Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s what we are saying. The sparkle effect on the brightest wave reflections is missing, which makes the water look more lifeless.

Many, many times, but regressions arenā€™t on their list of fixes. They made it quite clear that the only thing that mattered was what was on the change list.

2 Likes

Same here.

Agreed, the sparkle just isnā€™t there for some reason.

1 Like

I also mentioned this couple of times but then I accepted the reality. And I was happy until updating to SU10, but canā€™t even have 30 FPS with A320 Default on EGLL. Iā€™m reinstalling the entire sim letā€™s see if it makes a difference.

Download went very quickly; I have however lost all use of my mouse inside the cockpit. I can move around, but I am unable to select or adjust anything. Any thought or tips?

Exact same thing happened to me. Canā€™t start the sim now.

Is that definitely required? I donā€™t think I saw any reference to it in the Release Notesā€¦

Yes, this was on DX12.

1 Like

Does anybody else get a CTD when clicking on other players in the world map? It happened three times nowā€¦

Flew a couple of locations - everything looks pristine. Very smooth, buttery smooth at 30fps no hiccups. Justā€¦ Wow!!

GREAT job Asobo. This update may go down in history as one of their best. Load times have noticeably improved tooā€¦ Really noticeably :sweat_smile::+1:

Any F-16 pilots here? Is there now a way to see mach reading in external view?

7 Likes

Yes, I am at 58 / 60 fps all in 4K ULTRA, Terrain Quality 400, Building 200 and DLSS @ Quality.

I am very happy with it!

2 Likes

same throttle issue with airburs version , i tought i am the only one . ā– ā– ā–  . on control settings all works fine . lol

Iā€™d agreeā€¦only had a quick flight and tweaked nothing but everything seemed flat. Will have a better look tomorrow but first glance, didnā€™t feel right.

Itā€™s not required but if you have it you need to update it, and also make sure that you have updated the 1000Nxi through the content manager

Ah, got it! Thanks!

1 Like

Youā€™re almost certainly CPU limited, as am I. In our case, DLSS makes very little difference, if any - and could be worse because it exposes more the CPU limitations. In which case, just use TAA. This is in DX11. DX12 is maybe better, but until we get the optimisation fix back and the nvidia driver, no way of knowing.

I have managed to find what was causing it for me. I had button 33 assigned to Toggle Throttle Reverse Thrust. The way it reads this seems to have changed. If I turn it off all good again.

I had just installed the latest version of windows 11 and was within the 10 day window to revert to windows 10 without losing data. It has been like night and day, evidently there is some performance issue with the latest version of Windows 11. In the Bios I have disabled Amd ftpm again; that has also been a cause of poor performance for many until recently and I really donā€™t know if it is fully fixed in windows 11 with Amd processors. What is certain is that performance has returned in VR,. I use a 5900x along with 32 Gb ram at 3800Mz and a Rtx 3090 along with the Vive Pro 2 configured in ultra quality, almost everything in Ultra except the clouds in High and Lod in 300, DLSS balanced. At least now it runs smooth and I donā€™t feel dizzy anymore. Waiting for the new Nvidia drivers to activate Direct x12 and do new tests; I hope it will be worth it. Without VR everything is perfect, like silk, playing on a 3440x1440 monitor, the difference is abysmal, VR needs tremendous power. Of course if developers continue to debug everything it will not be necessary to move to the new generation of graphics cards in a long time.