Discussion + Poll: Sim Update IV (1.16.2.0)

it’s in the Local Cache Folder where it also has subfolders for facilities and packages and a few others and if u look at the very bottom it will say usercfg.opt file u open that with notepad

1 Like

Yeah even on super pc’s those area’s seem to be no fly zone lol

Found it, thanks.

1 Like

Asobo I love you guys but seriously how in the world do you expect this game to run smoothly on Xbox ? If our high end machines are struggling, how in the world is the console going to run smooth? Performance is key right now and should be priority number one. There’s gonna be a lot of kids upset when this can barely run 20 FPS ! Almost a year in and it’s the same old same old issues . This game was rushed way to fast . Hope it changes in the future performance wise.

2 Likes

The LOD no matter how I adjust it is far worse for me after SU4. Even coming into KEWR (Newark, NJ) from north landing south had a diminished distance before I could see the runway at noon and clear weather 10 miles out at 2,000 ft altitude.
I fly this airport often and the LOD now degrades this visibility a lot!

I hope we get a quick patch to improve this…

1 Like

Is anybody has issues with their “honeycomb alpha” since this version? I had to setup most of the switches !

No agenda. I see the potential in the simulator and enjoy it when it works well. I’ve you look at my post history, I try to be helpful to others. I want the simulator to work well. As AdherentToast91 said, I want to see improvements.

LOL, I wish. If only he would get involved… We might see more positive changes a lot sooner.

Fast update download and no problems after install.
Made two flights. Flight dynamics A320 oké, no significant improvements or changes.
I noticed a few more live aircraft in the air. No improvement on fps about 29 to 35 pfs in flight and lower fps on airports and above city’s. Not what i hoped for… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

I don’t see dutch airport after the update. EHDL Deelen, EHDP De Peel Airbase, EHEH Eindhoven, EHGR Gilze Rijen, EHDK de Kooy, EHLW Leeuwarden, EHS Soeterberg, EHVK Volkel and EHWO Woensdrecht. They were present for the update ( With MOD’s in the Community folder). The airports are away but the ILS does work.

Interesting.

Just checked my installation for that glitch. My Robin DR400 is listed correctly in the aircraft selection menu.

There might be something cross-wired in your installation…

Maybe the XBOX version is a different code branch right now and the PC users aren’t yet seeing the benefit of those optimizations.

2 Likes

@EverydayAsh8932 be aware of the hit on your system. 2 to 3 in draw distance is a 225% increase in LOD load on your GPU. LOD is only second to display resolution in system hit. In general, you can have either smooth 4K OR extended LOD, unless of course the Arcturians built your system.

4 Likes

Yes, but at LAX during that time of day, ATC wouldn’t tell you to land on a runway that’s used for departures. And since this game doesn’t simulate runways being closed and you have the option to choose which runway to use based on the wind heading, 25R wouldn’t be the runway to be used to land on. I don’t understand why players tend to land there, even during multiplayer where it’s clearly being used for departures.

Frankfurt has that same problem with what I believe is 25C.

I feel for you, man!
If I knew what the silver bullet was, I’d certainly pass it along to you.
Personally, I don’t really think the developers know what’s going on here, either.
There just seem to be too many “try this’s” out there to create much confidence in me, at least.

I would recommend, if you haven’t tried it already, just restarting your MSFS a few times to see if that can shake things loose…

Some live players are not speaking to ATC at all and set flights from runway to runway.

In short I pick a runway that’s pointing where I’m going and a landing strip pointed to where I’ve been.

Even if I do contact ATC it wont over ride my choice even if it’s hopelessly wrong it’s always “fly straight in”.

That’s exactly what it is. The XBOX and PC DX12 are a separate branch from what we currently have released for PC.

3 Likes

You are right. The higher I go with the LOD the more vram I see being used. Going to 200 there is a noticeable hit especially in photogrammetry locations. Dropped mine down to 175 there is less lag.OBJ LOD 200 seems to have a much less impact compared to Terrain.
What also seem to brick my performance is having texture resolution set to ultra.

This seems to be a pretty common issue mentioned in this thread.

Just want to share a little more on how I dealt with it, yesterday and also on previous updates.

I tried all the band-aid solutions proposed on the Zendesk and elsewhere, to no avail. The one thing I NEVER did was delete the so-called offending file. That just didn’t feel right to me.

Instead, I resorted to just restarting MSFS each time it went into its looping madness. This happened around 8-10 times, getting me to approximately 1/3 of the entire download installed.

Then I decided to go to the Performance monitor and increased the priority for MSFS to “high”. From then on it installed the remaining download without any more loops.

Coincidence, fix, fool’s luck? Who knows?

It sure would be nice if they’d fix this issue, though…

I set mine up using the FMC as well as googling information on airport traffic patterns for my destination airport. ATC in the game isn’t always accurate, and sometimes the runway I wanted to land on isn’t available and it wants me to use a different direction. Yesterday I had a route set to land on 24R at LAX, but winds changed it to a westerly approach, making me going around to 6L.