Discussion: November 5th, 2020 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

Please use this thread to discuss the November 5th development update linked above. Other topics discussing this update may be moved here to assist with forum organization.

11 Likes

So. We have nothing in upcoming patch. One hope that old bugs will be fixed and new ones will not be added.

1 Like

Update 6 is looking stacked!

1 Like

No marketplace updates?

1 Like

I know everyone here is going to be disappointed that the bug fixes are delayed, but we need to understand that the devs are quarantined now. Let’s put their safety above some autopilot bugs please!

Not true, we have the CPU thread stuff which is important. I’m sure they will include other bug fixes not on the top community list too, just not much of the top community stuff

11 Likes

I agree. But I am skeptical about the claims.

2 Likes

6 months after release to fix major avionics issues needed for IFR flight, when VATSIM was supposed to be a “Partner”.

5 Likes

Sarcasm? Because I didnt see much

1 Like

Wonder if someday we’ll see some fixes for the Longitude

7 Likes

indeed it was

1 Like

Lol figured

1 Like

Lightning will finally be fixed…
Crossing fingers that it’s actually fixed, just a week after the Q&A where they said they didn’t notice anthing wrong with it :sweat_smile:

Note that the release notes might contain a lot of stuff not mentioned here since they are working on much more than just the top voted issues from the forums.
No reason to assume the update wouldn’t contain any further fixes/improvements since these are NOT release notes.

5 Likes

I have not seen anything about this supposed CPU utilisation, where can we read this?

1 Like

Did they mention something on the night lightning?

So last week the devs said in the Q&A that they have not seen the lightning in clear skies bug but now all of a sudden it’s fixed in Patch 6? Strange.

I was hoping to get additional details on the update next week.

3 Likes

For the love of f*** please tell me the old controller sensitivity “s” curve is replacing this nonsense you switched to, for whatever reason. And please fix the rudder issue already sheesh! Shameful tbh we gamepad users are getting effed in the a. Can’t enjoy the precious scenery in this “flight sim” if I can’t even fly in the first place! Lol i mean really? $100+ for what? Please make it happen in the next patch, msfs is unusable until then!

8 Likes

I’d just be happy to have third party planes working again. Glad to see they’re working on the incessant lightning.

I would love to fly my Mooney, but I can’t because of two glaring gamepad issues and devs focused on dumb shyt like lighting. Msfs world is worlds (pun intended) above all else on the market so enjoy it for what it is so the devs can focus on the “sim” side of things, ya know, as in microsoft flight simulator. World updates should be the last thing on their mind right now. Got to be able to fly to see it, and I can’t after this double oof.

2 Likes

Actually, what Sebastian said was although he hadn’t seen it personally, he has heard a lot about it, so he knows it is there and that they are investigating it.

5 Likes