Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

Hi,

coult anyone help me please. After update i can´t click on any instrument controls withe left mouse button. I get only tips, but all the buttons don´t work with the mouse…

Thanks…

Then if that’s the case, why is the Xbox not broken? AMD architecture…

In practise it should be easier for the XBox as it has a fixed hardware platform. There are so many combinations of systems on PC that it would be impossible to check them all. Just trawl through the big CTD thread, and you’ll see what I mean.

go into general options/ assist menu and there is a switch you will see modern change that to legacy and it will be like it was …Dont change Flight model change it there

1 Like

I really do feel they should not have imposed some of these changes on PC users, good that it’s been done on a console but for me there are so many game breakers that I can no longer use the software. I’ve been lucky with most updates until now, this one has really made a total mess in stability & the controls are totally random. VR has taken a step back, there is some weird mouse movement once in VR mode that makes activating a switch/control almost impossible. I don’t want xbox controls forced upon me, they were working just fine before.

It doesn’t look any better either, but at least I’m getting better frames looking around when on the tarmac. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

Yes, the A32NX FlyByWare, version 0.6.1, but they will have to update it because there are errors

You can turn them off, just do what I wrote down in the post above, then your controls should be just the way they were before, they forced the xbox stuff on everybody unfortunatly, but once you make the above change it works good.

Things good about it things bad we’ll see how it holds up.

Same here.

Download speed is 3 - 4 Mbit/s (on a 250Mbit line), and the update process is interrupted constantly bY freezes and/or CTD. So far, I managed to download a bit over 1 GB of the update. No idea if I will ever manage to complete this update and if (or when) I‘ll be flying again.

Very frustrating…

1 Like

My only problem is around the size of the download and why on earth it told me I didn’t have enough space … does anyone have any idea why it might have said that? The screen said “You do not have enough space on this drive to install” — it showed this as the reasoning behind it’s decision.

Once it determined there was not enough free space, if I browsed to another dir, would that mean I would end up with half the sim/game on one drive and half on the other? Or did it mean it was going to install the installer package onto another drive and then install the game from there? I had 22GB free on the MSFS 2020 SSD at the time.

So I removed everything from my community folder (again!) and had to delete it to free up drive space, that was obvious. Or was it? I removed 56 GB from the community folder — 90% are liveries from the mega pack ppl for the 320 and their 330 &321, and the 747 & 787. When the FBW went independent, I had to convert some of those as well, so there are around 30 duplicates for _a32nx copies.

Liveries are around 45.3 GB
There were also around 15 add on aircraft I had in there, a total of 11 GB

The issue here is that now I can see what the sizes are, it is VERY VERY confusing. After I copy them all back in, :
MSFS 2020 sim/game directory = 151GB
Liveries and aircraft 46 + 11 = 57
Total = 208GB
Free space = 20GB

So I must have had enough space initially !!! The pic shows it said “additional space=23GB/available space=66.4” and that it was a 40 GB update. Now, the thing is that when we first installed it, I am pretty sure it asked where we wanted to keep the installer packages, and they were supposed to go on my HDD to be installed from there, so what has changed?

Similarly, it’s all very well keep removing or deleting the community folder, but when we are repeatedly putting 40GB of liveries and aircraft onto the SSD, it is using it’s life up VERY quickly. So, we need to know, just HOW big is it going to get? All my SSDs are 240GB, and I cannot afford to buy a new one just yet. I had to buy one to put the sim/game onto — and with WU6 and 7, it’s going to get even bigger !!

I’m hoping it’s just that it messed up somewhere, and keeps trying to copy the installer packages onto my D drive, which is the MSFS 2020 SSD. That should be an easy fix, just tell it to do it to the C: SSD, or my HDD depending on the size of the package, next time this happens !!!

Yea but they’ve still broken the readout from hovering over switches? Also trying to move the mouse in VR is a painful task, takes several swipes to get it in position if you’re lucky. Clearly little consideration given to the PC gamers who embraced the software for nearly a year.

1 Like

Thank you very much!!!

Thank you very much!!

Good question. It should briefly take up around twice the amount of space for each package. For example, I am currently downloading the France Benelux POI update:

Once those archives are finished downloading, they will be extracted into the original folder, overwriting its contents, and the archives are deleted one by one as they are extracted.

1 Like

You have to change this as you see it in the image, change to inherited, or I do not know how you will have it in English, the option that is not blocking

2 Likes

Every time I pan around or change views, the scenery has gone blurry - even on 150 render scaling - and it takes 1-2 seconds to refocus. This is a visual downgrade. Not impressed.

3 Likes

I am finding at times the sim just freezes especially with fx effects on wet weather. Looks like it could do with some stability. Maybe will improve with DX12 or it needs patching up.

That is not true, nor is it universal it’s a problem you are experiencing. These posts with people declaring an issue to be universal are become tiring. Most posts amount to " my game won’t load can you help?"

2 Likes

It’s like MSFT can’t get away from Ctrl-Alt-Del; something wrong? Just push Ctrl-Alt-Del, they are the magic buttons that fix all things wrong!

What a bad performance from Microsoft.
Since 5:00 p.m. yesterday evening, download rates of less than 3 Mbit/s with a 100 Mbit/s Internet connection.
Microsoft should be ashamed of delivering such an achievement these days.

And then the update doesn’t even work properly.

1 Like

Loading times are FAR faster for me than they were before.

3 Likes