Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

Curious if this happens for you after a restart and is reproducible? If so can you create a new bug thread with details such as peripherals? Thanks!

Denver has been the first location I visited in USA when I was a teenager (14 or so), together with my mom and sister.

My mom used to be a German teacher for employees of some international company here in Zurich. So we visited one of her “students” (a manager of that company really ;)) and his family in Denver.

I fondly remember that city. The first thing that I remember having noticed was that “everything is the same like in Switzerland - just bigger!” The shopping carts are bigger, the Kellogg’s packages are bigger, the Coke bottles are bigger - even the Toblerone chocolate (from Switzerland) is bigger than the one we get here in Switzerland :wink:

And I remember a day trip somewhere into the Colorado mountains, visiting some “ghost town” (former golddigger town or so). That was great visit, great memories!

P.S. Sorry, Paris, but in fact I believe that I just have to fly to Denver first after the download :wink:

4 Likes

I’ll download the update later when I am back from work. All looks very exciting. Just a quick question. Is Corsica included in this world update at all?

Installation instructions say to:

1. Shutdown and restart MSFS. (That didn’t work for me.)
  2. Go to the installation folder and delete the file that’s looping or was last installed there. (Still trying to figure out how to do that.)
    :thinking:

Is there any mesh upgrade on this update for France and Benelux? if yes, there is any map of the mesh upgrade zones?

Actually just rebooted the computer and sim. We’ll see how it goes.

Same here on the Northern Europe server. Downloads and installs 2Gb of data then goes into a loop either downloading or unpacking. Done it 4 times now, I’m bored of it. Might try again tomorrow or even next week when I’m off work. Back to FSX:SE for me.

The type of hardware is kind of irrevelant. It’s any hardware with “always on” switches causing the issue. Honeycomb is likely the biggest offender atm since so many people have bought them for MSFS. Most people reporting the bug did so stating they’re using Honeycomb hardware. Hence why it’s colloquially known as a “Honeycomb issue”.

If they fixed it for Honeycomb, likely it’s fixed globally for all devices causing the issue, as it’s the same problem at the core level of the sim.

i pretty sure Xbox user don’t care about this they just gonna play for few hours and leave i don’t think any flights simmer gonna play msfs on Xbox

1 Like

Yes indeed

All the building look so grey

I don’t agree.

I can see myself using the XBox version for casual flying on the big screen TV, sharing the flight with family and friends, etc. Sure, if I’m doing a full airliner flight with addons and peripherals etc. I would use my PC, but the Xbox version is most definitely something I’m interested in.

My desktop PC is a lonely experience for me, the lounge TV is a family experience.

5 Likes

Never did figure out how to find the installation folder.

But, some good news, I think.
It appears that after each shut-down and restart of MSFS, it remembers those files that were previously downloaded/installed before the looping began and it just proceeds from there.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

I used to have download loops. A large update file would fail part way through downloading and then start again. The only way I can successfully download updates first time is to enable a VPN. I use Nord.

1 Like

A320 autopilot still broken when simrate is higher :frowning:

I was in the middle of a flight about an hour ago when it CTD. I reloaded FS2020 and now I’m being forced to download v1.14.6.0 which is 17.41GB :cry:

1 Like

Thanks for that. I do have a VPN, but don’t use it unless I have a need. Appears like I might have a need!
LOL
Will try that next

1 Like

How much higher.
Cant really go faster than x8 on any plane without starting their RollerCoaster dance

Use NetLimiter to limit your download speed (4 MB/s for me). I have to do it each update, else I get the looping too.