Discussion + Poll: Hotfix 1.18.14.0

Yes same here Windows 11 no update either through store or via updates within Sim

Thanks, Jayne for the update.

Same here, do you use steam and/or deleted/emptied the community folder?

Tried giving it another go starting with resetting all my controls, guess what happenedā€¦

I was only able to get a flight off the ground after 2 complete uninstalls and re-installs over a period of 2 days. Iā€™ve now had two successful flights with the last one being after the hotfix, however my CF is basically empty except for the Bravo LED fix and AAOā€™s content hook.

I am seeing FPS of 90+ with 100% utilization of my GPU (RTX3070) and temps stable on both CPU and GPU.

But, Iā€™d much rather see 30FPS and have the much better graphics that we had prior to SU5. I agree with so many others that this has been degraded to accommodate the lower end PCā€™s and Xbox capabilities. It may be sometime before we see anything like what we had before, if ever, sadly.

After investing more than $3.5K on a new PC, monitor and peripherals I wish Iā€™d known then what we are all learning now. Clear case of Bait and Switch. I do see a class action suit possibly on the horizon.

I have win 11, you must click on the MSFS icon within the Ms store then a window opens up and displays update click on it itā€™ll take you to the Xbox app to update

Is it just me or clouds now look even worse after the hotfix than after the SU5?

1 Like

Well, by popular demand (OK, pretty much no demand) here are two comparison side by side videos:

1. Pre SU5 (1.17.3.0) v post SU5 (1.18.13.0)
  2. Post SU5 (1.18.13.0) v Hotfix (1.18.14.0)

These are all flying the same flight, flown by Charlie the AI Co-pilot (not great, but the best we have). I did my best to create the same video. However a couple of points to note:

• I canā€™t get the flight to load with Orbx London Landmarks post SU5, so that isnā€™t included in the 1.18.13.0 or 1.18.4.0 video, but IS included in the 1.17.3.0 video (that of course I canā€™t change now)
  • The AI Co-pilot doesnā€™t fly exactly the same route and altitudeā€¦who knows whyā€¦but itā€™s close enough for the first few minutes or so

Other than that, here it is (HD version will be along shortly - blame YouTube for the slowness). I make no comments on these - make of them what you will.

1.17.3.0 v 1.18.13.0

1.18.13.0 v 1.18.4.0

HD versions being processed now on youtube

13 Likes

Me too! Normaly I turn on the USB-ports of the hub before I start the sim. This time however I forgot - just to see the sim CTD.

So far looking much better with the new update, pop-in still happening but the textures feed sharper to me.
Iā€™ve set TerrainLOD to 3 in UserCfg.

Hello, I have the microsoft store edition without any 3rd party content. And no modification made to the sim at all.

1 Like

I (seriuosly) canā€™t take any more of this. After a year the game is now unplayableā€¦month after monthā€¦patch after patch. I want to express more of what I feel but I canā€™t think of anything left to say.

Absolutely disgusted.

I know people often say, ā€œiā€™m done with the sim and walking away.ā€ I suspect most folks donā€™t. I, for one, am. If you canā€™t even play, the game is garbage.

9 Likes

I hoped the issue would be solved which blocks the stick input, when right click mouse is used for view change.

Otherwise no problems, beside the colors not as vibrant anymore

Omg, everything is going well but the AI isnā€™t working for ATC now.

Yes ATC azure is currently offline so itā€™s using the generic ATC voice.

2 Likes

So you got even better FPS in the hotfix

2 Likes

I understand you, even though it still holds me on my seat. A bug just triggered full reinstall with everything to be downloaded againā€¦ If that bug will be triggered again, I will walk away too for a few weeks.

Yes, I was a bit surprised. Not much but a bit more. Graphics donā€™t look any different, and not much difference between 17 and 18 anyway

No. I have now tried exiting the NZXT cam software and putting my GPU clocks to default and it seems a bit more stableā€¦ gonna test it now for a bit and if it crashes again, I will try limiting the frame rate. Thanks for the answer

Still not seeing Hotfix 1.18.14.0 coming up on my installed PC version of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020.