Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

What? The wind blows from east-west. A normal day in the Netherlands :innocent:

that is in LFPO

Updates have all gone 100% well for me. Fired up the sim and did a quick flight - no issues at all. All my settings were intact, so no fiddling about with them. I havenā€™t checked-out the world updates because I never fly in Europe (I havenā€™t been to see any of the US or UK updates since they were updated, either), but the sim seems to be performing perfectly well where I do fly (SE Asia). I noticed some traffic for once. Well, thatā€™s new (I have both A.I. and Live Traffic enabled), because I usually see precisely zero other traffic. Bangkok seemed fairly busy, right from the off.

So, all good. For now.

PS: except for the fact that, coming into Pattaya, I didnā€™t see any coconut palms. None at all. Itā€™s just weird, and I wish Asobo would sort that nonsense out.

Well. Amsterdam is known all over the world for their ā€˜pieces of plantsā€™. And indeed people might see floating cranes after they consume it.

2 Likes

Easy, Itā€™s just made a choice.

1 Like

Believe me you got to smoke much stronger stuff to make the city look like thisā€¦ :wink:

3 Likes

Depends upon your ā€˜level of experienceā€™.

1 Like

Flew around Paris ā€¦ went by the Eiffel towerā€¦ pretty stuttery. Probably would be better if precached.

1 Like

Glad I caught your post here, you basically have the same processor, GPU and amount of RAM that I have so I just tired upscale to 120% and my FPS actually went up, bargain, not thought of trying that.
45 - 50 FPS over Paris in the PA28 at 1000ft and I was really pleased with the scenery on the whole, the PG was looking pretty good.

1 Like

Fully agree. Paris is one of the best looking PG cities so far and the performance is great, too. Amsterdamā€¦ well, at least it is performing ok and the hand modeled POI look nice.

1 Like

Maybe because we live below sealevel and still have dry feet.
But for the sim i donā€™t know if its possible to program below minus altitude,
Maybe it even be a solution for photogrammetry as well.

1 Like

Desktop is pretty much a washout for me, 20mbps d/l on a 100 mbps connection. Nothing seems to have changed.
On the other hand, I started to update on the laptop which is 30ā€™ away and connect to the router thru a hub, and the damm thing is pulling 78-80 mbpsā€¦A good sign that I might at least have one machine I can run it on ā€¦

To be Continued? >>>>>

Haha. Did you try the Flevopolder (which is -12 Mtrs.) and observed the same issue? Floating cows maybe?

There is even an achievement for miles flown beneath sea level.

2 Likes

WOW. Just loaded up in LFMN and the airport is stunning! Very good detail. Amazed so farā€¦

Does anybody know how to turn off the ATC text at the bottom of the screen? Very annoying, never had that on.

EDIT: found it, subtitles off

:man_facepalming: only had the game since release.

Someone help me. I not understand what is wrong with landing challenge?

Didnā€™t the devs say that famous french manufacteurs will be featured with AI models in this update? I expected Airbus models to be in the gameā€¦like A330, A330, A350 and A380 with liveries. Its only two liveries for already existing planes.

AI Traffic stays untouched. No SDK improvement whatsoever.

No support of AIG who would do the job if they get any support.

The update keeps downloading pc-fs-base-bigfiles-0.1.129.fspatch over and over again. Any advice? Can I pause it, exit and try again?