Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VII (January Build 1.21.18.0)

Same here.

Managed to fly a Cessna 172 and the TBM 930, but the FBW320 fails to get to the flight. Repeatable.

1 Like

I was in the same boat, twice. Cost me a day. And I learned to read the notes and warnings upfront (the hard way). Now please stop whining, do the work that needs to be done. And get back in the air (or not). You made your point several times now.

There is a wishlist about backing this up - except not to the cloud:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/please-relocate-our-activities-missions-flight-plans-from-roaming-to-documents/361965

Your suggestion would warrant a new wishlist topic on it.

1 Like

Try again after moving the community folder temporarily to your desktop for example.

It worked for me.

After the downloads are finished.

Close sim-> move the community folder back to its original place—> remove the empty community folder msfs created automatically—> restart pc —> boot msfs

it all came as a patch directly in the Sim. Said nothing about the MS Store so I assume it wasnt required.

Did you try the dev or experimental version of the FBW?
The stable version will be updated soon, as stated by the FBW team.

Yes. Updated no issue

Just completed a flight from LSZH to EGKK in FBW experimental. Stable did not seem to load. It’s a bit surprising, considering the beta was running for a month. I was flying all the time with the dev version though.

I was on the Stable, which was failing to load even after waiting 20 mins.

Now just loaded the Developmental version, and the sim has finally loaded.

About to try a flight.

FBW was aware of the issue. I believe they made a statement some time back when the fix was identified that they would not release an official stable patch until MS released the official update. So, no releases just for a beta, basically. They directed people to the dev version. However, there was a manual update you could do to a config file to get stable running on the Beta, it was just not officially supported or recommended by FBW

Ah, right, makes sense.

I did the update and everything went fine until my first flight! I had a CTD after 2 mins on the Rwy 28 in ZRH onboard FBW‘s 320!
After a reboot the same scenario…ctd after 2 mins! And again and again and again…

I has this issue some time ago after the update to the GOTY Version and my solution was to disable NAHIMIC Service!
Today i saw that this service was enabled again…i don‘t know why and how?

After disable NAHIMIC service again i took off in Zurich and flew without any CTD :grinning:

Strange! But now everything works fine!

I’m on a flight with the experimental version and it’s over 3 hours already and no problem at all. If that helps.

1 Like

I’m struggling to fuel planes.

TBM930 and FBW320 tested so far. On the Asobo fuel page I drage the slider up to put fuel in, and after a couple of seconds it jumps back to about 21%.

Impossible to fuel up for a long flight.

Anyone else?

The windsock issue is going to take some time to settle down, as it was wrong from much earlier on, and now many airports need to be updated, as well as most 3rd part addons,
So at the moment, there is a mix of airports that have windsock right, and those that have it 180 out.

Maybe what is needed is a 3rd party tool, that reads all the airports and sets the windsock correctly to match the new SDK specification ?

As far as I know, fueling is now done via the flypad for the FBWA320. I haven’t used the in game fuel slider for a quite a long time. In fact before I start my flight this is what I did and it worked well as before.

Can’t say anything about the TBM930.

I totally agree with you.

I know this post will be flagged. Microsobo need to review their ‘Code of conduct’ to allow for legitimate criticism, even if that may conflict with marketing objectives.

How can we realistically discuss anything if we are not allowed to express a contrary opinion?

I don’t blame the moderators either; they don’t make the rules.

1 Like

@SIedDriver
Not having any problems here with 930 (PC/store version). What’s your total weight and CG position with the fuel load at 21%?
If this continues to be a problem, we should move it to another thread to discuss.
Regards

Weather progress confirmed. Wow. Just did a short flight in GA, USA, and it was amazing. Clouds, storm, wind and turbulence just like I remember from the beta days.
One thing I would fix though, the sim appears to crash when alt-tabbing out and attempting to use Chrome. Edge, no issue. Nice work guys.

Thanks. That’s sorted the FWB.