Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

I shut-off phogrammertry after world update 3 and have a faster sim with no broken buildings. :wink:

Update installed without problems and I had a nice test flight in the evening light starting from Carcassonne, following the Canal du Midi to Beziers and from there over the Etang de Thau to Montpellier.

People keep saying this but I have had this since before WU3, I just never gave it any thought. A slight touch on the throttle and it was all good again.

Known Issues have been updated and a patch is announced:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016027399-KNOWN-ISSUES-Last-modified-April-14-2021-

2 Likes

Seasons are not yet here. They are apparently on the roadmap. But I doubt that seasons will change/replace entire satellite ground textures (maybe their colouring is slightly altered). “Seaons” will affect the appearance of “generated” objects, such as trees.

I am not sure if this has already been flagged but I am not seeing the new Bush Trip, Any workaround?

EHRD looks great, very true to life.

1 Like

In Paris there is no arc of triumph, instead a house, does it happen the same to you?

@Siberko,
See step 4 of the download instructions here:
[RELEASE] Release Notes (1.15.7.0) World Update IV: France/Benelux Now Available! - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1. Once in the sim, head to the Marketplace and download the free content update for France/Benelux.
    Then you see the Arc the Triumph
 :wink:
1 Like

I’ve not been able to use the sim at all after update. Every time I try to open it I get a CTD. The loading screen opens and i get to the main menu and then crash without an error

After downloading the complete update, i also found that in the content manager some updates are ready to download concearning some Japan Uk and Usa PG cities and challenge bushtrip related, about 15 very small downloads.
Has anyone else had these?

Yes. This is normal :slight_smile:

Note that a “patch” is not a “hotfix”. The patch promised could come in some unspecified future update, like many of the “promised” fixes.

Also, they note the problem yet again with the Orbx London Scenery. This paid-for add-on seems to be non-working more often than it is working, and even when there is a fix, they will not update it in the marketplace for several weeks after it is available to simmers who bought it directly from Orbx.

I really do find it hard to be positive.

1 Like

I don’t think debating what is a patch or what is a hotfix is the way forward.
I do know for sure that a patch is not the same as an update, so I guess we’ll know in a short time what will happen.

I think it’s again a step forward from what happened before (days of radio silence). They’re quick to react to the problems that have surfaced and have announced a fix.

For me personally these issues have no real impact. I’m enjoying the simulator quite a lot and it seems to work fine. For the moment I have no community mods installed and I don’t really miss them.

I really hope your problems with the sim are workable and I hope you can find some things to enjoy in the meanwhile. Stay positive :slight_smile:

What are the 100 airports that have been updated? Any International?

WU4 has compleatly ruined my bing textures. cannot seem to fix the issue looks like p3d past 1km
 changed LOD’s, res. a re-install is looking likely.

this is a game breaker. need a fix ASAP.

Why do you think a re-install will fix anything? Have you double checked you graphics settings have not been reverted. Perhaps your online features have been reset. Just trying to save you the time of re-installing for no good reason, as that surely won’t fix anything like this. But if by doing that it somehow resets your graphics settings back, or you have to adjust them after the re-install, you would chalk up the re-install as the fix, when it almost certainly wasn’t.

ive tried all of the above. to no avail. i have a buddy with the same bug. and ge has had it since the hotfix of WU3
 mine started this update. and i honestly dont know what else i can do do fix this without a re-install

Go ahead, and try it. Just be prepared for the possibility that it won’t make any difference.

In the top photo, could you confirm the ICAO of that airport? I’d like to replicate your photo on my setup.