Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 10 (1.27.21.0)

Kudos Asobo/MS for making the transition from Beta to SU10 easier!

2 Likes

There is a new driver which fixed the issues regarding MSFS and DX12. It is only a studio driver though. I guess Asobo is waiting for the Game-ready driver to be released.

Every time you add something it could have necessitated another beta build, and even more delays for the release of SU10. At some point they had to stop adding things to the beta builds to get to where we are with todayā€™s release.

1 Like

What rez are you running at ?

I run native 4Kā€¦ Quality DLSS with DX11 is rendering at 1440p and upscaling to 4K and itā€™s as sharp as a tack.

Not in VR mind ā€¦

The studio driver released yesterday contains the DX12 fix for MSFS. I installed it last night and tested DX12 performance in the beta SU10 (which is the same as todayā€™s official release). DX12 was substantially better with the new driver than with the older driver I had been using, though I still prefer DX11.

The next ā€œgame readyā€ driver that NVidia releases will probably not contain any additional tweaks specifically for MSFS beyond what is already in the new studio driver.

1 Like

That is all the weather data available to ANY MSFS aircraft including the default planes that have had radar all along.

So after all of the weather radar hype, itā€™s come out that neither PMDG nor Fenix have access to all of the data required to properly simulate a weather radar. All Asobo is providing them is some 2-dimensional, top-down representation of what the radar reflectivity should look like, which only contains a fraction of the data required to simulate a weather radarā€¦ really, Asobo? You need to make all of the data available so that third parties can give us a real weather radar!

10 Likes

Of course it does not, you are not GPU limitedā€¦
Did people bother to read what DLSS actually does before coming to complain?

Yes. Flying the Skyhawk and even trying to land under those conditions is unrealistic. And ground handling got a lot more difficult with this update.

3 Likes

Cleanest update for me so far. Took a quick spin in the PMDG 737-600 and had no problems in a full VR flight for ~1.5 hours. The menus in VR finally stay where they are supposed to. YAY! And the washed out whiteness seems to be way better. But, I am trying to understand what ā€œToggle Display Playersā€ does. I assumed it would hotkey the nameplates on and off without needing to go to the menu, but doesnā€™t seem to do anything in either VR or non-VR. Am I misunderstanding itā€™s use?

Calm down.

How can the default msfs planes display precip info in the vertical dimension if they only have access to a 2d bitmap?

They donā€™t. Itā€™s all just 2D, hence why you canā€™t tilt any aircraft weather radar in the sim. Makes no sense at all.

Am I misremembering, you can put the g1000 into vertical mode and it displays precip at different altitudes.

1 Like

Agreed! Was very easy update process, at least for me. I got a prompt on launch to update, applied, then launched the sim and request to update inside the sim. Then done. Easy.

So far so good for me. I canā€™t use DLSS with my old card so no comments on performance but it is at least as good as it was (around 25-30fps but I donā€™t actively measure it).

I did note a couple of new issues:

• The open Checklist ā€˜resetsā€™ if the Checklist window is closed. When re-opening, you are back at the list of available checklists, instead of it opening it where you left it. Somewhat annoying. (I recall a past update doing a similar thing with the Navlog window)
  • Recurring notification that updates are available in Content Manager, even after I have downloaded all possible updates. Returns every time I come back to the menu after a flight, or loading the game.
  • VFR map is blank - might be related to an add-on, as I left a few things in my Community folder (like the Mugz UI mod).

Does anyone else feel like the weather got even choppier with the new update? Using real time weather Iā€™m bouncing horrifically all over the place in every plane, and most planes are doing severe tail wagging at lower altitudes

3 Likes

So far is much smoother for me. I tested mostly DX11 with DLSS. DX12 I got CTD as soon as I pop window I donā€™t know its issue there but happy with DX11 so will stay with it.

Bush trips finally saving in logbooks. G1000 works as supposed to. Iā€™m not happy with one change Asobo did to bushtrips. You canā€™t save legs any place. I liked how was working before. I was able after last leg for a day taxi to parking secure aircraft and walk away. Another time I was able to start from same parking spot with aircraft in state I left it. That was quite immersive. Now doesnā€™t matter how you will leave aircraft you are starting fully ready for takeoff on a runway. Unless Iā€™m missing something.

I made such a to-do about this in the beta forums that I got thrown out. Iā€™ve been waiting to see what people thinkā€¦

Why donā€™t you get Bijanā€™s seasons? This is a platform. If every wish by us would be fulfilled, there would not be any need for 3rd parties.