Discussion + Poll: Sim Update V (1.18.13.0)

I was told by Orbx that their product is fine, that it might be another add-on
I removed all I have for the UK but the problem is yet there and I am not willing to go through the test of every product for the 5th time again. This conflicting issue must be fixed.
Thank you for letting me know you saw the same

Cheers
Carlos

Hi

Before SU5 I was always limited by GPU as itā€™s quite normal that my RTX 3070 is not enough for 4K@100. (What Dev Mode FPS counter showed all the time)

After the update with the exact same settings and config Dev Mode FPS counter shows ā€œLimited by Mainthread PCā€ but Iā€™m sure Iā€™m still limited GPU (100%) usage as I check values from RTSS.

It looks a bit weird to me. Anyone experience the same ?

By the way I didnā€™t get any noticable gain with SU5. Is that normal ? I see lots of people are sharing their hugely improved FPSā€™s ! What am I missing ?

I tried changing lots of variables to see if I set anything wrong but no success. In game settings - BIOS settings - Nvida driver changes - Capping FPS in game or by Nvida or not capping etc.

System:
RTX 3070 - AMD 5600X - 32 GB RAM
Default BIOS (RAM @ 3200MHZ) - Default Nvidia Settings

Latest drivers - Clean Commnity Folder
Updated Win 10 to latest build as always

Itā€™s always done that for me, I hate it.

1 Like

Hi Acuario!

Thatā€™s OK, it was a process of elimination. MSFS is finally working at 30fps and flying low over urban areas in an A320 is a dream! Smooooooooth flying, even on turns, with barely noticeable frame freezes. HOW did I do it?

Content Manager - UNINSTALL all non ASABO and MS 3rd party add-ons, ESPECIALLY ORBX - unfortunately.

Someone mentioned about ORBX for London - I had it too. Since flying again, I noticed my ORBX add-on for Cape Town - which isnā€™t in Content Manager - is inactive now.

CONCLUSION:

• ORBX (and I heard maybe Aerosoft) add-ons seem to cause the MSFS failure to launch any flights (MSFS planes or any other)

I hope this proves useful! - Please pass on the word! Thank you for trying to help. - Its a process of elimination of possibilities. I just got lucky! (I told my friend in Tokyo who had the same problem as me - and heā€™s back on MSFS now as well, although he says things are a bit unstable. - Just a matter of settings, right?)

It would be good to join you in MSFS to fly formation sometime?

Cheers!
Nigel

2 Likes

I totally agree.

Canā€™t even load scenery where it loaded the night before the update and nobody from Asobo are saying anything. The worst thing is their silence.

Yes, Asobo has broken something in the scenery pipeline. My product worked the night before the update and loaded fine, now it gets stuck loading to infinity and gpu sits at %100.

This issue happened with update 2 or 3 whereby scenery got stuck loading and it was a mem leak, I believe they have reintroduced old issues.

I wasted 4-5 days waiting for flights to load. Iā€™d cleared out my Community folder - but omitted to uninstall 3rd party add-ons in Content Manager on MSFS. (Patches for hot fixes pending imminently - Iā€™m sure!)

Someone mentioned ORBX London scenery which I also had. Iā€™m back in MSFS at 30fps and flying and manoeuvring on final into EGLL in my A320neo is almost seamless!

Incidentally, I also noted my ORBX scenery add-on for Cape Town wasnā€™t coming through. (That wasnā€™t in Community folder or Content Manager.)

and the devs were saying that optimization was coming to the sim with SU 5, when in fact itā€™s just a downgrade.

there were many other things to come to the sim with SU 5, ie DX12, which only came to the Xbox platform.

iā€™m wondering how longer it would take us to see this pile of issues fixed and solvedā€¦ most likely months.

Iā€™m not content though, mostly of us here including me, saw that coming with Xbox launch.

Do you guys even read the information on this from Asobo?

It doesnā€™t normally take this long.

My flights usually load up in about a minute :slightly_smiling_face:

Bad English! :grin: Over the course of 4-5 days I was repeatedly waiting unsuccessfully for flights to launch, each sim session taking 5-15 minutes for NOTHING to happen. Multiple times! :rofl:

2 Likes

Ok
I run the tool in the addon liker and indeed some products in the Orbx site, including Gaya seems to have the material stuff that conflicts.
I have finished installing every payware I have and just one doesnā€™t allow the sim to star so it is gone.
All the rest work, fortunately, after the running of the tool and the update.
But I have not tested this area of Liverpool. If the issue is that just that texture Iā€™ll leave it like that as I wonā€™t be flying to often in the area, so it wonā€™t worth the exhausting procedure of checking every single addon
As per free addons just have some liveries, and scenery for my country and a couple of other countries more. I panic to add more.

ā€œIt would be good to join you in MSFS to fly formation sometime?ā€
Sure thing Nigel, anytime
In which part of the world are you. Iā€™m based in Costa Rica.

Thank you!

Carlos

I did a compleet reinstall cause after SU5 the sim refused to start up. After several atempts too repair it i deleted the sim compleet every file i could find. After the reinstall only scenery i got outside the marketplace gave me some problems after removing them no problems with the sim at all.

1 Like

About the performance did you get that increase after reinstall ? I didnā€™t get this well advertised perf increase so Iā€™am considering a complete win 10 and MSFS reinstall as well.

Yes the performance in my case whas about 10 to 20 percent from the high 20ā€™s to the mid 30ā€™s. I even thinking of doing a complete reinstall every Simupdate itā€™s more work. But safer.

1 Like

Hi Carlos,

London, U.K. ET + 5hrs. Iā€™m up and running on MSFS again. Let me know - Iā€™ll invite you, agree a date/time - or just look out fir whenever weā€™re online together?

Best,
Nigel

1 Like

Itā€™s taken me ten days to download this update, with incredibly slow and stuttery download speeds, constantly dropping out. This has been my experience since the beta trial I tried to participate in 18 months ago. As always suddenly my download speeds return to normal, so this morning I easily downloaded the last of the updates, and started on the content updates within the Sim. Having finally completed that task I switched my computer off for an hour, then refilled a simbrief flight plan and fired up MSFS for the first flight in 11 days. Now I have a new update! Only 180.77 Mib. No problem. Ha. Nothing is easy with this software. My download speed starts at around 3 Mbps, drops gradually to zero and then, whatever percentage of the Sim is downloaded, it stops and starts again. What an absolutely useless piece of software. If I produced anything like this I would feel ashamed. I donā€™t think Microsoft feel shame any more. I donā€™t blame Asobo, they have produced a wonderful representation of the world. Microsoft are the villains here as far as I am concerned, their profits jumped by 44% last year to 16.5 billion dollars. They need to think of their customers and sort this mess out.

1 Like

Yeah does any one know how to fix the A320NX external HUD problem? It is showing up on multiple planes including the 787-X. Its only displaying the cessna HUD. Any Ideas?

Roger that
Iā€™ve never flown on line but sounds cool
Iā€™ll reach out
Cheers
Carlos

Thank you for the prompt action taken with todayā€™s update!
Performance is yet amazing
Clouds are looking very well
etc

Carlos