Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VII (January Build 1.21.18.0)

Hey since the update my mouse doesn’t point to the parts of the cockpit. Also when I activate the throttle it no longer has a response in the speed of the plane. Everything was perfect that bad

I can’t remember ever seeing someone get an error message. Usually just a straight CTD with no notice.

Isn’t it extremely rare?

Should be = supposed to. Pretty similar, no?

Regardless, if it’s not in the hotfix release notes, it’s not been fixed. Arguing about it doesn’t make it appear.

1 Like

All went smoothly … I use 100% VR and noticed a slight improved fps and seems smoother… My only complaint is having to update via the xbox app first then the Sim updates… Why cant we just load up the sim and the update starts?

If I left my app open I would still be waiting, is was not indicated anywhere. I searched games and every other category, finally exiting and reloading to try again but this time there were more options. No need to be so convoluted.

Well, that may be, but there was no notice of this change in method so I did things like I’ve been doing them since the alpha.

I’m not sure what’s going with this new update but it broke the a320. No FMC, no displays working. All the overhead switches say FAULT. What can be done to fix this

1. The “christmas light” switch is on by default making al the lights light up (issue with the stock plane)
  2. Batteries are not charging (see the voltage, 25 - normal 28 )
  3. External power is not connected (see point above)

I would recommend you to install the FBW a32nx, it is much more realistic and logical.

By connecting the external power, all the displays are working:

2 Likes

@moxiejeff

Well to me

Supposed = more like expected ( i did nou expect because it was not in the beta notes )

SHOULD = should have been in the hotfix because it is rediculous it is not

I know it is not in the notes and therefore not fixed … i have a brain … it is rediculous things are NOT included in the hotfix though … like no departing AI in a “SIM” ( one of the examples )

Anyway lets not debate words … lets debate on this piece of software that is getting worse by the day

“Hotfix” is to fix the issues introduced in a released update, not a general update to fix longstanding issues. Departing planes will be fixed in time, in fact, we should push for it for the SU8. This parch update clearly was never meant to do that.

1 Like

I updated the simulator. I can’t fly since the update. The simulator exits while loading. Community library is empty. I made a video:

There is a freeze and CTD when starting WMR when you are in the sim. To reproduce, load into a flight then start WMR and try to enable VR mode. This causes my sim to freeze then CTD without error. This is a new bug for me personally.

1 Like

Sorry to see this. Its very frustrating. have you tried with different aircraft? Have you tried turning off multiplayer data and photogrammetry?

1 Like

Have you also cleared the MODs purchased via the ingame store (uninstall them via the ingame content manager). They can also lead to problems and they are NOT stored in the community folder - so just clearing the community folder is NOT enough…

It has been mentioned a few times, by one or two of the forums mods at least. I’m trying to find one of the posts now.

For the record, I never used to use this method either, instead refreshing the MS Store app instead, until I read about the XBox app method which was faster.

It is mentioned in the FAQ about download troubleshooting:

Another mention here:

2 Likes

Yes but there’s probably no need to uninstall all marketplace mods, a visit to known issues should show anything that is still waiting for a fix.

Since the update, some aircraft no longer take the throttle on the Hawk T1 etc … how do I solve the problem?

@TidalPopcorn618

“To resent introduced bugs” ???

The AI nosewheel issue ONCE was “recently introduced “ … so where was the hotfix ?

They can make a hotfix on weekly basis … attacking one BIG issue at a time

Instead they wait for months. The nosewheelnissue does not require a complete rewrite of the AI you know. It needs to be “gear downed” in a hotfix

1 Like

For me so far so good. I renamed the Community folder (the sim create anywayan empty one) and updated without issue as always through Steam (fingers crossed, I’m lucky I know).
Assistance settings was all reset to EASY so I had to change them back. To be sure all other settings was consistent I reset them all and set them back to my licking. I only made 2 short fly (< 15min) using monitor (my Oculus CV1 is recovering from a electric surgery :wink:) on 2 different airports and planes and all went fine.
Good FPS , didn’t see any change on that, and same GPU usage for me.

As this was just a small hotfix type update, I didn’t do my normal update steps and simply updated everything as is.

The update went quickly and smoothly and the sim works very well in VR - the only downers were the usual switching of all assistance options to “Easy” (why on Earth do they do that?) and the fact that the view from inside the cockpit is somewhat darker than the external view - something I haven’t noticed before, but then I rarely fly at this time of day (late afternoon winter, just starting to get a bit dim).

I also found that the ATC volume had been increased from the low level I normally have it - maybe this is somehow connected to the easy settings? In any case it was louder, as I normally have it so quiet that I can barely understand - just loud enough to be a good immersive effect, without having to actually listen to them messing it up!

I don’t know if it was meant to be fixed (if not, why not?) but as there was about 2.3GB for the Ju-52 I’m surprised it wasn’t - the taxi/landing lights are still glowing in their reflection in the props. Yuk!

Overall no (new…) problem, then.

edit: It’s a win 10, steam installation of the standard sim.