Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 6 (1.20.6.0)

Still no update in the MS store here… :frowning:

The simple solution to mod management is to use a program ,like Addon Linker (flightsim.to).With a few mouse clicks you erase symlinks to the real mods and, when everything is ready, a few mouse clicks to create a symlink in Community folder. Also, you can put the mods where you wish and organize them the way you want (aircraft, country, scenery, whatever).

Try going in to the xbox app, click on libraries, and check for updates there. That’s what triggered the download for me.

2 Likes

That worked. Thank you. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

But this plane does not have a FBW yoke, so I don’t really understand your point. I mean, if you physically turn the yoke left, that should also happen in the Sim. If you turn it by a large amount then AP should disconnect. In real life you would have tactile feedback that is missing in the Sim (unless you have a FFB yoke). Saying that the yoke is modeled as a FBW yoke, is just saying that it is modeled wrongly IMHO.

I’m talking about FBY (Fly By Wire) as a concept, not the group that has created the awesome A320 mod. All that means is that a computer is processing the inputs you as the user make to your joystick, and is doing what it’s been programmed to do with the in-game yoke/stick/whatever, because it’s impossible with a digital simulation like MSFS to have physical controls over your flight control surfaces.

Thanks for the advice but I’m afraid I wouldn’t know how to start browsing the download location and identifying specific files. I have tried closing down and re-starting but this simply does not work. Just after about 80% of the download it jumps back to around 76%. I spent around £100 on MSFS plus a massive sum on a PC and peripherals in the apparntly naive assumption that I would be able to go flying without knowledge of programming.

Why oh why do Microsfoft make these updates compulsory and disable the game when the update fails, particularly as their staff appear to be unable to get the updates to work.

Sorry for the rant but this is the second time in the last few months that I have been unable to launch MSFS due to faulty updates. I could live with delayed updates but not with updates that are launched prematurely and disable the parent program.

Should say PENDING not SOLVED, when reporting a bug to Zendesk.
Common sense.

1 Like

Can confirm that the buttons for “Nose Up” “Nose down” has been mixed. Nose down increases speed.

I’m still getting blurring ground textures and PG that is not loading in all the way, even when close to the PG objects. I know that not a ton of people are having issues getting high bandwidth from the servers but there is a sizeable group of us that keep having issues. Hope this can get attention soon as other than that issue, I would be praising more often than the normal critcism that I have had in the past. Will say that, other than the servers being down last night, patch-wise this has been one of the best so far, as far as not breaking new things and fixing many that they said would be fixed.

My logbook does not log flights anymore. Has some else the same experience ?

If you use rolling cache, try deleting and recreating it and see if that fixes the problem.

Hi simmers,

Just confirming that AI lighting was not fixed? AI aircraft currently look like this at night and then disappear when in flight…

ai light.PNG

1 Like

Already done that. It’s not the problem. I keep having low bandwidth errors. Been having them ever since SU5. Quite a few people have had this issue. It’s not like the majority are having them or even tons of people, but a sizeable group have had issues since SU5 got released.

One aircraft Top Rudder Solo 103 won’t update, stalls out and then can’t exit the game and have to use task manger to end task. Nice!!

PACO572

light is fixed and working good for me!

Looks like q coca cola christmas truck

2 Likes

Huge improvement to the night lighting. I didn’t really have a problem with how it was before but now it looks brilliant.

Thanks to all of the team!

Has anyone else noticed that the strobe light effects when flying through overcast clouds are not visible?
Yes, i know you should turn off the strobes in clouds, but still… I miss that effect :face_with_monocle:

Best leaving it a few days.

Servers are in a poor state. All day I’ve had loss of ai traffic, streaming issues and now no live weather.

As I fly about I can see the sim literally degrading before my very eyes.

They need more servers.

1 Like