Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

Thanks for the reply and the answer.

1 Like

I would say this update holds the world record for performance increase of any sim since the sub-logic days.

There’s a huge bunch of work done on the memory footprint and better usage of the GPU too, and for me, at 4k and 100% render it still looks great.

Heathrow + A320 was a slideshow for me now it’s stunning.

Lighting is much better in terms of the light to dark of entering clouds. When I did an IFR approach yesterday and I entered the darkening cloud at 60FPS I could feel my pulse rate increase.

Thanks for this, will try VR later .

Ok niggles i’ve found

1. Got rid of those new tooltips (for console users)
  2. Any mouse interaction excludes controller inputs
  3. Weather seems buggy again that old 10kt bug everywhere … then 57kts … then 10 . OAT is glitched in upper FLs causing eng perf issues
  4. Brightness when visibility on ground is lower seems too high (cloud reflection ??)
  5. Weather and ground textures seems to have an issue in US, for example, yesterday in PADU it was 30C but the snow and ice ground textures were visibile. Setting to clear day set them to summer.
  6. Has the flight model changed it seems a bit more linear
  7. On the FBW 320 I get an issue in some flights where the engines will not spool up further to increase speed for cruise or climb past a certain point (200kts) even when all systems are in the correct mode and the Cost index and managed 290kts is set and there’s no restriction in the mcdu for speed on that leg (and i’m not in approach {Appr} mode). It seems to happen when there’s a large wind direction shift.
  8. ILS on the TBM I seem to have problems now when manually using it to shoot an approach getting it to lock on either LOC1 or 2. This worked perfectly before.
  9. My UK2000 EGPF airport now shows when I select it on the TBMs computer as a duplicate. I’m assuming that’s probably a fix needed in the 3rd party airport.
2 Likes

Will it take you from start up…fly you…land you…parks?

Seems like the drone camera has a life on its own.

I noticed that the drone camera rolls automatically.

Are anyone of you guys experiencing similar things?

Wow!! This definitely needs an update!!

Anybody noticed Shock Ultra is broken again? The air speed indicator and some more…

i am not sure… I kind a like it
Looks like a combat fight :grinning:

I had basically the same experience. The only glitch I had was trying to fly in London where it simply would hang up during the load screen. I have the Orbx London scenery pack and I suspected that might be the issue and went to their forums where I was advised to try a few steps. I did and not only did the flight load quickly but the visuals were far better and smoother than before. The melted buildings of the past disappeared. Stutters are extremely rare and only when flying in quickly to some really detailed area and…this is all while thousands of new users are hitting the download and data servers heavily still. I’m very impressed.

One of the things I’ve noticed is that live weather clouds are the ones that look awful. Clouds generated in the default non live weather presets still look pretty

Yes new fix …updated … make a fight and fly… not

2 Likes

I like flying the A320 Neo but since I downloaded 1.18.13.0 nothing has gone right, the blue altitude knob is a nightmare, but I think I may have found a way round but have not tried it yet, I have altered many settings in vain and now crashes 10 minutes into a flight whatever I try, or however I set it it up. This has happened after about four reboots this afternoon. I think they have overstepped the mark with this update. The main problem seems to be trying to please x-box users and PC users all at the same time, it should have been a totally separate issue. What a mess, I hope someone can sort it out, best would be to be able to download just a PC version. Tervin37

After the hotfix this morning I have no CTDs, scenery is much better, VR still pretty slow to load first time but after that almost instantaneous exit and enter for VR. All very stable as to overall operation. Scenery in VR is better than I’ve ever seen it. 4K is outstanding. In VR Flying over SeaTac in 747 35 to 36 fps and very smooth. In VR in VL3 over London flying by Buckingham Palace low over the river the same. I mostly enjoy VFR sightseeing flights so strive for the best graphics I can get with no stutter if no radical attitude changes during flight.

Running almost all settings in Ultra in PC and VR with both LODs at 200 and Render at 90 in PC and VR.

Live data and PG on. Live weather off at this time. 25Mbit I’net connection.

Z390 MB, I7 9700K, RTX 2080 Ti, 32G Octane ram, M2 SSD, HP G2, no OC. Driver 457.30 now, will try going back to 471.11 later.

CPU at about 45% all threads very even. GPU is water cooled and runs 99 to 100% at 74 to 75C

I expect Asobo will continue to optimize the sim, I’m very pleased right now with it.

What about the missing bindings off several buttons/knobs on the TCA Quadrant.

• “Autobrakes” knob not working.
  • “Crank/Norm/Start” knob not working.

I created a topic “Still nothing from Asobo?” My post in it was wondering where they are.

My Topic was deleted.

I’m updating it on my Xbox Series X as we speak. The hotfix is only 1.19 GB? I was expecting it to be larger. How big is the PC version? I have to update it on that later.

@monkeytennis245 This surprises you? If you were being rude or badmouthing them, I think it would be deleted especially after the mods posted that thing about being disrespectful towards others.

All i wanted was a statement I mentioned no names no swears. I don’t know. I guess that’s too much.
Can’t fly, can’t post. :rage:

oh well

They want to keep discussions about the sim kept in as few as threads possible, and this was the one to do that. With the hotfix, that will change to its respective thread.

Creating your own thread won’t help anything, other than create work for the mods. I’m sure they are busy enough at the moment as it is.

1 Like

Yep, I certainly found that out. So if it’s determined my post won’t help anyone it gets removed? Am I allowed to say “This works geat?” I’m not sure how that helps anyone. I truly don’t get it.

They just released a hotfix so they’re definitely aware of the issues and are working to fix them.