Discussion: May 6th, 2021 Development Update

it seems like it deleted everything in packages folder :frowning:

1 Like

I had the same behavior. This was…unfortunate.

1 Like

Same here. Full reinstall is now going on… :thinking:

Whoops. That shouldn’t happen. Can you guys tell exactly what steps you took up till deletion?

Agreed that shouldn’t happen. If you don’t mind sharing steps you took if you got this error, I’ll share this with the team.

i clicked join and then it said pending for a minute and as soon as i was accepted it brought me to the ms store for an update that was 1.62 gb. i went to open the sim and it said there was a mandatory update so i rebooted and opened the sim again now all is lost lol :rofl:

3 Likes

My steps were identical to @MaximumWheat115’s except I uninstalled the game from App settings prior to reboot. When I’ve done this before, the content folder remained intact on my secondary drive.

2 Likes

Confirm not universal - my sim seems to be fine right now.

@MaximumWheat115 did you click on the “show in store” option in the insider hub?

In my Case is the same message. I hope we are in the beta

no it immediately opened the store by itself and stated the update

2 Likes

Well, the insider hub pointed me to the Store and started an update. After the download I started the sim and it said “there is a mandatory update’” and something along the line of “click here to go to store”. So I did and the sim started once again and said there is new content do download and left me no other choice than to click “update”. Then it started a full install, 171,95 GB.

3 Likes

Same. And I want to confirm that I was running 1.15.10.0 both before and after the phantom post-beta enrollment update was installed.

Just looking for things in common here, anyone else with this issue running Windows 10 Insider Dev branch?

2 Likes

i am on stable windows, just left windows dev actually and did a clean install

HI. It installed 1.62GB. When started it said i had a mandatory update. I unistalled everything. Now i am installing FS2020 again. (1.15.10) BTW: I had my FS2020 installation in a custom folder. Not default. I deleted those directories manually after uninstalling.

Well that rules that out then. Thanks for confirming.

Thanks for the info, I will pass this on and then let you know if there is any specific information they need to investigate further.

3 Likes

Running 20H2 which I believe is a “normal” version.

Sim is (or was!) installed at default location.

It went exactly the same way for me. After I signed up for the beta in the hub, there was an update in the store with 1.62GB. I installed that. Now I’m unsure whether I should start the sim :frowning: and if then whether I have the same problem.

2 Likes

I got the same message where it wanted to download the whole sim again, but I just browsed to the actual install location (I have it on a dedicated folder on my C drive) the sim launched as normal and no download was necessary.

1 Like

Same here, got into the insider Program Preview, and the MUOD (Mandatory Update Of Death) deleted everything (installation was on D: drive root). :sob:

But for me, I’m now stuck in a loop between MFS that indicates “Game Update Available” (A new mandatory update is available…), and the Store that only proposes “Play” :roll_eyes: I hope it get fixed by the Wednesday release, but for now I’m actually grounded :rofl: !

2 Likes