks, what does this mean for the other updates, particularly fixing the bugs? Are all these going to be pushed back further?

In the aircraft market place update you’ve mistyped “airport” where “aircraft” suppose to be.

18 aircraft (+0) are not announced, but the dev let us know that the airport is in production.

4 Likes

I saw that error last week as well.

Oh, well, everything seems fine, except one thing:

It seems like London requires some more attention, isn’t it?
At least please update photos with the best conditions… :sweat_smile:
Since the last terrain spikes bug, all of this just make me feel very anxious.
Take your time for the new update, but please, don’t break something else once again!! Thanks.

3 Likes

This link should answer that:

01:02:00​ Will Sim update 3 be pushed out due to delay of World Update 3?

1 Like

Bummer! Patience is a virtue

1 Like

Superb update! Thanks for adding some gorgeous & popular airports such as Munich, Liverpool EGGP (been waiting for this) & Kaitak (now-fictional but challenging!) this week. So glad to read Maestro Lionel’s interview :bowing_man: I see he’s been taking flight lessons too! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m excited for the update as I’m from the UK but they should’ve still released a patch that fixed the terrain spikes. The sim has been unplayable since December and now we have to wait another 2 weeks just because they wanted a photogrammetry London in there.
Can you imagine if someone bought you the sim for Christmas and all you see are terrain spikes everywhere? First impressions count for a lot! Not a good look for Asobo.

2 Likes

Because of some spikes in the terrain? If it doesn’t start it’s unplayable. Now it has some graphic glitches.

9 Likes

Agreed, unplayable implies it just doesn’t work. This is just an aesthetic inconvenience, except in fringe cases where it’s right on the approach path to a runway.

2 Likes

What I mean is whenever I boot up the sim and see the spikes everywhere it makes me want to turn it off. I know it’s technically playable but it looks so ugly I can’t bear to look at it.

2 Likes

I’ve been flying daily. Haven’t come across spikes yet except from lake ontario around Toronto but a freeware patch fixed that too. World’s is big I’m sure you can find places where you can fly. I’ve flown new Zealand , zurich to Venice to edlp. Many flights in u.s

Personally, I am by far most looking forward to the improvements to cloud pixelation and graininess that are listed to come with this update. I know that this issue does not make the sim “unplayable” but it has been very frustrating to deal with for the past few months and has majorly effected my enjoyment of the sim to the point I barely fly anymore.

I hope that this further delay allows more progress to be made in solving this issue. Also, I don’t wish to sound unappreciative, I only complain because of how deeply I believe in and love this product. I very much look forward to this issue being solved so I can get back to the level of enjoyment and immersion I felt prior to when the cloud issues arose.

2 Likes

The sim has been UGLY since December, and there’s a really easy fix for it for anyone that wants to take the minimal effort to download the mod. The mod’s been available since a day or two after the update caused the spikes. I too didn’t want to fly in that ugly mess. The mod fixed it right up.

3 Likes

This sim is their “baby” with the scenery and visuals being the hallmark feature.

I just can’t understand why they don’t even mention the promised hot fix for the terrain spikes introduced by December VR update and another ugly issue - the shoreline water creeping triangles introduced by the US update and never acknowledged.
I’m slowly forgetting the ave when first seeing the quality of the visuals in the initial release version - dense trees, LOD working more or less properly, night lighting, no Isengard Towers around my home airfield, realistic shores, non-pixellated clouds, autogen buildings with texture and windows no matter how far away, scenery elements just gently appearing in the distance without popping out.

Hard to understand why they put so much work in updating the sim, with so devastating results to the core graphical engine.

And how it’s possible that they don’t see that their once pretty “baby” turns uglier every day (despite fancy Japan, US, UK “world update clothes”). Maybe they spend so much time with the sim that they miss these gradual degradations, something happening to me as I turn older every day. But even with my aging not so sharp eyes, I would rather not miss the spikes on my face and I would attempt some action before appearing at the Christmas party in such condition.

4 Likes

Yeah was a bit “shocked” by these screenshots of London, too. Normally you pick the best looking screenshots for publishing… But maybe they went for (extremely) honest this time :smiley:

They stated the fix is coming with the U.K update. But still, i agree with you. Unacceptable to wait several weeks to fix such a critical bug. The same fate happened also for the Asobo A320 AP bug.

As long as it’s not a bug that actually prevents the game from running, they don’t consider it critial bug that can’t wait till next patch.

Is that so? Maybe you won’t agree with me, but this way of developing, updating and giving support to the products is not logic at all.

If all the actual games/simulator developers should starts thinking the same way, today we could have unusable, unrealistic and unsatisfying experiences; since daily/monthly bugs will make the specific program still running anyway, so they are not worthing any immediate fix at all?

Instead of consider if the malware/bug is making the sim running or not, they should take note of how much players are actually experiencing the issue. The more players will experience the issue, the more priority they should take into account to deliver a fix asap. This is my actual point of view.