Discussion: October 8th, 2020 Development Update

I’m sure there will be a mod for that.

6 Likes

Exactly what I was going to ask him

Positive: At least it’s giving me the right expectations to set. It’s one of the things I’ve been hoping for: better communication.

Negative: Update 9! We’re 1 week away from Update 4, so that’s 5 x 2 weeks + 1 week assuming a 2 week cadence. We’re talking Christmas.

8 Likes

No, Asobo, please don’t ignore users just because they’re not always positive. As long as it’s constructive, negative comments bring the product much further than simple praise, even if it feels better initially.

16 Likes

I know some are going to call me a whiner and complainer but… ARE THEY KIDDING??? I was really trying to be positive and optimistic but…Compare the list of bugs they acknowledge and look at what they are promising will be fixed in Patch #4 next week… buildings issues, camera issues, Press any key to Start issue, Call sign issue… do ANY of those things make the actual sim more flyable?? REALLY??? Those are the priorities? Am I missing something? Avionic issues “Not Started” ? Multi Monitor use Work in Progress? Dolphin dance (serious plane handling bug) not Started??
I am floored. This is outrageous.
Yes, communication is better and they promise this and that and I truly appreciate that. But looking at the order of priorities they either still don’t “get it” or don’t have the right people with the right know how. There can’t be any other reason they are still more focused on things a “gamer” would consider a priority.

26 Likes

Let’s help them understand that we need the high priority bugs fixed at the very least. They should not be multi-month regressions.

7 Likes

By the way, MS is satisfied :wink:

As long they are constructive, definitely needed criticism. What I meant here different set of users :wink:

2 Likes

Checking on the details for clarification. Thanks for pointing out.

Guess I’m not as happy as you. Press any key is literally the LAST thing anyone should care about. Fix the AP, the dolphin dance, the LOD being terrible/degraded.

17 Likes

Thank you!! Exactly!!

Well, good that we have a voting system in place that doesn’t depend on one user’s opinion.
It was an easy fix and should have been done earlier, but I’m happy it’s finally done.

5 Likes

10000000000000000000000% agree. It has taken TWO WEEKS for them to fix 3 things, 2 of those 3 things are not even priority. I’m seriously starting to give up.

Also, why show us things that have been highly voted on… and then say “PATCH 9” – what’s going on in patch 5, 6, 7, 8???

Just mind blowing.

7 Likes

Absolutely agree, we need those contrary voices to improve MSFS. Though I try my best to avoid forum clutter, I agree with most of them.

Sugar coating issues helps no one here, so please if you are unhappy with the sim, create as many support tickets as you can and speak your mind out, just be civil about it.

5 Likes

Maybe because these are easier fixes and been complained about for much longer

2 Likes

Yes, update 9 will be the “big update” that everyone thinks will fix stuff… and ps, it’s Christmas time… and will bet $100 it doesn’t fix half of the top 10 most voted bugs.

2 Likes

You realize that the snapshot from the forum is by no means a full changelog? :roll_eyes:
They clearly say they collect feedback from various sources (avsim, reddit,…) also they have Zendesk. All of that is not listed since the snapshot only contains the voted threads from this forum.

3 Likes

…but why peoples NEEDS to know what Asobo are doing ? Who are you?

In my opinion as a developer… they are doing a great work, also with the release of a roadmap whis is not mandatory…

The will release the change logs/bug fix after the release of new patch… not before!

6 Likes

My only hope is that between now and next week a few more things may get fixed??? But the priorities…it is just really disappointing.

1 Like

The democratic principle, in action through the voting system, disagrees.

7 Likes