Discussion: Update #4 (1.9.5.0)

Feel free to use this topic to discuss the latest sim update, version 1.9.5.0. Posts concerning this version may be moved here to assist with keeping the forum easy to navigate.

FAQ

What items were updated? Where can I read the release notes?

The link above contains the release notes. Please note this does not include every single item that was updated.

Where can I find out about known issues ?

At the top of the forum there is a link titled “Known Issues” Additionally, there is also the page located at: Microsoft Flight Simulator Known Issues Tracker - Microsoft Flight Simulator

These pages will be updated within a few days to reflect the latest patch.

How do I see my current version number?

Press Alt+Enter to change the program from full screen to windowed mode. The version number is at the top title bar of the window. Additionally, the version number is available in-game by clicking on your gamer tag profile icon from the top right of the main screen. The version name is displayed in the dialogue box under your gamer tag

Do I need to do anything with add-ons in the community folder?

While most of the time it is safe to leave files in the community folder, backing up files is never a bad idea. This can be done easily by moving the content from your community folder to a temporary location on your hard drive before applying the patch, and replacing after testing the new version.

What is the file size of the update?

The main app update is approximately 596 MB and the downloadable content when you run the sim is approx 2.4GB Note the size of the update depends on the version of the game you have purchased. Don’t be alarmed if the update is smaller

Why were certain bugs or issues not included in the patch notes?

The patch notes don’t mention everything that has been updated. If you are still experiencing an issue then file a ticket on Zendesk , using the “Submit a Request” option on the top menu bar. Include as much detail as possible, including the version of the game you are running. Remember the forums are not the official platform for bug tracking .

This patch is part of an ongoing patch release, so if your issue isn’t patched this time it does not mean it won’t ever get fixed! Check out the #self-service:bugs-issues category to see if others are reporting the same issues (where you can also vote if you have the same issue)

The Known Issues page will be updated within a few days to reflect the updated bugs.

How do I see my FPS?

The quickest way to see FPS is to go Options>General>Developers>Developer Mode On (Remember to click apply and save F11)
Then from the new menu tool bar select Options>Display FPS

What should I do if the update doesn’t start automatically?

Best course of action is to log out, restart your computer, and log back in.

What should I do if the update seems to stall or stop downloading?

First thing to try is closing down MSFS and restarting it. The downloading should start again once MSFS is restarted. If there are problems with a particular file downloading repeatedly (on a loop) then exit MSFS and browse to the download location where the file is downloading to using windows explorer. Delete the offending file (if it is listed) or the latest downloaded file in that folder and then restart MSFS. The patch should continue as normal. (Note only delete files do not delete folders!)

After the update, I have noticed some buildings appearing taller than expected. Any workaround?

Some users have reported a possible workaround that involves updating files using the Content Manager. For more discussion regarding this, please see the thread by @EnoughBard39362, located here.

2 Likes

You mentioned in the October 8th Developers Update that this patch was removing the need to Press Any Key to Continue. What happened?

Update: The following message was posted on Discord from someone with the Microsoft Tag, “Also one last note, as you have noticed on the most recent Feedback Snapshot, the ‘Press Any Key to Start’ Wishlist item was slated to go live with Update 4 (1.9.5.0) but it was not released today with the update. After investigation, we found it to be an error from our team. While this is being fixed and slated for an upcoming release, it was never meant to come out in Update 4. We apologize for the typo and will update the Feedback Snapshot in the coming Dev Update accordingly!”

All good. Mistakes happen. As long as Asobo and Microsoft keep the communication channels open and continue working on the sim, I am happy. :slight_smile:

51 Likes

Didn’t have time to remove the double tap
Did not have enough time.

1 Like

This went from 1.9.3 to 1.9.5 (hot fix rather than an update). I wouldn’t be surprised if the “Press Any Key To Continue” screen is removed for the 1.10.X version.

Edit: so maybe another two weeks?

It was also stated as being very easy to do. So marketing happened?

17 Likes

So they decide to be transparent which is good but then fail to deliver what they claimed fixed? Classic…

20 Likes

To be fair, that was hardly a real priority. As long as the crash bugs have been squashed, I’ll be happy.

41 Likes

What is this?

3 Likes

It was there in 1.9.3.0

4 Likes

Guys, epic fail. All you had to do was remove “press any key” and the immediate first impression of the patch would have been one of hope. Instead, every single person who saw the “FIXED” next to this item is now salty and will have lost even more faith.

53 Likes

It looks like they fixed “less” this time around.

Which imo is good, because it means better testing! They clearly understood the last patches weren’t near perfect

23 Likes

That, is a problem :grin:

1 Like

Since we still need to press any key to start, does this mean that this patch is NOT considered update 4?

Is this live on steam yet?

I just had a first CTD, took about 20 minutes to crash. I was flying Tour of Japan. Never opened VFR map, and the update made it so you fly without AI or other players in this mode.

2 Likes

It’s really not a high priority issue. I’m happy if more pressing, actual in-game issues are being worked on - even if it’s an easy fix.

14 Likes

It’s not showing for my Steam version just yet.

Is it so hard to just revert autopilot values to the older working version?

6 Likes

Who cares about that? There are more important issues than some small quality of life improvement no cares about.

8 Likes

skyscrapers in the countryside are still there :rage:

10 Likes