Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

Took a flight from Memphis to Austin and the haze looked like what I saw on FS2020. There is no exaggeration at all. I am very impressed!

What Nvidia Control Panel settings are you using?

Max frame rate: 30fps, Power Management Mode: Prefer Maximum Performance, Texture Filtering - Anisotropic Sample Optimization: ON, Texture Filtering Quality: High Quality, Trilinear Optimization: ON, Threaded Optimization: ON, Triple Buffering: ON, Vertical Sync: Fast.

1 Like

And you think this improves performance at no cost to graphical quality?

This both improves the graphic quality as default Texture Filtering Quality is set to Quality and improved performance.

1 Like

Great will give a shot. I have fiddled with various settings before, but I never know what is placebo and so I promise myself not to fiddle and just see everything to default and be happy with what I have got. All is great, and then I get restless and wand to start trying to make it better again ha. The cycles just continues!

1 Like

There is an underlying assumption that the respondents to the forum surveys are using a PC. Why is this? I am an Xbox user but there seem to be no interest in gathering console users experiences!

Perhaps there should be a PC specific heading appended to all the posts in this forum.

Just to make clear their relevance .

2 Likes

Well done Asobo! With the new SU7 meteorological engine, for the first time since the launch of MSFS2020, snow cover appears on the Iberian Peninsula below the parallel of the Pyrenees.

For example, no snow cover had ever appeared in the mountains tha surrounded Madrid (65Km from Madrid Urban Center), when there is permanent snow every winter, except in very dry winters.

Right now, the look in the simulator

And a real-time webcam:

At first glance the coverage is quite correct. First snow, extensive on the North slope, reduced for the moment on the South slope. I have to do more research, but it’s a good start to something right.

I’m happy. Así sí! :open_hands:

1 Like

Have they made any announcement regarding the utterly broken cloud system? Is that supposed to stay broken now for months?

at the moment , i dont like the hazy weather in VR

About cloud display since SU7. The screenshot below shows the clouds while flying at 3200 feet this morning. Can a real pilot confirm here in the forum that such an imposing cloud formation is real at such a low altitude?

3 Likes

It is not haze, those are clouds on ground level, because the weather system is utterly broken.

I just got two massive hits in cruise like massive turbulences even though there shouldn’t be any. The whole system is wacky and almost unplayable but Asobo hasn’t acknowledged any problems.

1 Like

It’s about the optical flaw, and it shows up in clouds, haze or whatever. Now that it’s near the ground, I find it extremely annoying.

Likely if you are flying near an active, explosive volcano.

6 Likes

If I saw dark cumulonimbus clouds (as shown) at 3200 feet, I’d make a 180 and head back to the airstrip.

I’ve never seen such ominous looking clouds at that altitude.

2 Likes

Those very dark parts really looks unrealistic, as if they shade them TOO dark. Looks like volcanic ash

WOW 
 didn’t expect this results 

Very first “multi-player” race while “lowering” the prop pitch, I shattered my previous best lap time by ~3 secs and race time into the 7:30’s 

still more time to be found as I work on learning better course markers for initiating turns and course navigation 

The only way to improve in any thing, you have to invest the time and “Practice” until its like breathing 
 which also has its place in the cockpit, helps with your rhythm and smoothness, treating the flightstick like you were squeezing an egg. Avoiding the ant-hills and turning into “Humpty Dumpty” 

LOL

2 Likes

Just watched your video, great job!!!

1 Like

Looks like a lot of fun but unfortunately until they get the free-look mouse bug fixed, this is something I wouldn’t be able to play.

2 Likes

Ha, I thought I recognised your aircraft! Saw the plane in real life at the Abbotsford Airshow in 2019. You know, the days before Covid came into the world and we were still going to all kinds of live events
 :grinning: Unfortunately it was a cloudy day so the in-flight photographs I took were against a very bright background but I thought some of them look quite decent

3 Likes