Discussion: Patch 1.15.10

Hello all,

today with my tests from 2:00z looks like weather is working well again. I did many tests around Slovakia countries and weather was really very accurate, clouds, precipitations, temp, pressure, wind.

1 Like

hi thanks for coming back to me , i’ve recorded a video of it and it does NOT show the wave which i see, i’ve upped all the settings to max and the replay still looks ok ( file size is too big to upload). so now wondering if it is something to do with the monitor rather than the pc / graphics / video card ?

I stated earlier in this topic, that my performance is more or less the worst with this update.
I tried the standard solutions with and without my mods and nothing really seemed to help much.

Now I’m quite happy to say, that a complete fresh reinstall helped to bring performance back to the state right after WU4, or even a bit better - even with all mods. It seems that, at least for some, a clean reinstall could do the trick. It still takes a while but at least bringing back your mods isn’t as painful as it was in FSX or P3D -that took always 2-3 days as I wanted to integrate them back the clean way.

Now the only thing left is testing performance in multiplayer.

Hoe do you het these performance indicators on your screen?

Genuine question for all those people decrying the game performance as a disaster and ‘unplayable’ after each update…

Are you testing the game under the EXACT same circumstances each and every time? With every ‘disastrous’ & ‘game-breaking’ update that goes by, I’m not seeing any, and I mean any, difference. The game runs really well for me on mostly ultra setrings with 4K 80% render scaling. I cap the game at 40fps and it’s pretty much locked to that constantly with about 20% headroom on my 2080 ti. If ever it drops below it’s down to the MainThread bottlenecking (Ryzen 3900x) at intensive 3rd party airports which I’m sure will improve with DX12 support. Even then I’m only losing 3-4fps.

My point being, that unless you’re testing your game under the exact same circumstances every single time, statements like ‘Asobo are incompetent’ and ‘this game is UNPLAYABLE’ cannot, frankly, be taken seriously.

I don’t honestly get this mindset of constantly decrying FS. What this game represents is absolutely mind-blowing. It’s not perfect, but it’s just so massive in scope and complexity that it never will be. All you can ever ask of a game developer is to accept that this is the case, and endeavour to constantly improve and expand their offering. That is exactly what Asobo are doing.

10 Likes

When you don’t see it in a recording I can think of 0) your eyes cheat you at a higher framerate 1) the monitor is involved or 2) the framerate in the distortion would be much higher than the FpS (frames per second) recorded and frames are missed. 1) and 2) you could solve. What FpS are you used to ? The video screen recorder does sampling. This could be some kind of subliminal distortion missed by that sampling. I won’t teach you about GPU driver versions, but did you change your driver recently ? you had this topic

You are very right with that remark… settings should be the same… and define some “benchmark aircraft” e.g. C152 and a “benchmark airport” to start with. Just fly around 2x on the same altitude and watch your FpS. For your benchmark, switch off cache, to see the difference between loading scenery from local or from internet connection. When you fly around without cache, performance should improve slightly on the second round.

Yesterday I did notice I have ca 0.5 sec stuttering (regular) with 1.15.10.0 when flying around my favorite community airport (EHEH). During landing, it is was better. Also when I completed the fly around, I noticed the stutters disappeared. I’m now considering to switch rolling cache on again, to reduce it. Maybe it is my internet connection that explains this… I’m not the only consumer, so…

1 Like

My London has been hit by an earth quake causing a canyon south of Regent Park and Maida Vale all the way eastward along Westway.

2 Likes

Are you related to Salvador Dali by any chance?

After the patch, all my settings changed from ultra back to high, so I’ve had to change them all back to ultra and move the sliders back up. Surprised ASOBO can’t supply an update which maintains settings.

Also had a CTD near Nice, but as I had just installed a lot of photo scenery in that area, I guess it’s more likely to be related to that. Will test again later.

I have had that setting reset issue in the earlier patches, but the last 4 or 5 have not done that.

If you have NVidia experience installed, it’s more likely that that has reset your settings for you. I’ve not had my graphics settings changed by MSFS once.

2 Likes

I’ve never used GE for manipulating game settings, only for Shadowplay recording. The default setting is off, I believe.

1 Like

I do use NVIDIA experience for the frame mate counter, but even that has gone squiffy since the last update.

:slight_smile:

WEATHER DOESN’T WORK AGAIN!!!

Weather is looking pretty good this morning globally. Fronts aligned, etc at 0151Z. Last night is was definitely still off.

For me in Switzerland the weather is still brocken. Looks like the weather in sim is more or less 24h old. Before the patch it was prety accurate…

It is a built-in windows functionality of the Gamebar app. Activate by pressing WIN plus “G”. Alternatively MS2020 also offers even more detailed indicators - I believe you activate via DevMode.

Is it my imagination or was Asobo’s method for sorting out stuttering to remove GA push back tugs and landing marshals? It might just be the airports I’ve been landing at over the last day or so but all of a sudden I haven’t seen any.

@ Dalwhat

I don’t think so,

I have still traffic as I’ve set on cfg menu (check it and try increase for test) on same airports and also new fuel stations what I had never before, also on taxi lines :smiley: