Discussion: January 7th, 2021 Development Update

i am using 0.51 stable version and its fine - sometimes throws NNAV TCAS FAULT on APU shutdown once ENG2&1 are stable but recycling the power seems to fix it…

Yes awesome that it gives the release notes for the previous sim update 2 with the navdata update, nobody has a clue what the F… it is downloading all the time, whether it is an update, hot fix or nav data update. Asobo really should revise their update system, the naming scheme doesn’t make any sense, we have seen updates every 2 weeks but we are now at sim update 2, its so confusing. They are French but this looks like proper British overengineering “why make things simple if we can make them complicated”. The title “Welcome, set your experience” every update is very amusing.

Also it started to download the 25 gb fs-base files again, I have one modified fs-base file so it might be my fault (although last few updates were painless), but in my case it ended up in a loop again downloading the 25 gb and then starting over. It could change starting up MSFS for a short flight into hours of downloading and frustration. We should be able to delay a couple of days or at the very least it should be a solid update system and not being such a massive pain in the behind…

2 Likes

Microsoft and Asobo revised their update names a while ago. While everything used to be named “Update X” where X was an ever increasing integer. They now use the following:

• World Update X
    These should be self explanatory, World Update 1 was Japan, World Update 2 USA, and the future World Update 3 is UK/Britain

• Sim Update X
    Major feature udates within the simulator. The most recent update “Sim Update 2” was the VR update. Jorg and Seb mentioned during the last Q and A what Sim Update 3 would be. I can’t remember exactly but it was either ATC or Airliner improvements

There will also be DLC at some point, but I don’t know how those will be titled yet as the first one hasn’t arrived.

4 Likes

I’ll ask bout the node based particle system early next week when I speak with them next. Thanks for bringing this up!

5 Likes

Hello everyone,

my first and last experience after this little update is that the sim is no longer running. As soon as I want to change the aircraft in the map menu, there are CTD’s. It was never a shame before. Have restarted 5 times now, always the same.

Thank you for following up !

Is there a date for Sim Update 3? Not the UK update but the regular sim update that includes G1000/Autopilot fixes etc?

here it is…

Development Roadmap - Microsoft Flight Simulator

1 Like

Hi
Is anyone experience CTD after update ?
Its strange but it’s only when i fly over North America.
Over Canada is ok, Europe ok , Australia and Africa ok.
I try 3 flights today all of them CTD . My 2 first attempt was from CYUL to KFLL with C680, crash 2 times over Albany VOR.
The other 2 attempt was from KLIT to KDCA with Beech King Air 350i and CTD north Memphys City.
I couldn’t finish any flight in NA.
I didn’t use any mods except payware Weather engine i all the attempt.
Yesterday i flow over Europe, Africa and Australia and was ok.
Any sugestion ?

Thanks.

I’ll be interested in knowing what payware third party stuff you have bought and installed from the marketplace before doing the CTD flights. The payware weather engine might also be another suspect.

okay stop using that weather engine and fly the same routes again to see if CTD happens again.

1 Like

Hi.
No payware and free addons or mods. Only payware weather engine.
I didn’t bought yet any product on the marketplace.

Thanks.
Marco.

Usually means 3rd party aircraft mod, instrument mod, or livery issues.

OK,
This is MSFS bugs.
Not my Payware Weather engine.
Now i have Beech King Air withouth AMP BAT. At some point battery switvh off…
whatever, i did a brake on this game last mounth and im about to do another one.
Bugs , more bugs and more bugs.
See ya guys…

No, I have not installed anything else, I always move everything in the community folder to another folder before an update is loaded in order to avoid errors and then copy them back into the com. Folder if it is certain that the sim works. The only thing about Liveries is the FS Aviator Club design. Strange behavior, everything worked before the update.

I flew both flights you listed without any problems.

Sorry if already asked - is there a complete list of Bugs and Wishes, not just the top ones listed in each Development Update? Cheers.

Those charts come from the #Bugs-and-Issues and #self-service:wishlist categories. You can navigate through those categories to see all of the topics.

1 Like

Thanks. That method is not very user-friendly though. An extension of the lists in the Development Updates would facilitate bug and wishlist reporting, I think. Worth a suggestion to Asobo/MS? Cheers.

Hi

I did the 2 flights again today to and CTD.
KTIL to KDCA - CTD near Philadelphia city ( Pensylvania State)
CYUL to KFLL - CTD near ALB VOR (New York State).

I flow yesterday in Canada over New Scotland and Quebeq area , everything OK. Over British Columbia too , everything OK.
And finnaly KAUS-Austin (Texas) to KJAX-Jacksonville ( Florida) , everything OK.
All the flights done with Beech King Air 350i.
No addons or mods and no payware engine.
It’s really strange.

I’ve been using it since release with no problems. It sounds like the issue is a Marketplace problem, not a scenery problem. I hate to say it, but I wouldn’t recommend buying anything from the Marketplace until they get their act together (which has been promised for later this year). I’m still waiting for my LVFR KMIA update (which was released over a month ago) to hit the Marketplace. If I were waiting for a blocking bug fix (like I am for Chicago Scenery–fortunately bought elsewhere), this would be totally unacceptable.