Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

Read this in another thread

I had big problems with London but Paris looks superb to me, also getting pretty consistent frame rates over Paris far better than London

2 Likes

And also no handmade airports. Quite disappointingā€¦ As I said before, we are supposed to pay 20ā‚¬ more for a decent version of Brussels Airportā€¦ At least there is a discount of 15%ā€¦

Doesnā€™t Brussels already have photogrammetry?

It seems to vary quite a bit. Iā€™ve had over 200Mbps on some updates. The WU3 update was the slowest Iā€™ve had at about 15Mbps, todays update started out at about 80Mbps but after the first 5 GB or so it dropped to about 25

So it looks like the sim crashes on load with the following addons installed:

justflight-aircraft-pa28-arrow-iii
spad-bridge-module

I doubt this is a coincidence. The Arrow is the only plane I currently with a SPAD profile that uses LVARS, and that bridge module is used to expose those LVARs in SPAD.

Yes Antwerp or ghent

Thank you MS for this World Update of France.
A bit of a shame you did not actually include much of the other countries you said you were updating.
Dissapointed with the Netherlands in particular. I had expected a bit more. The focus of this update definitely would seem to be France, which however is very good.

1 Like

Standalone WASM modules are screwed at the moment.

1 Like

apologies as I havenā€™t been able to scroll up (time wise) to see anyone else having Kapersky AV issues. I never have had this before ā€“ but it keeps deleting the dang .exe file thinking itā€™s a trojan.

Iā€™ve stopped the AV and hoping it will update and be fine afterward.

CTD every time with the addons with the new update. This is bull. Ill check back in a few days and see If there are any solutions, but Iā€™m fed up with this ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Thereā€™s a post of spad forum saying they know the sim crashes remove the folder from the community folder

2 Likes

hey Asobo, look my vidƩo at 8 mn

1 Like

uhm brusel had decent pg in vanilla game ā€¦ , did they remove it ?

EDIT: brussel PG is still there , same as always

Just flew around Paris in a C152 for an hour or so. Monumental achievement from Asobo. Merci beaucoup!

6 Likes

My Marketplace is greyed out after the update (Steam version). Anyone else?

Have you reached your in-game download cap?

EHRD (Rotterdam) seems choppy in VR on approachā€¦ as long has you have the terminal building ā€˜in viewā€™, f/r drop like 50% (so it feels like ā€¦ donā€™t use any fps meter). Once youā€™re passed it, back to normal. Some optimization requiredā€¦

1 Like

Is anybody else stuck on 1.14.6.0? I launched MSFS today, not realizing that 1.15.7.0 was released. Once in, I was prompted to update to 1.14.6.0. I knew that it was already installed but thinking that something needed to be updated or ā€œfixedā€, I clicked Continue. While 17.4GB downloaded, I saw lots of French packages get downloaded, but after the update, I noticed two things:

1. I was still running 1.14.6.0

2. I have nothing - no Logbook, no Achievements and no Content Manager - under the Profile tab.

As I investigated, it turned out that both the Xbox app and Windows needed updates. Still, after updating both, I am stuck on 1.14.6.0. Interestingly, first loading screen is London but then I see the Arc de Triumph and Iā€™m told that World Update IV is available and I can see nice screenshots of various French and Benelux airports, landmarks, bush trips, landing challenges, etc.

I have submitted a ticket to support, but if anybody has any suggestions about how to fix this, Iā€™d appreciate it.

Personal Observation based on the experience with my own installation:

Go into the Marketplace - ā€œbuyā€ the free France/Benelux Scenery Update and Install it. Itā€™s about 5.5 GB in size.

You should get updated to 1.15.6.0.

On your next restart of the Sim, you may pull down an additional 2GB that gets you 1.15.7.0.