Discussion: March 25th, 2021 Development Update

Me too…I tried it now and still get these drops and stutters .

1 Like

I’ve been doing a bit of “research” on the stuttering issue…basicly flying around and monitoring what’s going on when the stuttering starts. I’ve noted that when these temporary stutter sessions occur, CPU use roughly doubles, memory, VRAM stays the same and GPU load drops. FWIW

2 Likes

I have never seen a official statement from anyone but there sure seems to be a lot of folks in the same boat.

You may be on to something. I’ve not changed anything on either my computer or the software. Suddenly I am able to once again complete flights of 90 mins or so, with decent frame rates.

I can’t explain…

2 Likes

I hope they consider MROC a big airport because I was having the issue close to it and it’s a single runway intl airport.

Don’t fret, the grass is greener on the other side.

The feedback snapshot has some interesting bits to it.

One in particular ‘ATC incorrect phraseology’ - Matches FAA

This REALLY irks me. :angry:

How many times do we need to point out that the FAA does things differently to THE ENTIRE WORLD especially when it comes to phraseology, units and pretty much everything.

Please stick to ICAO phraseology, and units. The world is MUCH bigger than the USA…

/rant

8 Likes

This is called conditioning. You hear a bell and you start to drool.

3 Likes

Okay I don’t want to sound negative but it looks like they couldn’t nail down the performance issue completely from that tone (I appreciate the honesty however). Therefore, it means that the general performance issues that many of us are having won’t be solved by this patch :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:.
However, I would really think they should delay WU4 until they cold nail down the root cause, adding new features for a broken update, will make things even worse to troubleshoot the root cause of the performance issue.

1 Like

I am not sure it’s possible to assume anything regarding the content of today’s planned patch before any one of us has experienced it first hand. The descriptions in the weekly updates won’t be fully representative of the content. I would recommend waiting and experiencing the patch before voicing an opinion. It is a little too premature to start proposing deferrals etc. I am hopeful it will help lots of people with some of the issues they are experiencing. If that is the case, then today’s patch will have been worth it. Fingers crossed for all.

5 Likes

In the Q&A weeks ago, Jorg said they had already found two issues.

In the update, they say they have addressed two issues.

On the face of it, they therefore haven’t found anything else since the Q&A?

2 Likes

when does the updates arrives normaly? in the early evening CET time?

I understand my opinion is based on what they they wrote and highlighted. If they have fixed the general issues that hammers down the performance, they would have mentioned it. But you are right, let’s wait and see before judging

1 Like

I’m not sure what leads you to draw that conclusion. I agree with your first sentence - but it may be that what they are going to fix will help a lot of people, just not all.

Usually around 4pm-6pm UK time. However, I don’t think we’ve ever seen a patch release (or any other release) on a Friday before, so who knows…

Lol, a patch that optimizes performance is coming out and at least 70% of the replies above are negative…

While the patch is not out yet!

I’m happy Asobo listens to everybody and looking forward to the patch and will draw my conclusions when it’s published…

7 Likes

Well, Asobo should ask themselves why people react like this then… If every patch/update would have been flawless so far, people would not already be cynical pre-patch. But as most patches so far did break something in the sim, people now not automatically praise a patch per se but fear that it will simply break something else. We will see, in my case the stutters are annyoing but they did not render the sim entirely useless, so I hope, really hope that this performance fix does NOTHING else than fixing the performance…

3 Likes

Don’t forget Asobo and MS still managed to bring us this simulator while our world is in such a big crisis.
Many of them devs have to work from home under, sometimes, difficult circumstances, so imagine what they could’ve done if they all could be working from their office again.
And this world wide pandemic causes servers to overload, so this will be better and better when Covid is gone.
For now, I consider MSFS great lockdown leasure, enjoying every aspect of it, and yes, even the quirks…

11 Likes

Hats off to BobbyFuzzy for winning the 3080 there.

2 Likes