Discussion: October 30th, 2020 Development Update

This week’s development update has been released:

We had Octobers Developer Q and A Stream on Wednesday.
For those of you who missed it, you can watch it below:

(The stream starts at 7 minutes 5 seconds).

Use the thread below to discuss this weeks development update and Q and A session.

3 Likes

Looks like hot fix is this weekend! That’s a good thing honestly, they’ll be able to test it properly.

Not much in today’s update, but there was just a patch so that’s to be expected!

Sim’s on the right track after Update 5, it’s really coming together!

2 Likes

Sadly, but “Terrain emits light” bug is not done. Why do they marked it as done if terrain is still emits light?
Yes, the night lighthing was greatly improved in last patch, but still it’s not the result we want.

The primary goal of “Terrain emits light” topic is to remove that sepia mask, and secondary goal is to improve night lighting itself. Secondary goal is partially done, but there is still some work to do. But they didn’t do anything with that sepia mask itself, it’s still here.
So please, change it’s status from “done” to “partially fixed” and continue to work on that issue.

3 Likes

They said the sepia mask + glowing issue is due to insufficient satellite data for nighttime. So, they’ll update it when they have new data (probably during a World Update like Japan)

The update looping bug is back. It keeps resetting my progress on an airport file. The trial period for net limiter 4 has expired, so unless MS are going to pay for a license for everyone, they need to fix this issue quick.

For me - it was the first update without looping and a little better download speed than before.

There are rumors that the defective update has been pulled, can anyone confirm it?

I’m downloading the update right now. So, I suspect it was just a rumor.

Are you working hard at installing ATC at airfields that should have ATC?
EGBO, EGBW, EGBE, EGCW, etc.

The ‘backnote’ of this vid is “Sorry. The sim wasn’t really ready for release.”

1 Like

Not this again…

Without full ATC coverage, this is no more than an expensive child’s game of ‘pretend to be an airline pilot’.

1 Like

So after there’s full ATC coverage, how exactly will the sim change from being ‘an expensive child’s game of pretend to be an airline pilot’?

What’s the status of the Zendesk bugs you’ve raised mentioning all these specific airports?

Have you tried adjusting the download speed through network adapter settings, doesn’t work for everyone but I have to use it every time. Let me know if you need more details

1 Like

Thanks, if you could explain how to do this it would be very helpful.

I think what they are trying to say by saying “Done” is that they have finished the making of the fix for the sim but, they have not implemented it in the sim because if you look at the bottom of the photo, you can see some of the fixes have been released and, some haven’t.

Hi there, instructions below, you have to be on an Ethernet connection, hope it works

Control panel
Network & sharing centre
Change adapter settings
Right click on LAN icon and select properties
Click on configure
Advanced tab
Scroll down property list to Speed & duplex
Select 10mbps full duplex and Ok

Might need to restart PC… I did

After download is finished, go back into above and set back to Auto Negotiation and restart PC

Some one said you can use 100 mbps full duplex alos but original instruction is to use 10 mbps. Download isn’t particluarly quick but it solved teh loop for me

Hope this helps

1 Like

Anybody seen the development roadmap? Are we on track for Update #6? Release date? It is now November. What’s up for December?