Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

that is from c&d. I switch on avionics and there it comes on. Same with the lights. Nav and strobes work just fine. Maybe do some proper testing cough :wink:

I have to say I absolutely love the new Helsinki PG. Bit heavy on the trees, and few glitches, like Church of Agricola being half open, but all in all it’s such a treat, I have always dreamed of having this in a flight sim :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It depends…for some of the standard MSFS menu items there are keyboard hotkeys as a workaround, but for some aftermarket apps you might have integrated (navigraph as an example, and I happen to use FSKneeboard as another example) they may or may not have the keyboard hotkey functionality. So, this will be an annoyance for a bit until it is remedied.

FINALLY got the Working for the Weekend Achievement. Hopefully this is a sign that spotlight events are back on track. I don’t even care if they’re recycled from previous events — this is the first spotlight Xbox players have had a chance to complete, and I suspect many PC newcomers who have joined in recent months.

Please keep them coming Asobo.

1 Like

VR user here: Happy to report that with my Quest 2 it all works the same without the controllers. No problems with menus etc.

Graphics look improved. Especially haze in the distance, looks much more realistic.

One weird thing: some clouds are extending to the ground. Live weather - cloud base was about 4000 ft, but some clouds went from the ground to 2000 ft.

4 Likes

Thank you, it’s working again

Having a weird problem where TrackIR is disabled when I start a flight and I have to manually click the option in the camera toolbar thing. Odd.

edit: oops, sorry quoted you by accident instead of just making a general reply!

1 Like

Stutterfest with dx12 i9 10900k rtx 3080 32gb ram

Well that’s concerning. No TrackIR means no flying for me :confused:

1 Like

I’m already on 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1 on all devices

the speed seems to vary from file to file…

Anyone else having problems when trying to click in some buttons using the mouse around the cockpit?
When the camera is not completely centered, it seems like you have to click way out of the button position to make it work. I’ve tested in C208 and B350.

Update is completed.

Tested with DX12 and empty Community folder in the PC6 from LEMD.

This sim will be a stutter festival forever? It’s a shame.

I think XP11 and later XP12 will be my main sim.

3 Likes

If you watched the Dev Q&A two days ago, you’d know that there have been zero performance improvements for DX12. It’s a beta just to see how many people can access it.

5 Likes

I have a problem with SU7, when looking around the cockpit using freelook toggle, if i zoom in and want to stay zoomed and use the same button to toggle the freelook off now, the camera Zooms out by it self, please if anyone knows how to turn this off, i’ll be very glad.
I have rested my mouse profile with no prevail

This is a preview build of DX12. The development team has said numerous times that this beta feature will not have any performance improvements over the current DX11 implementation.

11 Likes

This happens to me also when I forget to enable my vRAM disk and the sim turns off the rolling cache because the directory is missing. For some reason the assistance options get reset when this happens.

1 Like

I’ll test with DX11 again and see how the stuttering is

Pshaw. Before most of us are even dead and gone we’ll be tossing around some new form of digital memory cards with a couple of EBs on them without giving it a second thought.

I now have screen tearing at the top of my screen for the first time since last Aug…any ideas?

Running an i9+3080, still DX11, no change to graphics settings (mostly high).

2 Likes

Noticing another big oversight…

I now have to reset all my settings every time I load a flight! Asobo, come on! How is this slipping by you guys?!?

All assistance settings are reset between flights! Anyone else getting this?

1 Like