Discussion: October 8th, 2020 Development Update

Thank you. I don’t use online traffic and I don’t fly in multiplayer. I’ll try to turn off the AI traffic completely for the sake of research, because as you said, no it’s not ideal, but at least I might understand what causes it.

Yes, I use the scroll wheel to fine-tuning the mixture or I just drag it for big adjustments.

I’ve just checked my mixture bindings again and I didn’t find anything other than the default keyboard assignments. I cleared them just to exclude the keyboard completely and I’ll give it another try.

1 Like

Are the clients happy and forgiving with this delay, inviting who complains to stop whining because that’s how things go? Are the people that paid for the power plant just appreciating that the work at least has started and since is a very ambitious project they will keep waiting patiently for the time that will take?

Next update = October 13th

It is a priority and hopefully will fix your crashes.

None of this matters if we can’t do playbacks. Im just gonna stick with my other sims until they figure out what the people want. Can any 3rd party developers help a brother out.

what do you guys think ‘world updates’ on the last line of the update #4 list stands for ?

Probably reported things from Zendesk.

might it include unbearably unbelievable downgraded water textures in clear skies weather preset ?

Look,

imagine that lets say 50% of users don’t have any problems with AP as is (can turn AP, depended options and control AP via it’s features) and rest have problem with simple start/work of AP. What fixes then they need to do? :smiley: Problem is looks like somewhere else, I mean not users don’t understand to AP functionality but I mean that strange problems what they reporting every thread.

1 Like

So they messed up the A320 AP in last patch and we got to wait 3 months to patch 9 to have it attempted to be fixed???

Don’t they realize the A320 is the flagship plane of the standard edition?

X plane 11 it was 737. Although all the other planes are cool, every sim has a bunch of Cessnas.

I bought the game mainly for the A320, and so did others.

Oh yeah, I bought also for the weather, live traffic and beautiful locations…that also don’t work right lol

1 Like

I agree 100%. I am tired of Asobo breaking more things than they fix in each patch. I have canceled my XBox For PC membership and have gone back to FS9. It was very refreshing to complete a full flight yesterday in FS9 without any of the MSFS issues. I use the HJG DC9-30. So I don’t care how pretty the scenery is. I am very happy that I did not buy MSFS. I’ll revisit it in a year to see how many of Asobo’s screw ups were fixed. And see how many new bugs they have introduced in these patches. I stopped believing in Asobo/Microsoft.

5 Likes

Well, to be fair, more people seemed to think fixing the start button more important - nearly 10 times as many (Live weather only got 190 votes), so i don’t think you can accuse them of not doing what they are asked in this instance. The few votes for live weather does suggets that it is diminishing in importance in some people’s eyes as I’m sure it had more votes pre patch 2. Given that few people here can agree how live weather should work, it may well be that Asobo think it is working as intended (which, I fully accept, may not be how you think it should work).

How mnay people use the forums though? Nowhere near 1m, and therein lies the problem. That and, for whatever reason, people seem unable to use the search function to see if their issue already has a thread and so they start a new one and the votes get split etc etc. However, what is also clear, is that the forum feedback is only one input - zendesk is another - so another conundrum - how many people come on here and whine about stuff but then don’t zendesk the issue in a helpful way to Asobo to actually help them find and solve the problems. I’m going to wager a lot…and so people shouldn’t be surprised by what’s going on here

3 Likes

That, and 3 times as many people wanted “press a key” removed. Go figure

And about Live Weather? Clear skyes with thunderstorms? And in menu it shows rainny day and in game its clear skys…

1 Like

I think this relfects that they’ve been going to quick and hence (perhaps unsurprisngly) they are seeking to under promise and over deliver now. Looks to me like patch 6 and 7 are being deliberately left empty to give a chance for some stuff under investigation or not started to come in ahead of patch 9. But i agree, not triaging feels frustrating - it’s like they’ve not even really looked at it.

How about a guide how to operate seriously crippled aircrafts?

2 Likes

Not only see what they fixed. But see what else gets broken in this upcoming patch. I have lost all faith in Asobo.

That one (thunderstorms) is there - no. 29.

I’ve had the “rainy in map, clear in game” issue too - raised my zendesk, shows as solved (which just means’ they’ve got the problem to fix).

Interesting though, this isn’t the kind of live weather issue that most people on the forums talk about - those centre arund complaints that live weather doesn’t match the real weather. For me, the map is correct (it really was raining) but the game didn’t implement the known live weather. A very different issue to try to solve.

I think you are missing what he is saying. Constructive criticism is not negative, by definition.

How did you come up with those numbers ? lol

By that logic, Microsoft has 163,000 working on the updates to WIndows 10 !!!

While there is a certain level of transparency and announcement from Asobo as to what and when they are doing with MSFS, this is obviously going to be limited and restricted.
The fact that they are willing to announce what little they do, is really quite amazing - they are certainly under no obligation to say anything, especially when

" Anything you say can and will be used against you

Also, like many companies, people etc in life, what they choose to make public about themselves, in most cases, bears very little resemblance to what is really the reality.

You probably don’t want to know all the details, and those presenting a Front to you, certainly do not want you digging through all their dirty laundry.

Need to know – Beyond your pay grade - none of your Business. etc etc etc

You have no rights to know, and they have no obligation to tell you.

You did not BUY “Asobo” for $60 or $120

You can Guess, and many seem to be doing this - you can assume, but you know what they say about those that assume !!!

It is what it is, and in the big picture of life, it is so Insignificant (unless you really don’t have a life !!)

That’s the Reality, and at the end of the day, neither you or me are going to make the slightest bit of difference.

“Death, Taxes and MSFS”

1 Like