Discussion + Poll: Hotfix 1.18.14.0

I’m not even sure what this sim is for anymore. There are some who’ll put up with some dodgy flight characteristics for nice scenery. Some are more interested in good flight fidelity and less so in graphics. Before release, we were of course promised both.

However, there have been basic errors in the sim functionality that are still not fixed a year on, what have they been doing? Why can I still not programme an approach without throwing it completely? Surely it cannot be that hard to fix, or someone genuinely doesn’t now how to fix it which is a very worrying thought. Why is the co-pilot asking for new clearances when I programme an approach ATC have already cleared us for, so they send us off on a climb in the other direction? ATC is clearly just the FSX model with some extra incorrect phraseology added and none of the bugs fixed whatsoever, so any approach over terrain sends you on a rollercoaster. And what happened to being vectored to final? Completely broken. All this together and IFR flight is practically pointless because the immersion is broken every time at approach and you may as well just fly a direct-to the airport. Terrible plane models, it goes on.

And now they’ve messed with the graphics so even people happy to put up with that stuff see the formerly beautiful world being rendered literally on the fly with scenery popping up beneath you. VFR approaches aren’t possible from anywhere outside a few miles because you can’t make out the runways (trust me, in real life you can). If the scenery issues are server related that’s rather a problem isn’t it? If user numbers will increase, is the streaming based scenery fundamentally not workable? Though I guess breaking the game so a lot of people give up on it is one way of dealing with that…

This update clearly won’t be fixed any time soon, and again now we’re going to be on fixing-the-errors-caused-by-the-update rather than dealing with the long-standing bugs that were there before hand. I don’t see why anyone would believe the fundamental bugs in the plane models (which are frankly awful), atc, flight planning, weather, will ever be fixed.The sim part of the game is still very much a beta release, the graphics seemed to be ahead which would be fair enough if they had actually be fixing the sim…

21 Likes

This, 100%

It’s why I have uninstalled and deleted every part of the sim. I will come back to it once there is a general feeling that it is useable again.

4 Likes

Still consistent CTD’s after hotfix. Already posted event viewer logs.

1 Like

Mine was uninstalled last week. I haven’t put it back. It’s not worth the aggravation anymore.

I’m still looking forward to what Asobo says though.

3 Likes

Asobo should be thankful that people are passionate enough about this to try anything to get it to run. So many of us will spends hours/days to be able to play it.

Not anymore. It’s THEIR job to do all this legwork so we can use the app…I’m tired of having to hack everything after every update. Heck, maybe the official updates should now be called, “SU HACK#5

2 Likes

I am completely with you …

A friend of mine said long time ago, the new flight simulator will be a game, not a simulation. He was till now 100% right!!!

I always ask me who is coding? Are this profis or boys and girls from an elementary school. I do not understand, why after updates working things are broken…

Very simple but important things for the simulation are not working till today. Keyword barometric pressure … Transition level and transition altitude is not taken into account. ATC is horrible …

What about SDK?! Why is no aircraft from PMDG in the marketplace… Cause communication might be bad … whatever …

For me I found a solution to get rid of hte cartoonish look. I pumped up my rendering scale to 150. Most improvement is the thing that the stuttering is completely gone (in my system). The loss of qualitiy in graphics is too bad but for me as I said a good middleway. I only wanna have back the cloud shadows, that´s it …

For me this update (after the hot fix) all OK besides the Bush trips that don’t properly work and a few minor thigs to fix but overall a wonderful flight simulator. Please Asobo fix all the Bush trips especially the no display on the map and FD the POI.

Further problems I have experienced (Series X):

• A320 AP does not function correctly. Very slow climb above 20,000FT, unable to change speed and VS knob doesn’t work.
  • Unsure whether VRR is working correctly on TVs with 120Hz capability. Seems to be a lot of stuttering and pausing when both options are enabled through Xbox.
  • Rolling Cache may not be working correctly.
  • Objects do not load in quickly when changing camera, usually more-so in external view. Very noticeable ‘pop-in’ across aircraft, terrain and pilot avatars.
  • Xbox version does not have a LEGACY option for cockpit interaction, even when using mouse and keyboard.
  • Aircraft are usually too fast when landing, despite the correct procedures to land.
  • AI Trim is broken in Flight Assistant and does not work as intended.
  • Flight Assistant ‘recommended’ speeds are wrong for all aircraft.
  • ATC calls out incorrect altitudes even when not, asks you to expedite.
  • Rudder does not work on some float planes.
  • Performance improvements required. Using smart-camera drops the FPS by a large amount.
  • Keyboard commands do not always register, requiring several presses.
  • Toolbar line doesn’t hide.
  • Invite to Group (multiplayer) does not work, always says someone left the Group.

Also for me until now I have no Problems so far. But still Investigating. Only thing I notice is the too white color. I only fly in VR.
I9 10900K RTX 3080 32GIG RAM 1TB NVE No OC at all!!!

I’m struggling to make online MP work on Xbox. I cannot change the settings to Live Players and when I try different servers it always throws me back to EAST USA even though I’m not living in the USA. When I try Live Player it also kicks me back to Group option every time, it still worked 2 days ago on Saturday, what is going on?

I’ve commented about this back in Sept. 2020 (see inside for screenshots too!):

This is supposed to only override the BlackShark AI buildings LOD (the amount of details on the buildings) though?!

PS: it seems the highest building LOD level is 2.

1 Like

My understanding is that for the bush trips, the FD Map is disabled. You need to use VFR flight rules and visual references to accomplish the point to point flightplan using the information in the navlog.

Post Hotfix update: My CTD are reduced but still happen few times a flight. I did notice that WITH SU5 my event viewer logged CTD with error 0xc0000005. After the SU5 Hotifx, the Event Viewer no longer record any errors related to CTD. The game just auto closes and there is no error message and nothing in the event viewer at all.

Are there any plans to issue a hotfix to fix spoilers issue ? All of them are no longer working (any plane) with SU5. Remapping keys does not work. Is there a fix planned?

Man, Youtube is getting more and more videos of all these errors.

1 Like

we can only hope that the influx of new xbox player revenue will lead to more funds available and resources to speed up the process

Since SU5, using the mouse wheel to zoom in cockpit also zooms the VFR map which is on a separate monitor. Very frustrating. However, when I click on the map and zoom there, it does not zoom on the cockpit view.

I also am having the altitude issue where ATC thinks I am 600-700 ft lower than my altimeter shows.

2 Likes

hey after su5 i am allways get this message

my network speed is 600mbs

Hi there I have received this message once, when setting LOD to 5 and flying low in NYC.

My internet is fast. Tried different servers no luck.
The photogrammetry slowly loads in, so can only assume that this is a server issue on there end!

okay thanks but a week passed since the update and still they didn’t fix their servers :hot_face: