Discussion + Poll: Sim Update VIII (1.23.12.0)

Suspect that’s server load during the download process for everyone

Thanks, yes I confirmed it was off in both.

Performance seems to be at par or slightly better with this Update.

7 Likes

Mine must of crashed when I left it updating in the content manager on series x, when I got back it was on Xbox dash, started sim again and it still had 3 updates remaining.

I’m having a totally different experience this time.

1. I went to Xbox Insider App to leave the Beta. The Beta didn’t show up for me. No record if it.
  2. I decided to just reinstall MSFS from the MS App Store. So I deleted MSFS. Great, no issues.
  3. Went to reinstall MSFS from the MS App Store, but it told me to goto the Xbox App to do it. Ok cool.
  4. In the Xbox App, I was prompted to install MSFS in a different location than the MS App Store used. Ok cool, I’ll put it in a different place.
  5. The install proceeded to delete all my in-game content and so now I’m reinstalling the entire game.

But, I’m a glass half-full kind of guy, so I’ll say it was time for a clean install. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Strange my update was only about 200mb and nothing in the contents manager

And it says 1.23.12.0

Dont know what happened.

Feel I am missing out :man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Did the AIRAC get updated to the cycle 2202?

Currently downloading . . .

For those who already downloaded, how’s the traffic? Is it actually take off right now?

Yup, restarting PC after checking windows updates worked for me too.

587.3 MD through MS Store

3.91 Gib through Installation Manager

2.52 Gib through Content Manager.

Perhaps for some it may be more through content manager, depending on what content you have installed? I have a few airports not installed because I use payware in place of. Not sure if the airports I don’t have installed got updated.

Looking forward to testing the update out. Hope the poll stays open long enough :laughing:

12.89GB in content manager for me. Downloading now…speeds really good on the West Coast server

Be advised Xbox Series X initial sim download/update went fine.

However, it will CTD when I go to Content Manager—>Update Available—>Select All—>Download

It did it twice in a row.

The only content needing updating is the deluxe, premium, WUs, Junkers Ju-52 — all MS/Asobo content.

I tried again, and only selected the Junkers and clicked Download and it CTD.

I tried again and only selected the Deluxe Upgrade and it did it again.

Not sure how to move forward here.

I was not a part of the beta on my Xbox.

1 Like

All surveys are now open! Feel free to give your vote along with your feedback on this update!

1 Like
3 Likes

Same here.

So, how do we know if we have the final SU8 or not?

If you were in the Beta there is no update, they released the exact version we already have.

Game is stuck in content manager. Cannot move, change menu, nothing . Had to close the game. 3x. (Xbox Series X).

1 Like

Really, pathetic.

Xbox series X content manager gets stuck and freezes . Have to restart completely to try to get it going but it just gets stuck after I download one piece of content. Very bad process this install.

1 Like

Exactly the same here.

AI traffic is taking off now Woooohooo

11 Likes