Discussion: Patch 1.7.14.0 Update

Had also the Update with Storeversion in GER

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/how-to-show-fps/140822/3?u=juicebox7535

2 Likes

what bothers me is that sometimes you can ask ATC for altitude changes and sometimes is no choice in the atc windowā€¦but it will comeā€¦

same here, after downloading it from the MS Store, I still have version 1.7.12

As long as people flying seriously, short pauses and stuttering under high FPS will occur. This pause is very short, but it is disgusting.

Yes, but I had this already before ā€¦

Thatā€™s because the main package is not updated by the in game updater. They only fixed some stuff regarding the downloader and installation problems. The changelogs have almost nothing about in game issues (except for the simconnect fps issue)

People complaining saying it should have been fixed quicker itā€™s not always as simple as people think. First they have to reproduce the issue, so they can even find out how to fix it and we donā€™t know the actual cause of the issue and could have been multiple issueā€™s effecting different people.

Unless your an expert and diagnosed the issue and know how to fix it, who are you to say how quickly it should be fixed.

8 Likes

Where is the option for?

I thought something like that. But thatā€™s what I dont like. The whole process is completely intransparent and the ingame release dont tell anything usefeull beside telling me that it is nice that I use MFS.
MS/Asobo should be more transparent regarding this.

1 Like

Heā€™s winding you up. Unfortunately

2 Likes

MS store is not the real update, itā€™s pre update , after installing MS store update, starting MSFS after it will ask you to install the update, this will make it to 1.7.14

Try it! And let us know :sunglasses:

Downloaded and installed, i dont see any difference, i get the same frame rate, same handling issues. what is the improvemement? still without liveries.

1 Like

Youā€™re welcome. Glad I could help.

Okā€¦ Wellā€¦ That just happenedā€¦ I was one of the lucky few that had been flying mostly trouble free since release, no install issues, rarely a CTDā€¦ Now update available in Xbox app, click to install and most of the PC freezes (only cursor still works)ā€¦ After 5 minutes without improvement I do a hard reboot, now Flightsim wonā€™t start anymore because itā€™s offline. Try to start from MS Store: you app and has to needs to reinstallā€¦ Click reinstall, after a few minutes a blue screenā€¦ Now finally the app reinstalled, got the update to 1.7.14.0 but despite all content still being present in my packages folderā€¦ It decided to redownload all 95.15GiB againā€¦ So the fix for installation issues broke my working installation only to then serve me with installation issuesā€¦ Sighā€¦ And I was in the ā€œchill, theyā€™ll fix it, itā€™ll get better-campā€ā€¦ Not amused nowā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve been connecting/disconnecting controllers like mad. So far no crashes, but there is, sometimes, a significant 2-3+ seconds freeze. Better, and much more manageable, but one to be aware of.

1 Like

Perhaps read the patch notes. It was mainly to fix the installation/CTD issues that some unfortunate souls were having and to fix the simconnect FPS issues.

4 Likes

I liedā€¦ I didnā€™t realize I had put AP on while on the ground. Alsoā€¦ donā€™t take off with your autopilot on it doesnā€™t end well.

8 Likes

Donā€™t think this patch helped me with anything. Now have to wait for REAL patch that fix things like runaway trim when in LivePause, missing airports, etc.