Discussion: October 22nd, 2020 Development Update

Make sure to post your Halloween liveries on the Discord! The winner gets his/her livery featured during the stream (aka I’ll be flying with it) :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I have been flying online with a friend and we both get different weather at the same locations most of the time. We make sure all out settings are the same and we even group up. We are both on the same regional server as well.

1 Like

I hope that once the beta test team is in place, Asobo can pick up the pace of fixes and new features in future patches. The beta testing team should be able to root out the major bugs, which will allow Asobo to get more aggressive in deploying fixes and adding new features.

2 Likes

The list of questions in the Q&A for next week is growing, some really great Q’s in the list. Will be a very interesting hour! Especially weather.
Weather is what makes every flight different.

5 Likes

a bit concerned about the “not started” of the Longitude’s problèms. Hope they plan to Start soonish

1 Like

Hopefully the update next week will fix the KSFO (as well as other airports) bug that got introduced in the last patch. This appears to be affect us who purchased the Premium Deluxe edition. :sob: :sob:

2 Likes

Seems like a bunch of users are giving up. This thread would have had hundreds of replies already just a few weeks ago.

I for one will not give up as I believe the game will become a sim one day. However its obvious just by looking at the level of engagement that many have given up, or at least been ran off for voicing their opinions.

Night lighting improvements are welcomed and would be nice, but still missing improvements with avionics and aircraft performance and I believe that is another problem making simmers give up on this platform unfortunately. Microsobo needs to put 90% of their effort into either fixing the aircraft, or just hammer out the SDK so professionals can finish the great work they have done so far.

13 Likes

Yes, I wanted to fly to KSFO, but was unable to program it into the FMC. I’m on the Premium Deluxe edition.

1 Like

Will the liveries be shared?

I sure hope so, because it does feel a bit slow. Happy to see they’re committed, just wish it was a bit faster.

Many have given up. I’ve noticed that too. Seems like a huge decrease in user comments.

2 Likes

So what is planned for updates 6, 7, and 8?

I was hoping we would get more insight into other items that are being worked beyond ‘everything you all voted on is backlog.’

Very curious to learn what items are more important than some of the items in the feedback summary.

2 Likes

That’s one of the key q’s for the Q&A. Feel free to vote up.

1 Like

So they will still be releasing patches every two weeks? I wish there would be a longer time between each patch.

So what computer and settings setup do I need to achieve the quality as shown in these videos? Or are they unachievable without using a development build?

2 Likes

Or it could be the sim is running more smoothly now so its less people to complain about CTDs and such. I think the known issues has be pointed out more than enough. No need to keep beating a dead horse. Now we just sit back and wait on them to be fixed.

8 Likes

Much better Dev update. Fix the issues listen to the community who will keep you in your jobs!

1 Like

I did. Yesterday over Portugal on my way to Vigo. This morning on Vigo and on my way to Madrid. And this afternoon on Madrid and on my way to Gibraltar.

We had a storm over Madrid today. But the rest of the lightings shouldn’t be there. Even the storm over Madrid didn’t lasted for so long as in the sim

Good question! I think they’ll be available in the #halloween-livery-contest channel on Discord.

What update? Where is it at, not we are planning to try and fix something