Discussion: Patch 1.7.14.0 Update

On steam here and i got a 700KB update and it says i am now on 1.7.14.0 and seriously is it just a 700KB update? I figured they were doing a real update?

figured that out, but yeah. I was referring to the grey`d out update in yhe contant manager. Anyways, the sim feel better now!

So this is insider news or just your feeling after the patch? For me, the stuttering (in the air) is gone (which was caused by Sim Connect, named by MFS). So this is a high improvement for me. Heavy airports like EDDF of LAX are still causing low FPS, and I miss the promised (higher) animation, but I guess they will fix it within the next patch seriesā€¦ hope the installation issues have gone for those who had really trouble with itā€¦

What is still ongoingā€¦: If you drop out the VFR map, it still improves the FPS in the Main monitor! ItĀ“s proven for me, IĀ“m using Track IR and I see and feel a huge difference! And still sometimes some massive FPS drops occur, but not sure whatĀ“s the matter behind itā€¦

Is the premium only upgrade in the marketplace is the final price? why itā€™s more expensive than premium deluxe?

Everytime I fly close to KeflavĆ­k International Airport (BIKF) in Iceland, I get a .NET Framework Unhandled exception error and FS2020 crashes. I was hoping this would be fixed with the new patch but now instead of the error message, FS2020 just closes and thatā€™s it. Also please remove the ā€œPress any key to startā€ during start up. It takes long enough to load and it would be nice to be able to start the sim get a coffee and come back a few minutes later and not have to wait and wait and wait. Thanks.

3 Likes

So Iā€™m ready to update the simulator every day! Simply and easily.

I can confirm this as well. I just loaded up BIKF and as scenery was popping inā€¦ CTD.

1 Like

But i do have a new bug? Set your experiense screen?

I couldnā€™t figure out why the patch wasnā€™t downloading, checked the downloads section in the Steam client to find itā€™d already been downloaded. :rofl:

That was back in June. Randazzo has since replied to a question on the PMDG forums and said 6 - 12 months due to the sate of the SDK.

1 Like

BIKF is on the known issues list. It worked fine before release

Missing airports
Male Pilot with Female Voice
Cannot remove co-pilot
Worst: EventViewer still generates an application error when you close the program (check it out !) which you need to remove if you donā€™t want your drive to have less and less space for nothing.

1 Like

Are you kidding? ORBX updated landmarks London 10 days ago! There is still an old version here! Sucks.

4 Likes

Mods that modify original packages (like the FPS fix or my Small Nameplates mod) do not work without modifying the version though.

For my updated version see:

As for the update, mine went fine. First update download via store (333MB) and then at launch it updated a few small packages as well.
Other than the fix that FPS no longer drop by enabled nameplates I couldnā€™t find anything new.
But that was expected, hopefully all here that still canā€™t start up will have it fixed and the devs can go on and implement functionality fixes/improvementsā€¦

Guess I must be missing something obvious. How/where do I get this patch?

I thought MSFS would automatically download and apply the latest version at launch when checking for updates but nothing. When I get to the screen where youā€™re told to press any key, I see how itā€™s looking for updates but then I end up on the normal startup screen.

I then figured I would launch MS Store to search for updates but same thing, itā€™s says Iā€™m good to go and MSFS remains on 1.7.12.0ā€¦

I just went to OrbX Central and went to the page for that add-on and it verified my files and installed the patch. Easy.

Read the patch notes. Read the known issues list. Raise a ticket on ZenDesk for the press a key thing (although TBH Iā€™m pretty sure there is almost nothing less important right now).

Is there some kind of audit log I can look at the verify that it was downloaded?

We need to get notification when these updates are downloaded, you canā€™t just do this stuff blindly in the background and not tell anyone.

Read the patch notes - oddly enough these arenā€™t mentioned, so surprising theyā€™ve not been fixed. Have you raised tickets with ZenDesk?

Look at the version number