Discussion + Poll: World Update IV (1.15.7.0)

Nice one, glad that worked for you. Yeah, this probably does need a new thread.

Marketplace is greyed out and I’m unable to connect to region server since the update.

[SOLVED] The Update set the online functionality to off (options > data) for me!

1 Like

After update of 22Gb is finished, click CONTINUE and immediate CTD…

1 Like

Classic Asobo

So far, lost all my settings because I was in world map when it noticed some packages had been updated server side. (It went back to the main menu and got stuck in a loop, after restarting all my settings were gone)

After the Steam update finally appeared it’s now downloading 20GB, only 4GB completed so far after 20 minutes. I wish they would update the installer.

Again, the devs mention they’ve added various water masks as a part of this update. It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could list the locations where this has been done so we could go check them out.

1 Like

Download looping as it does with every update

I’m aware of the root cause of the bug, and I also believe it’s fixed for all devices. However, there is a chance they’ve fixed it only for the heading knob by removing the control acceleration feature from the heading knob only and not fixing the underlying issue with the always-on buttons. That is the part I’m really worried about, since the bug is also affecting the alt knob, for example.

It’s fixed for my Thrustmaster Warthog! Lowered the flaps switch (three way switch where up and down are in an ‘always on’ state) and can freely move the heading bug without it skipping 10 degrees each time.

2 Likes

CTD after CTD… Cannot even start one flight…
Reinstalling

Everything looks good on my end @Jummivana . However, I’m getting a large bump in the runway at the newly included Nice airport. It is right where Runway 04L intersects Taxiway B1. Makes takeoff/landing interesting, to say the least.

2 Likes

True, and while i agree with you partially, i think i’d rather have Asobo work on new stuff rather than duplicating work that’s already out there. Sure, that’s not entirely valid, since you can’t take a livery artist and have them work on low level sim code, but still. One can only hope Asobo are making the best of their people’s skills.

And also

1 Like

Did you restart the sim after installing the new packages?

Yes, I did.

Did you clear your entire community folder?

1 Like

Maybe that’s it. I forgot to do that this time around. Can I still do it after installation?

I believe their barometer patch may have introduced a problem with ATC. I’ve never had altitudes called out to me like this before.

I understand your concern.

It depends what they did. If they fixed the underlying code problem, it should be a global fix for all hardware and all instruments affected.

That said, if they did a half-■■■ fix, it may only fix the issue as they listed, and not fix the alt setting or other devices. And it wouldn’t be the first time Asobo have half-■■■■■ something.

Unfortunately, I’m at work, so I won’t be able to test this for myself until later today. It would be nice to be able to actually use the switches on my Alpha yoke. I have plenty of other working switches between my Logitech panels, Stream Deck XL and Air Manager, but there are still a few functions I’d like physical switches for, and those unused switches on my Alpha would be perfect.

Update went through perfectly again. My download sizes:

Microsoft Flight Simulator Premium Deluxe

Steam: 471,90 MB
FS2020: 22,22 GiB (Update to 1.14.5.0)
Marketplace: 5,15 GiB (World Update IV: France & Benelux)
Content Manager: 172.53 MiB (Landing Challenges, Bushtrips, Buildings, Airports etc.)

New folder sizes:
MFS Launcher Folder (Steam): 1.58 GB
MFS Content Folder: 127 GB (empty community folder)

But I can not fly yet. Today is the second Tuesday of the month, so I have to wait computer (Windows updates).