Discussion + Poll: Sim Update 9 (1.25.7.0)

Have you checked the version your running? perhaps it downloaded and installed in background without you knowing, it was only a small update after all.

1 Like

I se it now Iā€™m on 1.25.9.0 still lagging little bit on the world map

Iā€™ll figure it out

2 Likes

I didnā€™t accuse anyone of lying. Granted my wording could have been a lot better, but I really meant that OP was mistaken, which may in fact have been the case.

Iā€™ve no reason to suspect or claim anyone on here is lying over such a thing, why would they?

Check the release notes linked above for what Asobo claim to have fixed. Yes it still stutters and pauses and sometimes crashes, this is not some magical fix everything release. It does fix some crashes and a few other issues. Not a long release notes by any stretch.

Is happen to last hotfix to so yeah

update up and running on xbox . early signs improvement in the flying.

Yeah still having problems with world map lagging

Xbox users:

You need to fully power down the box wait a minute or two then power up. (If you want you can pull out the plug)

A shutdown doesnā€™t work. Power needs to be off.

After this the box will pull down the new update version 1.25.9.0

Did su9 hotfix do away with checking for updates on startup?

Wasnā€™t getting any fps loss but since the patch today main thread starts getting hammered after an hour or so

Never had this issue until today. Finished my flight and loaded back in 50% FPS gainā€¦

2 Likes

Things were looking good for a few days today May 11, 2022 update CTD on approach again.

Now a description of how the update went for me.
When I started the sim, the window appeared with the message that a necessary update is available. So, as always, Iā€™ll empty the community folder before proceeding. To my astonishment, the update request was no longer available. So I restart the sim. A prompt to update no longer appears, the program is started normally. The version shown is still 1.25.7.0. The sim runs normally. So I stop the MSFS and start it again. The same thing happens.
Version 1.25.7.0 is loaded without an update prompt.
I exit the sim again and then restart the PC. Then I start MSFS again. It loads again without an update prompt, but now displays version 1.25.9.0. However, the splash screen with the TBM-930 was not displayed to me. This morning when you start the sim, the TBM screen finally appears when loading. The version 1.25.9.0 is displayed. After the hotfix I have 3-5 frames less than before and noticeably more stuttering, especially when turning.

1 Like

FlightSimulator.exe crashing with EVENT ID 1000 could be caused by anything such as .NET Framework errors, drivers, spyware, viruses, corrupted Windows system files, etc. If it were the MSFSā€™s fault, weā€™d all have the problem.

1 Like

Itā€™s 100% MSFS that is the issue, but there are so many triggers, and its the sim plus whatever else is on your system that can cause it. I donā€™t have any other games, or sims, that do this.

I did some drastic things for about 2 months or so to get stability back. I removed all non-essential addons. So for me that was:

LNM flight tracking (I still used it for flight planning though)
Volanta
530 & 750 GPS addons
Disabled rolling terrain caching

I didnā€™t have a crash in over 2 months because of that. At the time, taking part in a lot of group flights, there were some other issues with the sim where I had a better than 90% chance of the sim crashing on me if I flew anywhere near the flight of other users. I was loitering around about 10nm away from where they were so they could leave the area, and I could land. As soon as I was close enough to see their plane models the sim crashed.

I was also flying the Arrow a lot, and had both the 530 & 750 addon installed at the same time. That led to a lot of crashes, and ensuring only one or the other was installed helped a bit, even if I didnā€™t flip between them during a flight.

After that period I had fired up LNM for the purposes of replicating someone elseā€™s findings, and I forgot that I had left flight tracking on in the background. Part way through my flight the sim crashed, for the first time in over 2 months.

So now I am very frugal with the addons I have. I have SPAD, Navigraph, a handful of 3P planes, the 530/750 addons though still only one at any one time, the we love VFR region 1 addon, and a smattering of other custom airports for places like PNG. My sim is now very stable.

I suspect many of those having the worst experiences are those that claim they have 200GB+ of addons, so based on my own particular findings I am not at all surprised they are having issues.

2 Likes

hobanagerik, I do not use mods at all. That the fs.exe crashes is the result of faulty system files, faulty addons/mods etc. The only addon I have is all the WUĀ“s, nothing more. Maybe thatā€™s the reason why I donā€™t get CTDs. In 2020 I already wrote that it makes no sense to mod MSFS or buy third party addons if Asobo wonā€™t get the simulator final for the next 10 years, because every update will break Flight Simulator. This cycle, MSFS update > addons broken > addons update > MSFS update > addons broken ā€¦ I did not want to do to myself. I was laughed at for that. Now I only read sporadically here in the forum and enjoy my flight. Selfish? Yes! But it is always the same. Many players have terabyte upon terabyte of addons and mods installed and complain with every update that something doesnā€™t work. I donā€™t even try to help them anymore. I just donā€™t care about them because all the help tips have already been written a thousand times here in the forum. Anyway great that you got your problems with the MSFS back under control. Have a good flight and a nice day :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So I guess the answer is no DLC, Turn off everything in sim and fly offline ? I might as well just delete it at this point

2 Likes

Not at all. I fly online, and use DLC.

Drog, I feel for you immensely.

The thing is, that keeps getting glossed over, is that the experiences amongst all us range from 0Ā° to 180Ā° in terms of issues.

Iā€™m flying on my Xbox every day with all WUs, Deluxe/Premium content and all of my add-on content, which is 12 known quality planes, San Francisco & San Jose night sceneries, enhanced airport graphics, Vessels Anguilla, St. Martin & St. Barts, 4Simmers A320 No America liveries & 787 liveries, LVFR No America Regional Environment and the WT G1000NXi.

That is a decent chunk of varying add-ons all installed.

On top of that, I have all online data turned on except multiplayer. 3 days ago I turned on the rolling cache for the first time in months and set it to 32 GB, just to see what it might do/not do, so far no issues. I have all the traffic sliders set to 25 except Leisure Boats, Ships & Ferries and Fauna Density, which are at 100. I only reduced those to 25 to arrest my small regional/municipal airports from being ridiculously overpopulated by unrealistic activity. I didnā€™t do it for performance reasons.

Iā€™ve got my Xbox connected to a 60Hz Asus 28ā€ 4K gaming display. This Xbox I use only for FS2020 and it is connected via WiFi to my router from another room on another story of my house.

Iā€™ve got all that and Iā€™m having a nearly perfect experience with SU9. Thatā€™s just crazy to me given your issues and everyone else here with issues that are so opposite to mine.

This is the most confounding aspect of this entire project. I cannot foresee how Asobo is ever going to come to grips with this thing given these bi-polar experiences were are having. How can they? People are screaming ā€œoff with their headā€ and accusing them of every kind of failing and that they donā€™t know what they are doing, etc., yet my experience would say the complete opposite.

I would, honestly, like to hear them pitch their theories on the next Q&A as to why they think this is the case. How can this be happening? What could possibly be done to address this?

3 Likes