Discussion: Patch Version 1.14.6.0

I’ve noticed that too, distant scenery/ mountains used to be pin sharp in my g2 at native res, now it’s pretty awful.
I can see the distinct circle of hi res around me, after that it looks like a sim from ten years ago.
Reinstalling now (again) to see if that helps.

2 Likes

Got 2 short test flights in this morning. No CTDs this time. Will have to do some experimenting.

But happy to be flying at usable frame rates again. There are still extreme lows in some areas I didn’t see before SU3 (not as low, at least), but I can deal with this for now.

Still surprised I’m now able to turn settings to ultra again. Been a long time since I was able too do that.

2 Likes

You must be the 1% of people who have this sort of trouble…

I keep hearing MSFS stresses the PC like no other, anyone saying that didn’t play Cyberpunk on initial release. That stressed a PC like no other (Full Ultra/psycho settings) MSFS will bring heat to my vidcard, but nothing is fully utilized. The patch works great for me, but had 1 ctd lastnight. Def smoother overall, no more high manipulators

1 Like

Before you shelve it, you may want to consider a few changes. First, get rid of the overclocks. It’s not at all unusual for even seemingly stable overclocks to push MSFS beyond it’s limits and into CTD-land. Second, try rebooting before starting a new flight, and don’t run any background apps unless and until you have a grip on the CTD situation. Next, if it’s within your budget, you might consider a memory upgrade to 64GB. One thing I’ve noticed is that MSFS is in fact a memory hog, and if you’re not giving it what it wants, it may be abusing your page file, or that may be the sole cause of the CTDs in the first place. Finally 4K ultra sounds a little beefy even for your system, which is stout. But FS can break stout systems in a heartbeat and 4k ultra (which is basically the highest 2D settings you can get) is more designed for HW that doesn’t even exist yet. Maybe try the high preset and see how that works.

It sounds like you’ve got some very real CTD issues, but it also sounds like they may very well be self-inflicted. Or maybe I’m full of it, but it won’t hurt to try.

Okay can someone please with similar specs:
I9-9900k
Rtx2080
32gb ram
Running on High to Ultra settings on 2K report how much FPS they get after the patch?
With FBW for example in EDDK, if I get 30fps, I would be happy. Before the patch it used to be like 35fps and before UK update was even in 40fps

Well…although the slideshow has vanished from the areas i was seing it,i just had my first CTD after an hour or so flight to the whole Suez canal area.
And i also found stuttering in a small airport i landed there.

Sad…

What resolution, what aircraft?

I can testify to 64GB of SDRAM. My pagefile usage was up to the 30Gb range with 32Gb SDRAM. Made a world of difference. I didn’t get more fps, It smoothed out and allowed me to play with the graphics settings further.

2 Likes

Glad the update has improved so many people’s fps. Not really any change for me here sadly. Confirmed its updated and seeing same frame rates with an RTX 3080. Maybe in some instances a difference of +3fps but that could just be a random thing.

*Edit - did some more testing and yeah it looks like I got an average of 3-6fps more. Can’t complain because the upgrade to a 3080 was enough of a boost to make things much more enjoyable already.

FBW with custom autopilot on 2K resolution

1 Like

You can delete, install new, curse. But I have seen this “build the terrain while you fly” since Aug 2020. It depends how fast you fly, how detailled the terrain is, how fast download is.

Well I never saw that before. And I’m flying a Cessna 152 so I guess I’m not going too fast :grin:
But it might just have been my connection that had issues at that time, I’ll delete the 200Gb cache anyway, create it again and give it another go.

I had the exact same problem. But I suspect that may be on carenado’s end and maybe they need to update their code for compatibility, but that’s just a guess…

Terrain at Ultra, trees and buildings at 150.

I’m getting CTD again when manually caching - this was fixed in Sim Update 3 but seems to be back, for me at least. Not noticing any performance increase on RTX3080 Driver 457.30 in either Regular screen or VR (Oculus Rift S) but performance was ok for me before the patch. Sim and caches all on dedicated 1TB Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB

You really should update to the latest driver using a 3080. That driver is known to be best for 2000 series cards.

OK

AMD R9 3900X (checked and a site suggested your I9 9900K is appx 10% better) :man_shrugging:

NVidia RTX2060 Super (site suggested your RTX 2080 is 15% better) :man_shrugging:

32MB Ram

Mix of High and Ultra settings @ 1920 x 1080
On the runway all ready go go - 40-45 FPS
NVIDIA driver 456.71
External view - 55+ FPS

FPS in the bottom corner via GFX Experience which for me has always been pretty spot on to Dev Mode FPS

1 Like

thanks a lot for testing! I will continue troubleshooting until I find the root cause, it is part of this hobby :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Since the update , it’s been flawless and great FPS rate. Thanks Asobo.