Discussion + Poll: Hotfix 1.18.14.0

Well documented. If you havent already I suggest you paste a copy in bugs and issues

1 Like

LOL I posted in the wrong topic
 thanks copying now :man_facepalming: I’ll leave it here anyway, mods feel free to remove

Glad SU5 and this hotfix hit right when I had an entire weekend to myself for some FBW flights

Haven’t done a real point-to-point flight yet, but in my tinkering and testing I’ve noticed the following annoyances:

• Sounds like someone is finishing up vacuuming in the background every time I load into a flight or challenge.
  • Random spots of fuchsia scattered across the landscape (easily seen during Lukla and Bhutan landing challenges).
  • Every airport I’ve spawned at so far has had at least one floating or skeleton building.
  • A few aircraft felt more squirrely than before, especially the FBW and default A320. Had to lower my sidestick sensitivity another 10%.
  • Not a fan of the new cockpit view controls - the view used to automatically return to ahead when moving between angles but now sticks in the direction set by the mouse and requires an additional button push to return. Changing settings to auto-return won’t let me look elsewhere for more than a second. Also the hover labels are way too big.
  • Building on that, I feel like there are a few places in the UI where an extra click was introduced, probably to make it easier for the Xbox (but now adds extra steps for everyone). Example is typing in an airport - have to click the From box, and now click into the search box to search.
  • Despite the performance enhancements, I’ve had a number of freezes, stutters, and one CTD on my machine in places where I didn’t before (5900X/3080/32GB ram, all running at stock). Taxiing seems a little smoother but decreased rendering distance while airborne is very noticeable.

This was an Xbox-focused update and it shows. In fact, it feels like the Xbox team developed their branch in a silo and pushed it out to all users without the PC dev team getting a say in the changes or a chance to test. After playing this sim for 9 months, it’s a bit irritating to have to manually go in and switch a setting buried in the accessibility menu to “Legacy” to make every button not glow blue on hover. That’s not a legacy setting, it’s how a normal flight simulator should work.

Really feels like the people who have put a lot of time and money into this sim got tossed on the backburner with an IOU so some stoned dude can drive a 747 to an In & Out drive-thru on his console. Hopefully they can resolve the major issues sooner rather than later.

And to be clear, I have no animosity towards our fellow Xbox simmers - welcome to the party, and remember: never plan any major flights around update weeks.

12 Likes

Why does Pike’s Peak, West of Colorado Springs, CO have trees on it now? elevation 14115 ft.!! A bit above tree line!

I lost all ATC functionality. Not only is it not working but my whole tower at KHND has disappeared.! Now for the last hour I have been getting a warning notice that Online Services cant be reached. My internet services at home are working fine.

games graphics got tanked, and cruising in unflyable, patched fixed nothing, L.

4 Likes

I have taken a look outside in my backyard, and am not seeing any trees on peak, lol.

In order to meet xbox deadline you have totally ruined the functionality of pc version and this compromise is unacceptable.

Get it fixed or Rollback to SU4.

We are not all console users who want a quick fly around and not care about the detail of flight immersion.

16 Likes

It’s the same as my process. I just changed the game language.

It’s one of the many examples that shows me they lack a specific kind of thinking in their teams. I mean, first thing you do when it comes to such a setting is consider all your current customers who are by default on ‘legacy’ and say: hey, we can’t simply change it.

Then you think up a way to avoid that, e.g. recognize during the install it’s PC or XBox. Put the PC default on Legacy. Problem solved.

Oh well
 I could go on for an hour about this stuff. It’s just not there. It won’t be there. This will happen again.

5 Likes

Balkan bush trip is broken. The VFR map no longer shows the navigation line, and when I tried to carry on just using the landmark descriptions and headings I had a CTD.

1 Like

No changes here, it keeps crashing as it was happening before the hotfix

1 Like

CTD on first restart after patch. AND, my community folder was wmpty (saved elsewhere).

2 Likes

Didn’t have a long time to fly tonight, but the update went smoothly with no issues. I set up a simple VFR flight with live weather tonight out of my nearby “home” major airport (KBNA, Nashville) and headed west in the steam gauge Cessna 170 at dusk. I flew a simple, climbing flight due west under autopilot up to 5,000’ and took a bunch of truly lovely screenshot in the “golden hour” conditions of the just-set summer evening.

Unfortunately, somewhere along the way the aircraft engine went to idle and my joystick throttle stopped responding. Worse, even when I tried to go heads-down into the cockpit and manually moved the throttle, the engine didn’t respond. Not sure if I inadvertently hit a key-combo while messing around with camera controls and taking pretty pictures and killed an aircraft system, or if this was some glitch of the sim, so I can’t really blame it on anything.

Still and all, overall this was a MUCH better experience than anything since SU5 dropped a few days go. So well done on the stability, at least.

The game crash issue is still happening to me on PC and Xbox
 what is the essence of a hotfix that didn’t even fix the things promised in the supposed “changelog”. I hate to say this but release a hotfix for the hotfix, clearly you rushed this one asobo. And next time you release a sim update, have the decency to test it before pushing it out to people who spent money on this game.

1 Like

For more data, even after update I got a crash after ending a flight, same code and offset as you

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000009dd838
Faulting process id: 0x13d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d785a753acc274
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: b020d56b-bfcf-49c8-9d85-63f028ab390d
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.14.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Very disappointed with de SU5 and moreover with the “hot fix”. My sim is worst now with CTD, mouse lag, lower FPS, the A320Neo Leap and CRJ doesn’t work anymore, it a really disaster. I simply don’t understand why ASOBO didn’t test the updates before release them, every update were really bad. Please take this seriously, there are many people who invest a lot of money in a PC, the MSFS2029 license, a several add ons, and of course, much and much time trying to this work because a lot of us use the sim several years, in my case, decades.

7 Likes

Same for me (i7-3770, 32Gb, GTX1070, VR: Odyssey+). Can’t use flight planning and no ATC options. I was able to import a simbrief flightplan, but the flight planning page still only showed direct GPS.

Wish I could download it - won’t show in the store for me. Still able to fly using 1.18.13. Quite the update system, eh??

Like many, I can’t even enjoy the game any more after paying a subscription to Navigraph, one to Onair Company, buying the Justflight pa-28 turbo and my wife gave me the Yoke honeycomb!

This is bordering on scamming and stealing all this!!!

Asobo / Microsoft, you killed me!
Trust will be hard to regain and at this point, I’ve advised against the game to 8 people who trust me.
I don’t say thank you.

10 Likes