Discussion: October 15th, 2020 Development Update

I have just had a look, and I may have missed it. What is Tivet a duplicate of?

That just means the next blog post update.

Out of curiosity, what does this mean?

Some big launches ahead! Can’t wait to try the Long EZ!

1 Like

Tivet was displayed twice as new content, along with 3 other items , it appears to have been fixed now, it’s that or my browser failed to load the page correctly, in which case apologies

1 Like

Okay, thanks for clarifying, I never saw a duplicate so I got really confused. Regardless if there was an issue I would look to address it :slight_smile:

I have found it again, it’s on the blog on the home page please see attached screen shot

2 Likes

I used to have issues when landing at speeds of 165+ with heavy load. It would float and not land.

I began reducing the speed to 155 maximum and at 15 nm I reduce speed to 200-210 with flaps 1, 10nm out I reduce speed to 180 with flaps 5, 7nm speed 170 flaps 10, 5nm speed 160 gear down flaps 15, 3nm flaps 25 speed 155 then finally flaps 30 at 155, the plane descends continously and once I’m 50 ft over the runway threshold I reduce the engines to idle and push the yoke forward slightly but ensuring to flare, sometimes I land slightly hard but most of the time its smooth and once the main gears touchdown I reverse the engines until I reach speeds of 60 knots throttle them to idle

Oh, that one is different, and sadly I can’t fix that one.

I will ping a CM about it, but I suspect it won’t get fixed until tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

I don’t get why the post FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT progress when they change stuff, they said in august Ai traffic is in progress, and in the new FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT said they didn’t start, I don’t get what the point fo release useless updates

here you can see in the august update
Untitled3

and today FEEDBACK SNAPSHOT

3 Likes

Long EZ is an aircraft by Rutan released today to SimMarket. It’s also apparently coming to the Marketplace. I already own it and it’s pretty cool. If you want it now, it’s only about $18 on SimMarket.

Well the Press Any Key issue affects everyone and is a very simple fix. Tweaking aircraft and avionics behavior isn’t so easy. So that’s why they prioritized removing that needless loading delay.

2 Likes

I thank the Asobo team for considering the wishes of the community and thank them and the forum moderator team for their efforts and continued good communication.

4 Likes

Hi @Nyx1819,

Can you kindly check with the dev team regarding the KSFO issue? Here’s a link to the discussion on this topic: KSFO missing from navdata in 1.9.5?

Looks like folks who have the Premium Deluxe edition are affected. It’s a bit disappointing since this was working before and not sure how it is no longer possible to fly to KSFO on IFR.

THANKS.

Agreed. It’s a Flight Sim. When the “Flight” part is working we can worry about 1 second annoyances…

5 Likes

This is assuming the AP arrival & approach work correctly, many times (specially when inputing the approach in flight via the MCDU as directed by ATC, a more realistic scenario) the plane will not follow correctly, or would want to “return” to a previous waypoint, so then flying using HDG is in order, in such scenario, pitch authority is required to control the aircraft.

1 Like

Do you create a flight plan and input it in the fmc yourself or do you create it from the map menu where it automatically inputs in the FMC?

I create flight plan from simbrief, load it in the map menu and once I start the flight its already in the FMC so the runways are already selected at both airports.

In the US I use flightaware where I manually input the flight plan and then follow atc instructions

Can you please elaborate on what you are experiencing?

Interesting that they are working on Arbus swaying left and rght. On my sim this is already fixed with 1.9.5. Going to break again? :wink:

2 Likes

haha, its working now after restarting my computer :slight_smile:

I see the lists are getting shorter. Is the plan now to stop fixing bugs and bringing in new features once these lists have been exhausted?

1 Like