Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

I’ll correct my post - it didn’t look like all the planes were available to buy individually, but I suspect I didn’t scroll down enough as there are a lot!

So, the download was smooth and quick, installation problem free. I had to sort out a few things (defaulted assistance settings, which actually also placed a weird overlay on my cockpit view) - thanks for all of you pointing out the root cause.

The new planes are fun, especially the Porter, that one is a beast, as expected. Nose wheel XCub also, but was hard to change my muscle memory from tailwheel to nosewheel in the XCub cockpit. The others are not really interesting for me, but I am sure other simmers will find them fun to fly.

I can see a weird AI traffic behavior, all planes seem to fly on tree level. Weird. I need to take a deeper look on this in the coming days. Did anyone else see those A320s skimming the trees?

I can’t seem to get cockpit zoom to work anymore with a secondary button (to untangle mouse wheel use from using the radial buttons). Mouse profile is reset, can’t fix it :confused:

1 Like

It’s always been default settings, but I just gave it a reset and back to normal :+1:t4:

Same. My beloved “Mouse Button 5” + “Mousewheel” for zooming is broken now

Thank you :+1:

2 Likes

Is the toggle spoilers bug fixed? I’ve been looking for that but havent seen it mentioned in any of the updates

Going to test out the toggle reverse right away here - if that’s broken that really sucks

Similar for me, but it was easy enough to set it again after putting the mouse profile back to ‘Default’ to get the world map scrolling back. Just have to make sure to assign it on the right-hand side else it doesn’t usually work, as far as I remember:

I can’t believe it was beyond the wit of man to make a script that could adapt custom profiles with whatever change in function name is now responsible for the map panning function, but hey… maybe it was the lesser of two evils compared to trying to adapt countless users’ custom profiles.

Given how all the assistance settings were automatically reset for all users, why not have it automatically reset the mouse profile too?

1 Like

This is weird. It found my old mouse profile again somehow, which works the old way luckily. Yet the one I recreated with the same inputs did not work. It says exactly the same in the input fields, one works, the other doesn’t. I deleted the new one, glad it found the old profile.

This is new, getting a black outline around the sun
Sun

Weirrrrddd. I have a lesser system (i7 9700K, 3080, DDR4) and have 30FPS on 5120x1440 Super-Ultra (LOD400), with two or three popped out instruments (RSG GNS530/430 or GTN750).
We have to dig some more. Can it be that community content is causing conflict with DX12? Just a wild guess…

Now it is working. When i was recreating the profile from default it was not working. But now after flying with the default profile and loading a new flight it is back.

This is actually an inverted solar eclipse, where the sun blocks the full moon. You can clearly see them ‘pearls’ (sorry, had to do it).

2 Likes

ahhhrggg … i also fly with TrackIR. Why why why is this not working ?? how is that possible??? I don ´t understand this … OMG … this is ■■■■ …

greets CptBayer

3 Likes

All went very smooth. Just enjoyed 2 hour flight in VR and could see improvements.
Good update for me.

2 Likes

I’ve seen those contrast lines before around far away rivers and lightning strikes. Maybe something clips in the HDR to SDR conversion. It was only temporary, luck of the draw with the current atmospheric conditions after it finally loaded, the sun looks normal again now.

I see Asobo tinkered with TAA again. Picture is overall sharper again to the point I now get aliasing around the tail of the plane. No problem, I prefer a sharper picture over blur to hide aliasing. Perhaps I don’t need to super sample anymore to combat the TAA softness.

This is what it looks like currently (render 1440p, downsampled to 1080p)

Bit of pixelation around the edges of clouds while flying by, but better overall than before.

2 Likes

Do you have any issues with “toggle free look” mid click? for me if i’m zoomed in somewhere and want to look around, Mid click activates freelook but also zooms out…

1 Like

pixelation … hmmmm …edges were better before … clouds himself are looking better

Same problem here. TrackIR not working at all…

It’s in the Known Issues list, sort of:

TrackIR may sometimes stop working properly during a flight. Press F12 to reset the position.

But what does it mean by F12? As the default ‘centre’ option in the TrackIR software? Because I don’t use F12, I remapped it.

In MSFS, F12 is not assigned to anything except the livery option which I assume is for the Hangar scene… as evidenced by the “search by input” option in the keyboard mapping. So I’m a little puzzled…

I love the fact the sim is developing and growing, but I hate that so many perfectly serviceable features break with each update for no clear reason.

3 Likes

I had no problems with the download here in Germany. Starting with 280 Mbit/s, the download settled safely at 220 Mbit/s. I do have a 1 GBit line and that speed as a download would be great, but the update was still installed quickly. The Content Manager also had a high download rate. The option for G-Force under Assistance Options made me curious. Finally blackouts and redouts. Great!!! I have now flown an hour and the immersion is raised by it again. The performance is the same as before (All Ultra + 400 Tarrain LOD). No CTDs, but I didn’t have those before either. I am very satisfied. Thank you Asobo!

Hier mehr zu den Black- and Redouts …:

Some thoughts, both good and bad, on the patch:

• The broken ability to click on the toolbar (or any menu items like ATC or Weather/Time) in VR with the mouse or VR controls is a HUGE HUGE issue, and needs to be fixed ASAP. I can use my Xbox controller but at least with how it’s set up now, it’s clunky and annoying.
  • DX11 still seems smoother but there wasn’t a huge difference. I did have a CTD while trying DX12, though no idea if it was related to that. Using DX11 for now since there’s not yet an advantage to using DX 12. No performance change from SU6, which is just fine.
  • The default seating position in the new electric drone/copter thing is almost behind the craft, behind the two seats. Plz fix!
  • I couldn’t initially use my mouse to rotate the world map around. Found out you need to set the Mouse control config back to Default
  • The night lighting on instruments in VR is fixed!
  • The F18 is a lot of fun. The mod community should have a good time making it even more functional.

Overall, it would be a good update, but they need to fix the toolbar menu clicking issue in VR ASAP. It’s horribly irritating.

6 Likes