Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 9 (1.25.7.0)

I always restart the PC after every update.
I can try the rolling cache you suggest thankyou - but Im not holding my breath what size do you set yours too ? Mine is set to 100GB and I point it to a path on my fast NV Disk storage.

Cheers.

VFR map is frozen again, from CDG to SEA

I respectfully disagree. I think it has been like this for the first couple of weeks after every update.

Usually, things calm down once people get their now faulty add-ons removed or updated and workarounds for various problems are found and shared. In some cases a hotfix has been necessary, so those with issues would serve themselves best by spending more time providing as much info about their use cases as possible and less on venting their dissatisfaction.

It does seem like there are more widespread XBox issues this time, though, but not all XBox users seem to be hit, and it’s impossible to tell how many actually are. If you have a serious problem, this is where you come to report it and try to get help, but if you don’t, you just keep flying.

Whats up with ATC they sound so moody now
(not getting paid enough maybe?).

“Good day!”

ROFL!!!

5 Likes

I have already mentioned that
she is like my wife when I forget to buy something
 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I know tell me about it!
The women ATC is more grumpier sounding than the man though so yeah maybe she is having a bad hair day.

Great update Asobo! LOL

2 Likes

I don’t have massive more studders, but performance degraded definately in this release. Will post my CapeFrameX print screens during the weekend.

2 Likes

I am doing a short 2 hour flight flying over Germany, and i would expect my fps to be around 30 and I can handle that but even short 2 hour flights are affected now with fps degradation more so with this update.

Please for the love of god rollback or update this now. Its ok to admit you made a mistake just rollback.

From sim 1-8, not a single problem all smooth.

Now. Not so lucky with SU9. mouse not working properly in cockpit. Panning is ok, but cannot click anything in the cockpit.

• empty community
  • try the fix resize the ATC window or any windows. does not work
  • mouse to default, also doesn’t solve the issue

Been dealing with this issue for several hours. But no success.
No question this SU is problematic upon seeing the comments on this thread. Hope a hottix will be issued.

1 Like

Hello,

only maybe for some next and exact NXI new version discussion. I set input at enter airport ID with PC keyboard and discovered that during write all keys has set binded functions to aircraft also. Very satisfied with NXI project but maybe some problem can exists also with sim functionality. We need do more tests but really is sometimes hard to do tests than enjoy flying.

After almost 2 years this game is getting broken more with each update. Bad product.

2 Likes

It’s like that since a few months now.

What did the change so drastically in this update to cause issues with xbox suddenly?

They haven’t gone into any detail about running out of ram and SU9 doesn’t feel like anything big with regards to changes to have such a bad impact for xbox users.

You, sir just made my day! Thanks! :smiley:

CTD again after 3 hours of flying from CDG to SEA
it is getting worse and worse, yesterday I was able to run the program at least for 5-6 hours without CTD.
No 3rd party installed, xbox series x, and yesterday I completely reinstalled the game, also set the rolling cache for 32 GiB.

Ha ha, I tried that and everything was worse? How can that be ???
The sim is really messed up.

1 Like

What makes zero sense to their arguments about ram is that with the SU9 beta everything ram perfectly smooth.
Then just before the final beta patch, there was some kind of mystery patch that was released in error and everything fell apart.
Right at that point up till now it’s become a CTD.
Something in the coding is pooched and it can’t be ram suddenly unless whatever they did has caused the game not to release the ram correctly.

There also seems to be a lot more popping in of textures now that was never like this before.

2 Likes

I don’t think it matters if cache is on or not. Mine has been off since release and had been perfectly fine until now.

I’m on Xbox series X and it has generally been okay, just a FPS hit when panning view when flying in heavy clouds. But I had major stuttering at Redhill (EGKR) and Shoreham airfields. I couldn’t even taxi to runway with major stuttering and freezing. Don’t have any addon airports near this location. Only addon I have near Redhill was Seafront sims UK Vessels and Global shipping. Tried same flight after removing Vessels South East and all the stuttering was gone, frame rate was smooth like pre SU9. So basically Vessels addon was causing my stuttering. I can understand the problem at Shoreham but Redhill is like 20 miles away from the coast.
Global Shipping addon seems to be okay at a distance but when flying low near a tanker the stuttering starts again.

Back in the sim this morning and immediately 3 CDTs all a few minutes after take off in Live Weather. Clearly that’s just not possible at present so reverted to free clouds settings. Started again in “safe mode” using the C172 1000 (EGHR to EGSH) and managed to complete the flight but G1000NXI not loaded so a very basic experience. Also I noticed the C172 is very bouncy even in a 2kt wind, surely that can’t be realistic. Until SU9 I had no problems with all flights silky smooth even in the A320NX flying out of and into EGKK freeware airport scenery. From the comments here it would seem many others are having similar issues and SU9 must be the prime suspect. Hopefully MS/Asobo will do something quickly to fix this general loss of performance and system stability.

1 Like