Discussion: Patch Version 1.14.6.0

I streamed it on Twitch and gave the developers the link that I will share here.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/964503850

Thanks but I have a 108ti with i7 8700K gpu.

1 Like

Nope. 3 fps on the apron at EGLC. I guess I still canā€™t check out the new and improved London. :confused:

1 Like

London Photogrammetry hasnā€™t been optimized yet. Itā€™s the worst optimized currently in the sim, so if you were struggling around LAX, then London is a no-go.

They will optimize it in the future though.

3 Likes

Iā€™m sure once the XBOX streamers start tearing them a new one over it, theyā€™ll be quick to fix it. lol

Wait until they give us back pre UK performance :confused:

Iā€™m fairly confident it will be fixed ahead of the XBox release.
Even then, I think the XBox will have a preset (unchangable) set of settings to make sure it runs ok.
I doubt theyā€™ll give the XBox a bunch of sliders for them to max out and then to complain about performance.

Well in my personal torture test of Heathrow to London City with live weather and live traffic I experianced the same pauses that have been plauging me since last update. The FPS went from a near unflyable to 3 fps to a near unflyable 11 fps. But given this was my first flight with a 3080 instead of a 2080s Iā€™m not that impressed by it.

Hopefully its just London that is still screwed as it has been by far the worst place to fly since the UK update.

Yeah true. I really think this topic of PG and the performance in general needs revisit from Asobo. I still feel after pre UK update was the smoothest the sim had ever been and I think some will agree with me on that

Well, thatā€™s not weird really. Photogrammetry hammers the CPU, not the GPU. Youā€™ll be main thread limited there, so it wonā€™t matter if you have a 3080 or a 1080.

Just disable PG and have a good experience then.
I feel there will have to be a bunch of optimizing + new hardware before itā€™ll bring the smooth experience everyone seems to want.
No need to annoy yourself with PG if the combination of your hardware and the optimization isnā€™t up to the job.

Been flying for last five hours. Absolutely love this!

Highlights were WT CJ4 IFR Hannover > London Gatwick on Vatsim and some free flying around Innsbruck. I was getting bit frame drops coming into London pre patch. Nothing this time :+1:

Noticed my CRJ550 FPS was at least 10-15% better than before patch. Seemed much smoother also. Best landing yet too!

Happy flyer tonight :smiley: Great job Asobo and crew

3 Likes

Pre VR update in December was the best performance for me, but its performance hit was fairly minor. The UK update just murdered my performance everywhere. Still havenā€™t been able to check out the new London at all as a result.

Forget about london lol. It even looks like ghost city with that PG :joy:. I have ORBX and it looked waaaay better but now the pefromacne doesnā€™t allow me even to just hi to it lol

Iā€™m actually getting far worse performance now, post 1.14.6.0.

Iā€™ve ensured Iā€™m running 1.14.6.0, and community folder empty. Cache deleted (I dont use it anyway).

I used to get 45-50 fps with the High preset with most GA aircraft, in photogrammetry areas. Now I get 25-30 fps in the same areas. Even in the middle of nowhere Wyoming, I cant get above 30fps.

With the FlybyWire A320NX, I could expect previously around 30 fps. Now Iā€™m getting 12-15.

Something is seriously wrong here. No clue how to fix it. Mainthread is getting hammered.

i7-10750 6-core CPU, 32 GB DDR4 ram, and Nvidia RTX 2060 GPU with 6bg of memory. Two 1TB M.2 NVMe SSDs. Windows 10 is at 20H2 update

1 Like

I got the desktop working better from 10 to its running 20-23 fps. I went into settings / xbox / xbox networkā€¦ let that finish and it whined so I hit fix it tried again it cried again so I hit fix it, checked yet a 3rd time and it was good, still wasnt close to what it used to be. Then I remember I had enabled ipv6 so I disabled it restarted and now its a steady 20-23. for NOW lol

Dear ASOBO,
that was the best update so far. I can land, take off and taxi in Frankfurt with more than 10 FPS. A very honest thank you!
But still, Iā€™m afraid of the next update.

1 Like

Hello, I made I flight from EYVI to ENTO with the FBW A320.

I had an excellent performance, FINALLY!!! in my case the update fixed the problem :star_struck:

Thanks for the update ASOBO, great job :relaxed: :+1:t5:

1 Like

I have to report I am encouraged by this patch. It seems to have addressed some of the main glitches preventing flight in the past couple of weeks.

Nowā€¦ I donā€™t fly the big tubes. But the GA aircraft I like the best (Iā€™ve tried three so far) seem to all work okay. I refrain from talking about scenery 95% of the time, because - for me - it is secondary to actual flight behaviors. I have to give credit where credit is due however: my part of the world looks noticeably better.

2 Likes

Same, canā€™t get in to the UI, keep getting CTDā€¦