Discussion + Poll: World Update IX: Italy (1.25.9.0)

Agreed, as far as PC goes.

With Xbox, it’s absolutely nowhere near as simple as that.

3 Likes

There’s too much stuttering and hiccuping in the photogrammetry’ed Italian cities, breaking immersion and sense of speed.

Anyone else? I’m on SX.

Yes, I also noticed that today.

Recently, when I wanted to start my simulator again, the data is not synchronized.
I keep getting stuck at this point. I haven’t installed or added anything new. I don’t know if that has anything to do with the update.
I’ve tried as many things as I can but I can’t get any further…

I’m happy about every answer. Thanks for your help!

It’s been several days and still no announcement about next WU? They’ve always announced that same day as WU release…wonder what the hold up is??

It will probably be announced during the next Q&A as it has been in the past. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Nope!

Next WU will be announced at the Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase.
June, 12th 2022, 1900 MEST

1 Like

Is this confirmed, or are you speculating? Please refer the source if confirmed. Thanks!

Source: Last Dev Q&A

1 Like

That’s a big occasion for just a world update.

1 Like

Cool…guess I missed that. Also agree with next post. Must be a BIG update planned to put it off that long and for that event! :thinking:

Don’t think so.
When you follow the Devs Q&A, every announcement is the biggest in the world …
Till it breaks!

5 Likes

It would be nice if we could make the global satellite map perfect

3 Likes

MSFS drops out everytime in normal and safe mode at around the 80% initial loading screen. Will wait for a patch to fix.

Same setup as you but 12thg gen, can’t fly in vr.
I do see stutters on flat screen but in Vr as you can imagine it’s a different story…
Did some testing with Xplane 11 / ACC / DCS and they all run very very smooth.
On the other hand i have msfs, very long loading time / shimmery graphics and no matter what setting
driver / bios / GM / HAGS / win 10 or 11 it is the same.
I do see how different settings can affect the sim but the issue is still here, 'slow or laggy / jumpy terrain as well as regular dropped frame .
Convinced that more than half of the people stating " mine is fine" have no idea of what they talk about or see.
Seen many videos where you we can appreciate the jumpy terrain even on pancake mode.
For now the Sim is broken, 30% perf and smoothness have been lost and i think it is due to new clouds or trees.
Might make a post asking for the “mine is fine” to make a video at low flight panning and rolling to see how 'perfect and smooth" they run the sim.

I think we all have to wait until July where the next update might make things better or worse, i let you guess :slight_smile:

Are you sure?, I was hoping something will be announced in the Q & A which will start in about an hour!

Yes I am sure!
Marketing Joerg told it in the last Dev Q&A

1 Like

Find the error

More obvious here:

Nowhere in nature you will find such a straight line with a correct 90° edge

1 Like

This line issue occurs several times in this recent world update. They have made no attempt to try and blend the most recent ground textures with older ones along say hedge rows or between fields, sometimes the join goes right through the middle of a field in fact. Check out the area west of Turin for example and there is a join between old and new which stands out like a sore thumb. That said the new textures look really nice though so on balance I would rather they improve what they can even if there is a line, if it results in some areas looking a lot better.