Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

hotfix about the spinner white circle?

Nope, just navdata.

1 Like

Yep, just got one too

Well, I am in. Bit of a faff with the update, a few reboots in between main and content update and all looks good here. On first shakedown flight now and the only thing I have noticed is that the sound differential between external and internal has been seemingly removed.

Slight update. Got a CTD and on restart got a small 16mb nav update. Back in the air now and it seems really good so far.

Had something very odd happen, never seen this one before. I bought the Staggerwing and took it for a 1 hour flight. That went without a hitch. Flight is over, shut aircraft down, no problem. Back to main menu… My PC restarts, no BSOD, just restarts. Load up ORBX central to look for updates this morning. ORBX Central can’t find a simulator, ooooooh goodie. It did sort itself out. I loaded up MSFS, got the small update. Closed it again and ORBX central sees the sim again… whew!!!

Yes a small Navda

I’m on Xbox series X and have not CTD yet. It’s actually been extremely smooth flying. I even took a chance a downloaded the Fly Tampa Las Vegas DLC and did it from world map. It’s stunning by the way, great value for all you get.

Do you have DLC content installed? Which airport and plane did you use.

It might also be your Xbox tv settings as others have noticed as well. Try 60hz if not already set.

After about 3 freezes, it worked once. Not sure if it will work again. As mentioned sometimes it works, but most of the time it freezes once “FLY” is pressed. Hoping the issue is solved soon.

You guys have Gaist installed? Remove it, I then had no issue. But I still don’t understand why it sometimes work still. :thinking:

1 Like

Anybody know if there’s a Live Dev update today on Twitch? - can’t see any announcements. Last weeks Dev update said March 2nd at 18:30z

Can someone offer some advice on what may be causing my frames to drop to single digits whenever I’m near an airport? This happened as a result of the recent update. I have tried toggling developer mode on and off and clearing the log, as some users have suggested, but it didn’t work.

(post deleted by author)

I’m also getting some strange cloud-loading issues occasionally.

This is a long shot, but I saw somewhere where someone had the exact same issue and their windows background was set to change every minute. They changed that setting and it fixed the micro stutter.

Same with me. Very frustrating…

(post deleted by author)

2 Likes

That’s no airfield. Just fields. And there are a few like that in Italy too. Also one in French Polynesia. That’s what I have discovered so far.

It wasn’t like this before this update…

The airport you referenced in your screenshot is a grass airfield. There shouldn’t be any paved runways or taxiways at that airport. You can verify in Google Maps.

With that being said, if you mean there are no grass runways programmed into the sim, then I’d definitely file a Zendesk for missing/inaccurate airports.

Yes, sir, that’s exactly what I meant.

And my experience with Zendesk has been terrible. No one ever responds. I only get an auto-generated message and that’s that.