Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

It comes back after restarting the sim

2 Likes

Thank you yes, that Hud thing made the trick. Thank you so much! now to test in depth :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

I was almost happy with this game until this update. FPS down the drainā€¦ Sliders pulled to the leftā€¦ oh the joy!

1 Like

There are reports this is resetting:

2 Likes

Mine was just over 30 GB too. I have the Steam version.

Well first flight, first CTD at Miramar flying F-18
on Xbox Series X :grimacing:

No afterburner on F-18 ?

My fps is up by 10 in dx12 and 4-5 in dx11ā€¦ Consistently. I had a few minor glitches and restarts but then everything was fineā€¦ only issue I have is the world map click and drag not working. Running on intel and Nvidia

1 Like

Apparently it does but you have to assign a key/controller bind to it first.

1 Like

F/A-18 afterburner worked without a separate binding on my Honeycomb Bravo throttle, configured via spad.next. I added a separate toggle binding and it just turns the afterburner off again after putting the throttle to 100% already turned it on the first time.

Not sure if this is specific to using SimConnect axes instead of local MSFS bindings or what.

I agree the new weather system is terrible from what I have seen today flying from kdtw to krdu in the a320nx. The clouds look generic and the immersion is gone. Before this you could actually look at the real time satellite image and the sim would have literally generated all of the associated clouds both low, mid, and high level along the route of flight. It was very realistic especially as you approached frontal systems. Very visually appealing. Now that appears to be all gone, and the meter transition is not good. Nothing but generic looking clouds. Almost arcade like. Hope they fix this because it gets a :-1: from me. Very disappointed. I really thought this was moving in the right direction.

3 Likes

?? Really? That is just weird.

I also have no way to shut down engine on Xbox with RB + L Dpad, it does nothing

@SaintedGolf136 Yep, I am absolutely gutted. And with the stupid thing they have done with transparent materials so I can see through anything behind themā€¦ In the Baron you can see through the engine cowling to what is behind it, immersion killing, really annoying and once youā€™ve seen it you canā€™t not see it. It wasnā€™t like this a day ago, do they not see these things in testing. Itā€™s outrageous.

Yes! Getting this on my RTX 3070 with all the aircraft I have flown. When I have the menubar open that portion of the screen no longer shimmers / glitches. It is just the top part of the screen that does this when I am banking and it is very annoying. I am also getting some situations where the photogrammetry flashes and the buildings and trees start flashing. When it did this I shut things down as I was worried my video card was overheating or something.

I know itā€™s crazy. My hope is they will fix itā€¦Iā€™m sure many others are also unsatisfied. Iā€™d be surprised if they went from how amazing the weather visuals were yesterday to this as the new standard. That would be a step backwards in my opinion.

Yeah, I think I would have been happy with the weather as it was before if we were given; a) clear information of exactly what source was being used for the weather injection, b) this source actually matched what was injected in the sim so it could be used for flight planning, c) they improved visibility and fog depiction so it wasnā€™t just a random cloud at ground level, and d) they improved the overall look of the clouds, sometimes it can be awesome, a lot of the time it looks like LOW rather than ULTRA, see this pic for example (pre SU7).

Well, I flew in London and if was smooth, so if it was smooth there is it anywhere else
Photogrametry has been slighty improved in London, I hope to see it some day in perfect shape.
The textures of landmarks yet morph in the London and Paris
The horizon line has been improved a lot almost gone
I still see pink fluorescent cabins in some planes

But I am very satisfied with all so far, thanks

Switzerland is beautiful

5 Likes

Not a problem at all :slight_smile:

For the first time as I went to the update start screen my pc restarted itself for some reason. Tried again, installed fine. Please fix track ir asap

First flight EDDHEDDP CRJ1000, sim looks incredible, many thanks Azobo. Never could have imagined that a flightsim could look like this, stunning.

1 Like

What is different from last week? I havenā€™t launched the game for a while so idk if they have any updates to make it look nicer, if so please let me know!