Discussion: October 22nd, 2020 Development Update

seemingly very lame, and major downgrade issues are not even discussed let alone solved…

2 Likes

Very bold of you to assume that the fixes are minor and easy, or that the skill level of the developers are inferior.

8 Likes

Helpfully the mods have been more aggressive in removing the negativity for negativity’s sake over the last week or so. I think this has made the forums a much calmer and more pleasant place to be. You’re not quite right though, a couple of weeks ago, this thread was full of abuse and hate - not people expressing opinions or even interested in the answers. Thankfully that has improved. I’m finding it much more enjoyable in the forums now and like @Severeeno I’ve been close to just giving up on them. Still loving the sim and now over 100 flying hours.

Shout out to the @moderators for making this a better place to visit

9 Likes

Might be worth a specific “what is planned for updates 6, 7 & 8?” question - the question you linked is a good one, but much longer term

I’ve just received my TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant. I also received an email about that the quadrant is not yet supported by the sim, but will be from the next update. Do you have any news on that?

Also, another, kind of related: with the Honeycomb Alpha plugged in, the increments of the AP is multiplied by 10. Can that be fixed somehow?

Thanks a lot! Great job Asobo & MS! :slight_smile:

1 Like

IMHO they “reserved” a few updates to make important fixes on highlighted bugs, rather than commit to deliver new features and leave bugs unfixed, then frustrate the community even more. That might have been a good strategy.

The problem is, there are issues, they are not getting resolved as fast as many of us would have liked, so the Q is to understand what they want to achieve in the first year. After that, we will probably start seeing 3rd party products and care less about the default A320…

Fair enough, well done to them.

1 Like

I’ve only been to one or two of these locations and although only 2K, I think the quality I get isn’t far off what I’m seeing here. It does look as if they’ve done some post processing on the colours - maybe through nVidia filters or even separately.

Here’s a fly around Toronto I did a while back - although I find recoding the video hits the FPS a bit introduces a few stutters, but the pic quality doesn’t look wildly different (albeit on 2K)

Sorry, but I disagree with pretty much everything you say in your post.

3 Likes

Or perhaps flightsim argument fix?

Search for heading bug/honeycomb yoke in the forums and you’ll find suggestions and solutions. Essentially unbind the magneto switcdh and you’re good.

Fair enough, but I’m going to ask the question so we don’t have to speculate

1 Like

I hope this update will fix up AI Control that had been broken. Have not been fixed since last two updates.

Also great to see, that they have started working on the G1000. Gives me confidence that until Update 9 they have sorted things out and can deliver an IFR capable G1000 :slight_smile:

Indeed, there is a workaround, but better would be fixed by the devs.

1 Like

A question has just gone into the Q&A list for this. You can upvote it here

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/what-are-your-plans-to-resolve-10-degree-heading-bug-jumps-when-controllers-with-sticky-switches-like-honeycomb-alpha-are-connected/306535?u=gordongreig

1 Like

Based on what they said before i am fairly sure Patch 6 and 8 will be critical bug fixes only (patches) so even they won’t know whats going in them yet. Patch 7 is the world update which will be an improved USA.

If they’re actually patching existing bugs that’s fine with me. It’s when Asobo are rolling out more and more content and adding to the bug list while not really appearing to address existing issues that I get frustrated.

2 Likes

just hope for get more FPS

Very little